Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about picking another up as well. For you customizers out there, how hard would it be for me to remove the right chestplate weathering smear?
Just don't want them looking like twins, but don't want to look weird or ruin it by taking off the weathering in some half assed attempt.

I'm thinking about picking another up as well. For you customizers out there, how hard would it be for me to remove the right chestplate weathering smear?
Just don't want them looking like twins, but don't want to look weird or ruin it by taking off the weathering in some half assed attempt.

Rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol will remove enough of the weathering to change up the appearance. If carefully used, acetone can remove most of the weathering without damaging the underlying paint.

HTH

I have 2 Sandies and the weathering is slightly different on them. Thus I'd say add more weathering on one, not remove weathering.

I have 2 Sandies and the weathering is slightly different on them. Thus I'd say add more weathering on one, not remove weathering.

Yep. Mine are different enough that it doesn't bother me, but I would also add more weathering instead of removing it.

Did they release one with the white shoulder pad instead of orange? I remember seeing it in ANH, the one who says "Look, droids" or something.

HT just released the orange pauldron one (squad leader).
Sideshow originally released Squad Leader (orange), Sergeant (white), Corporal (black) and Desert Sands Detachment (came with white and grey-non canon pauldrons).

Did they release one with the white shoulder pad instead of orange? I remember seeing it in ANH, the one who says "Look, droids" or something.

I think there is a "look sir droids" white poldron figure due for release next year. I'm pretty sure there are some proto pictures of him around somewhere.

They have shown the white pauldron Sandtrooper at cons but no more info yet.
5e990e1360b688ba21ec69bb1aa41e28.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

Picked up a Jeff Bridges Iron Monger headsculpt for 12 dollars. I think it looks pretty cool on the Sandtrooper. Like a old grizzled veteran. It would also looks cool as some type of officer I think.

Rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol will remove enough of the weathering to change up the appearance. If carefully used, acetone can remove most of the weathering without damaging the underlying paint.

HTH

Thank you, is Rum denatured? :lol

Yep. Mine are different enough that it doesn't bother me, but I would also add more weathering instead of removing it.

Maybe that would be better, how do you go about something like that? Just drybrush and stiple brown paint on him? (Yes, I've been googling weathering, just not sure its appropriate as it was for small metal pieces) :(

Well I picked up my sandtrooper from my local ups office today. Used the $50 code on it and the box had a $20 code on it that works on most items. I might use it o. The new retro sneaky iron man or maybe on the death trooper deluxe. I could use my saved up rp on those but thank my rp will be getting used on the sideshow snowspeeder pilot luke.

Finally decided to order this guy with the $30 off and free shipping. It came down to either a Sandtrooper or Darth Maul, but ultimately I'm just too much of a sucker for a heavily weathered classic SW character. Especially with Paramore making it look so damn good in those pics of his. :D

I'm THIS close to using the New Years coupon on this guy. I've had my eye on it for a while. Will look good next to Ben, as others have shown in this thread. Any chance we'll get another coupon like that ($30 and up) anytime soon, or should I go for it now..?

Back