Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you clip the gun on the backpack?

The blasters aren't actually clipped to the pack at all. The DLT-19 has a lip on the grip that I use to hang onto the top bar of the backpack and the E-11 is just sitting on top propped against the short black clip on for the backpack that way it doesn't fall off.

The blasters aren't actually clipped to the pack at all. The DLT-19 has a lip on the grip that I use to hang onto the top bar of the backpack and the E-11 is just sitting on top propped against the short black clip on for the backpack that way it doesn't fall off.

It looks great, nice thinking!

Ey that's the one I was looking at :)

Right. Well that really is the cheapest option there is. So just do it. :)

My Sandtrooper arrived today. I really like it and am very pleased. Reading this thread made it much easier to put together. First I totally agree with taking off the hand/armor to put on the shoulder pouch. As for the backpack.....DO NOT follow the directions. Snug the straps up while it's off the figure. Then pop off the helmet which will allow you to take off the pauldron. You can then put the backpack on, slip the pauldron and helmet back on, put the shoulder pouch on, then you can put the armor back on. No tweezers required!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sandtrooper arrived today. I really like it and am very pleased. Reading this thread made it much easier to put together. First I totally agree with taking off the hand/armor to put on the shoulder pouch. As for the backpack.....DO NOT follow the directions. Snug the straps up while it's off the figure. Then pop off the helmet which will allow you to take off the pauldron. You can then put the backpack on, slip the pauldron and helmet back on, put the shoulder pouch on, then you can put the armor back on. No tweezers required!!!!

Yes. I assumed everyone would do this, but I think that's sometimes something that makes some uncomfortable. I thought this was one of the easiest Sandtroopers I have ever assembled.

Yes. I assumed everyone would do this, but I think that's sometimes something that makes some uncomfortable. I thought this was one of the easiest Sandtroopers I have ever assembled.

Sometimes 1/6 know how beats following directions. Reweaving the straps looks like a pain. I also was able to gauge how much to pull the straps fairly easily. When you look at the pack, you leave just enough slack to fit over the shoulders. With it off you can get both sides the same.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Cant wait to get mine now.... Damn i remember when putting together a HT was almost a rite of passage for these things , oh the time it took to put together one of the earlier releases of Predator line ..AAhhh fun days :)

*****k it looks so good, but the drawback is that the "cheapest" one I could get would cost me 300$.... Is it worth the money or should I wait?

What store are you looking at here in Sweden? Scifishop.se has it for 2695 SEK. With shipping and import charges that is cheaper than buying from sideshow direct. I'm getting 2. :)

I ordered mine from Loontentoys on ebay. 2225:- including shipping.

The difference isn't that great, but if you're buying several figures a year it will be possible to squeeze in another by shaving off a couple of hundred SEK here and there. :joy

I ordered mine from Loontentoys on ebay. 2225:- including shipping.

The difference isn't that great, but if you're buying several figures a year it will be possible to squeeze in another by shaving off a couple of hundred SEK here and there. :joy

Good point, I have checked eBay but didn't see it that low. Also as long as it only that small difference I'm happy to support a local store. Great customer service and fair prices.

Cant wait to get mine now.... Damn i remember when putting together a HT was almost a rite of passage for these things , oh the time it took to put together one of the earlier releases of Predator line ..AAhhh fun days :)

This was my first "modern" Hot Toys figure. I have two of the British military figures from a few years back. Most of my Sideshow figures have been purchased here or off Rebelscum. Many loose or bashed.

My first HT was the Terminator Salvation t-something and the backpack was not easy...with the straps...so yeah, this sandtrooper was pretty easy in comparison!

Got my Sandtrooper today. I had him put together pretty quick, until I had him all together and realized that my left harm wasn't articulating right, it wouldn't move straight forward, it would move in a crazy arc, so I had to strip it down and figure it out.

I ended up just grasping it firmly and twisting it the way I wanted and it popped and now moves the way it's supposed to.

I did however have a piece of the backpack broken off in the box, it was the canister that goes in the lower right hand side of he front of the pack. There was missing paint and dried glue around the pegs and holes, it looked like a 3 year old tried to glue it on at the factory.

All in all, I'm very happy with it and it displays great!

If anyone who hasn't got theirs yet is wondering: The backpack definitely doesn't need to be superglued to the his back . I also opted not to stretch the shoulder pouches over his shoulder due to the tension. Looked like it was going to fire off at any point and could see the glue separating. I just looped the pouch around the back pack shoulder strap, holds fine with next to no tension on the strap. Just pop off the head and pauldron first to make your life easier. Hope that helps anyone wondering 'how to'.

One of my “to do’s” this weekend is changing my Sandie pose from the popular binoculars and holding big gun to something completely different!! It’s a pose I had to put him in but honestly I don’t like it anymore. Im going to dig deep and find the most iconic Sand/Storm trooper pose.

Yes..I would like to know as well!!!!

It doesn't actually clip on the pack, the DLT-19 has a lip on the grip that you can rest on the top bar of the pack to make it appear like its clipped on. The E-11 just kinda rests on the top on the other side of the pack. I'll try and post a picture of it when I get home to give you a better idea of how it looks!

Has anyone posted a side-by-side with the Marmit sandie yet? I couldn't find one going back into this thread.

I have the Marmit with orange pauldron plus every type of SSC sandie rifle so wondering if this guy is a really noticeable upgrade. I like the helmet on this more than the HT stormie.

Since one or two people asked about how I put the guns on the backpack here are a few pictures.
OGFfV6o.jpgujg9rrL.jpgh65Nv9a.jpg

Sandtrooper arrived today...................I wonder if I should open and put it all together or leave it in the box and put it in the closet............descisions......:dunno

Definitely option A.............:lecture

Back