Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20151230_071358-1.jpg
Sandies in the house! These guys are so awesome! I thought the promo pics really captured them perfectly so i totally stole the pose. Lol These guys were well worth the wait.

Is anybody else's OCD bothered by the fact they have a different post for the stand than the rest of the Star Wars figures?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451478834.420851.jpg
It's just the standard black post instead of the more "Star Wars" post. Just a nit pick but otherwise a great figure.

View attachment 233250
Sandies in the house! These guys are so awesome! I thought the promo pics really captured them perfectly so i totally stole the pose. Lol These guys were well worth the wait.
If I hadn't already broken down and ordered a second, last night, this pic would've been the final straw. Ordered locally so won't be here until late February but nice to know I've locked in my second at retail (and $90 CAD less than Sideshow). Have a feeling these guys are going to get real expensive once they sell out. Assuming we get both a white and black pauldron variant, I'll limit myself to one or the other.

Is anybody else's OCD bothered by the fact they have a different post for the stand than the rest of the Star Wars figures?
It's just the standard black post instead of the more "Star Wars" post. Just a nit pick but otherwise a great figure.

The thing that bothers me is that they can't be combined as well like the other stands can for various reasons--hole for the stand, hole for droid stand, foot prints, general shape of the sand not blending together if put side by side. There's my OCD at work.

The thing that bothers me is that they can't be combined as well like the other stands can for various reasons--hole for the stand, hole for droid stand, foot prints, general shape of the sand not blending together if put side by side. There's my OCD at work.
I really like the stand and it looks great for one figure as a standalone but not sure I like 'em for multiples, esp once the variants come out. I'll be posing them without stands, I think, to try and get a natural group look once they're all together.

Damn, two look good like that.
Yeah, those orange pauldrons are just iconic to me. When I think 'Sandtrooper', it's always this look. Plus I need at least a couple grunts for white or black to boss around.

Probably. I found in-person the brow is pretty unnoticable (least doesn't seem as prominent as I expected from photos). I'll be posing them scanning in different directions, though, to minimize both that and the identical weathering.

My Sandtrooper arrived today, a royal pain in the butt to assemble.....the end result a beautiful figure to display.

IMG_39944.JPG
IMG_39964.JPG
IMG_39954.JPG

That was in my thoughts whilst assembling the trooper:panic: Surely Darth won't be half the trouble this guy was:dunno

Yeah they were prob the biggest pain of all my figs to put together aside from removing and then putting back on the DKR Banes vest. Kept thinking can vader be this bad? Lol

Got one of these coming next week. Just curious, what's the biggest pain putting him together?

Back