Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is this figure still available to purchase from SS? I am happy that it's still available for retail but at the same time I am disappointed. It drives the value of the figure down. This went on sale at the same time as the Dark Night Gordon. I actually ordered this as soon as it went on sale July 3, 2012. I was thinking it would sell out within days since it is a SDCC 2012 exclusive. Gordon sold out in a few days and now he can fetch 300-almost 500 on Ebay. Rescue Cap is still available a year and a half later and he can be had cheap on Ebay. I mean I don't really care, I still like the figure. But it would be nice to know that I own a high value figure. Like Hawkeye, Hulk, or Mark VII, Joker.

Why is this figure still available to purchase from SS? I am happy that it's still available for retail but at the same time I am disappointed. It drives the value of the figure down. This went on sale at the same time as the Dark Night Gordon. I actually ordered this as soon as it went on sale July 3, 2012. I was thinking it would sell out within days since it is a SDCC 2012 exclusive. Gordon sold out in a few days and now he can fetch 300-almost 500 on Ebay. Rescue Cap is still available a year and a half later and he can be had cheap on Ebay. I mean I don't really care, I still like the figure. But it would be nice to know that I own a high value figure. Like Hawkeye, Hulk, or Mark VII, Joker.

I'm confused... you're upset that a figure isn't going for high secondary retail therefore making it difficult for collectors to obtain it because it is great?

Thats kind of... well, selfish.

Saw that this guy was still for sale at SSC. On the fence for this one, he looks good, anyone want to give a detailed opinion?

I used the points I had on this figure, well worth it. A must for any Capt America fan to have him in his WWII uniform.

Thanks for the reply,
And if it's a must this guy is next on my list. I'm really digging the WWII era looks

I bought hi when he first came out, but later I needed the money and sold him off for below what I paid for him. I tried to get him again thru sideshow and asked them if the one per household was an issue and they said yes. I pointed out that he's been sitting there on there shelfs for over 1 1/2 years and they just said sorry that's the policy.

Dude that's heavy, sorry you can't get another one from them.

It kinda explains why this hasn't sold out yet. Face it, it's not a IM or Batz so its not an instant seller, the demand is lower, that stacked with 1 per household means that the people that actually LOVE the fig can't get more. It's kinda sad really.

I bought hi when he first came out, but later I needed the money and sold him off for below what I paid for him. I tried to get him again thru sideshow and asked them if the one per household was an issue and they said yes. I pointed out that he's been sitting there on there shelfs for over 1 1/2 years and they just said sorry that's the policy.

Are you on friendly terms with any of your neighbours? Just get one of them to order it for you.

Does Sideshow give a low quantity warning before a figure like this sells out?

The news letter will tell you when they have low on-hand quantities. I'm not sure if they still do this or not since they updated their site, but they used to post a low quantity warning on the product page as well.

I like this version of Cap too. I haven't broke down and ordered it yet but it has a cool look. I might just see what comes out for The Winter Soldier line instead though.

I ended up getting the Red Skull figure and I thought this one would be a good figure to display with it to represent the first film. Hopefully I can the get Winter Cap to go with the Winter Soldier to represent the second film (assuming they make both figures of course).

Back