Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a very hard time deciding between the Sand and Space Stormies.

Also keep in mind once the Spacetrooper is gone, he's most likely gone for good. That's it. No re-releases, version 2.0's alternates/variations.... nothing. They'll definitely be at least 2 more Sandtrooper variations (white & black pauldrons) if not more. I was struggling too, but I went with the Spacetrooper. Plus I do have a Marmit Sandtrooper (& regular Stormtrooper) which is still amazing to me after like 13 years, even next to the Hot Toys' Spacetrooper.

My figure just arrived at work. Now I gotta wait 4 hours to get home and set it up. It's now official. I have started collecting 1/6 Star Wars. May Glob have mercy on my wallet.

Also, this the first Hot Toys figure I have received since 2014. I missed that sweet stench of Hot Toys. I did receive ThreeZero's Heisenberg between then and now but it's not the same as ordering from Sideshow and watching the FedEx tracking page for next two days, impatiently waiting.

Last edited:
Finally started to remove the weathering from my Sandtrooper using isopropyl. I realise this will seem nuts to many people but I want a clean sand trooper, an OT version of the troopers with pauldrons from TFA. I may possibly try a Marvel custom too with blue shading.

I have two questions for those who are good at customising:

1. I want the armour to be a brilliant white - what's the best way of achieving this other than painting it? I was thinking of going over it with a cotton bud dipped in bleach, but would this damage the plastic?

2. I wanted to make the armour glossy as well as white - what's the best thing to use?

Any advice would be appreciated. I've also made a start on removing the weathering from my R2. I have to say, removing weathering with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl is my new favourite activity, it's pretty much the most relaxing thing I've done all year.

Tom, I would think it'd be easier to buy a regular Stormtrooper and move the Sandie gear onto it and sell the unwanted Sandie parts.

By the way, that's my expert customizer advice. :lecture :lol

Tom, I would think it'd be easier to buy a regular Stormtrooper and move the Sandie gear onto it and sell the unwanted Sandie parts.

By the way, that's my expert customizer advice. :lecture :lol

Thank you Master Coco! :rotfl

Sure I could do that, but I'm enjoying the paint removal too much. Actually I think I'm getting addicted to the fumes from the Isopropyl...

Joking aside, I also wanted to use it as a regular Stormie but with slightly different details like the knee, belt and helmet, I think it'll look interesting next to the regular stormtrooper.

Thank you Master Coco! :rotfl

Sure I could do that, but I'm enjoying the paint removal too much. Actually I think I'm getting addicted to the fumes from the Isopropyl...

Joking aside, I also wanted to use it as a regular Stormie but with slightly different details like the knee, belt and helmet, I think it'll look interesting next to the regular stormtrooper.

Well dang it, Tom. You've found a hobby within a hobby that I've missed all these years. Isopropyl fumes you say?

***Coco quickly adds new item to weekly shopping list***

Finally started to remove the weathering from my Sandtrooper using isopropyl. I realise this will seem nuts to many people but I want a clean sand trooper, an OT version of the troopers with pauldrons from TFA. I may possibly try a Marvel custom too with blue shading.

I have two questions for those who are good at customising:

1. I want the armour to be a brilliant white - what's the best way of achieving this other than painting it? I was thinking of going over it with a cotton bud dipped in bleach, but would this damage the plastic?

2. I wanted to make the armour glossy as well as white - what's the best thing to use?

Any advice would be appreciated. I've also made a start on removing the weathering from my R2. I have to say, removing weathering with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl is my new favourite activity, it's pretty much the most relaxing thing I've done all year.

Don't **** it up. You'll be sorry.

Hey gang, is the Sandtrooper long rifle visually the same one as the Stormtrooper one? What I mean is the Sandtrooper one doesn't have any "sand" weathering or anything like that right?

It's a little more weathered than the stormtrooper, is what I've read before. I don't have the stormtrooper.

Hi, I have the two of the old Sideshow Sandtroopers that their weathering is fantastic

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I use to own the SS version but sold it and I use to think the weathering looks more like rusted than dirty.

Back