Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang, is the Sandtrooper long rifle visually the same one as the Stormtrooper one? What I mean is the Sandtrooper one doesn't have any "sand" weathering or anything like that right?

The HT Sandtrooper and HT Stormtrooper DLT-19 (long rifle) are exactly the same, the Sandie one being a lighter gray/silverish color than the Stormie one.

HT version is cleaner than it should be....

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Here's a comparison of the two HT ones. Sandtrooper one is a little browner/greenish (oxidation?) and weathered compared to the stormtrooper one which is more black/gun metal. Sorry for the cat hair backdrop. :slap

5d4a73584ffb0b86f32cbf8a8db74278.jpg

bbb12f28ddffa2ca03cd014bf62ae736.jpg

Hi, I have the two of the old Sideshow Sandtroopers that their weathering is fantastic

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I use to own the SS version but sold it and I use to think the weathering looks more like rusted than dirty.

I have the Sideshow Corporal and the weathering on that one looks like ****, both in the figurative and the literal sense.

I suppose if i was a "trooper coming straight from cleaning the latrine"-look they were going for it's a smashing success.

Here's a comparison of the two HT ones. Sandtrooper one is a little browner/greenish (oxidation?) and weathered compared to the stormtrooper one which is more black/gun metal. Sorry for the cat hair backdrop. :slap

5d4a73584ffb0b86f32cbf8a8db74278.jpg

bbb12f28ddffa2ca03cd014bf62ae736.jpg

Thank you, this is what i needed, I'm trying to complete my Hot Toys Stormie two pack and was missing the rifle, I guess there are obvious differences then. I had a chance to get the Sandie rifle, I'll wait till I can get the right one then.

Thank you, this is what i needed, I'm trying to complete my Hot Toys Stormie two pack and was missing the rifle, I guess there are obvious differences then. I had a chance to get the Sandie rifle, I'll wait till I can get the right one then.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came with Han Stormtrooper, whenever that is released.

Is it my imagination or does one stock look smaller? One rifle seems smaller, or is that an illusion?

Also, less talky, more photo!

Just bought my 1st HT star wars figures...Sandtrooper and Spacetrooper and I have a question.
The Sandy arrived 1st and something looked just odd to me. His face seemed off, angry looking in fact.
Couldn't put my finger on it until the spacy arrived and confirmed what I was seeing.
The Sandtrooper has a white rim under the frontal black line on the helmet that the spacetrooper doesn't.
This gives him angled eyes in a "angry" face look. Regular storm the top of the eyes are straight and level and almost meet the black rim.
The Sandy has the top of the eyes angled down and well below the rim because if that white wedge section.
I've never seen anyone else lije Hasbro or medicom use this different sculpt.
Is this film accurate?
I don't understand why the Sandy doesn't share the same helmet sculpt as the standard stormy....
What gives

Just bought my 1st HT star wars figures...Sandtrooper and Spacetrooper and I have a question.
The Sandy arrived 1st and something looked just odd to me. His face seemed off, angry looking in fact.
Couldn't put my finger on it until the spacy arrived and confirmed what I was seeing.
The Sandtrooper has a white rim under the frontal black line on the helmet that the spacetrooper doesn't.
This gives him angled eyes in a "angry" face look.
Is this film accurate?
I don't understand why the Sandy doesn't share the same helmet sculpt as the standard stormy....
What gives

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...oys-sandtrooper-mms-295-a-61.html#post8006402

Lol.....there you have it...
But I'll say that even in the picture although there is a white section under the black rim the eyes still look level on the top.
HT made it look like a frown.
Maybe he's mad working a double shift....haa

There's also an illusion effect happening due to the tilt of the helmet. If you angle the helmet up to the same as in this photo (above) you can see there is no angle of the eyes. When you tilt the helmet downward it looks like the eyes are angled in a frown, but that's an illusion.

Damn, I really wish I hadn't stumbled into this thread yesterday :slap I swore blind I wasn't going to get into 1/6 Star Wars and have been buying up SH Figuarts thus far for my trooper needs, but I can't get over how uncannily accurate this figure is going through some of the photos in this thread.

I have some spare cash at the moment too, which is always dangerous. If I was just going to get one 1/6 trooper, should it be this one?

Damn, I really wish I hadn't stumbled into this thread yesterday :slap I swore blind I wasn't going to get into 1/6 Star Wars and have been buying up SH Figuarts thus far for my trooper needs, but I can't get over how uncannily accurate this figure is going through some of the photos in this thread.

I have some spare cash at the moment too, which is always dangerous. If I was just going to get one 1/6 trooper, should it be this one?

I'd say this one is the best trooper. Looks very good on the shelf, looks a bit more life like than the Stormtroopers from HT.

Back