Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point me to the post if this has been covered, but has anyone fit a Sideshow Sandtrooper with a Hot Toys Sandtrooper helmet and waist armor? Just wondering how it looks and how to go about it.

Sean

Yeah tried that. They just slip and don't hold.

Are you sure you're doing it correctly. Mine holds much better than SSC's. You have to go in one slit, up and down to to the other for tension, then pull down on the straps for a tight since, once you position it in the right spot. Mine holds like a champ. Both of mine do.

So general consensus is that this guy is awesome but does have some finicky, fragile bits to him?

I'm looking into picking up another figure for my display, but I have very limited space and only have room for six more figures in my small simple display.

Thinking about putting this on a shelf with ROTJ boba fett, and the jawas to do a general tattooine display...

So general consensus is that this guy is awesome but does have some finicky, fragile bits to him?

I'm looking into picking up another figure for my display, but I have very limited space and only have room for six more figures in my small simple display.

Thinking about putting this on a shelf with ROTJ boba fett, and the jawas to do a general tattooine display...

As someone that's had every iteration of the OT troopers from Sideshow and Hot Toys, I will say this is one of my favorites. I love the attention to detail on the sculpt and the included accessories are phenomenal. Feels like a better package overall than the standard Stormtrooper. I can't wait for the pauldron variants.

If I could only have one HT trooper, this one might be it. So I think you'd be very happy with it in your display. Maybe with one or two more if you can squeeze them in when the inevitable corporal and sergeant come out. You could pretend they're dead Jawas and pile them up at their feet if you need more room.

So, I think I may be able to help those that are having trouble with the straps. On mine, as I was cinching it up the plastic buckles that the straps go through actually bent in the opposite direction (basically negating the effect of the friction buckles). If your backpack is coming loose, double check those buckles to make sure they are rounded and bent downward (and not rounded and bent upward).

After I noticed this I was able to correct the issue on mine. Also, what helped me was removing the helmet, shoulder paldron, and the bicep and forearm armor pieces. Then I tighten the straps carefully almost all the way, carefully moved his arms to the back (the same way you might put your arms if someone was helping you take your jacket off) and then carefully slid the backpack up and on. Then I put everything back on and it's holding like a champ. I felt it was way easier to use tweezers to thread the straps through the buckles while the backpack was off (just more wiggle room).

Anyway, hope that helps some of you.

The straps on the marmit backpack are the best application. I am going to try and find some stretch band material and just superglue the straps like the marmit. It's super easy to do and will recoil and hold it in place.

I almost broke my feeder plastic buckles trying to get it to stay up on mine as well.

Amazing how much that figure still gets right being released so long ago. :lol

Finally had a chance to open up and assemble mine. Was a bit hesitant in putting him altogether since it seems it'd require a lot of time to assemble him based on various posts I have read here, but with a tweezer, it took me like 20 min or so to put him together.

He definitely looks great along with the rest of the troopers:

image.jpeg

I just picked this guy up for a cool 207 shipped.
Im excited. Thanks for all the input!

Finally got his guy set up. Great looking figure (once he's set up). Now my complaints:

This figure was the worst that I have ever had to set up, a real mofo. The back pouch strap came loose so I needed super glue hold it in place.
HT should have added holders on the armor as molds to hold certain parts in place. Not just straps.

I never take prices off this figure in fear of the straps breaking as they feel quite flimsy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451949822.161705.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451949843.294934.jpg

Very nice. I really like your posing. Wish I had the space to only do one figure per shelf. It looks so clean and really hi lights each figure.

Thank you. I understand that space is a issue for many of us collectors. I don't buy many so It might make it easier. I need to keep these one per case if anything to highlight that these are expensive SOB.

I just have Batman Returns to add to this collection and I will be done (to date). As it stands nothing in the current/PREORDER HT line-up that I have interest in owning.

Thank you. I understand that space is a issue for many of us collectors. I don't buy many so It might make it easier. I need to keep these one per case if anything to highlight that these are expensive SOB.

I just have Batman Returns to add to this collection and I will be done (to date). As it stands nothing in the current/PREORDER HT line-up that I have interest in owning.

My issues is that I buy quite a bit and need more space. Good thing I'm mainly sticking to hot toys now

Back