Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice mod. BTW, Theres some extra pieces inside of the wrist peg bag.
Looks great!

Never looked for them, but now I will not replace the mod pins. These pins also hold the strap to the pauldron better, so is not just for the looks. :)

Forgot to mention that I also used a bit of velcro which I attached to both the backpack itself and to the armor on the OII section, and thus the backpack will safely stay in place, and not force the straps too much.

Hey guys i just opened up my Sandtooper. There is a faint black circle on the pauldron. Is that supposed to be there?

It is screen accurate

My Sandtroopers are availible for pick up at the post office! Just 5 more hours until I can get home and enjoy them! :panic

If you look at my HT Sandtrooper pics above (post #2208) you can see that the little brass snap button at the front of the pauldron on the strap is missing. Mine fell off when I brought the figure out to photograph it, and thus it is somewhere in the yard, but never bothered to look for it. I found better (replacement) buttons. I also removed the back button too and threw it away. Instead of those crappy glued buttons I did something very simple but extremely effective: I too 2 pins like the ones in the pic below, inserted them all the way through the pauldron and simply cut the needle part of it close to the button. This way the remaining needle part is holding the button just fine and it also will not fall off like the original ones.

pinneedle.jpg

pauldron_pin.jpg

I'm gonna have to do this as well. I haven't futzed with my Sandy since I removed it from the box and last night decided to check on the pauldron snaps to see if they were in place...I barely touched the one at the rear and it popped right off. I was able to find it but will probably do it right and use pins instead. A couple of questions:

Can the pauldron be removed?

Was it easy pushing it through the material?

Did you use a dot of epoxy at the rear to hold the pin in place and cover the sharp edge?

I'm gonna have to do this as well. I haven't futzed with my Sandy since I removed it from the box and last night decided to check on the pauldron snaps to see if they were in place...I barely touched the one at the rear and it popped right off. I was able to find it but will probably do it right and use pins instead. A couple of questions:

Can the pauldron be removed?

Was it easy pushing it through the material?

Did you use a dot of epoxy at the rear to hold the pin in place and cover the sharp edge?

Yeah, those tiny original snap buttons are poorly glued and easily fall off. I have a hunch that in time most of them will fall. As for the mod - the pauldron is better to be removed when doing this. Just pop off the head/helmet and slide the pauldron straps carefully along the hand. This will also help you when putting the backpack on, it is easier to put it on without the helmet and pauldron.

The pin itself penetrated the pauldron material very easy. I could have kept a longer part on the back side and simply bend it, but was satisfied with it after I cut it close to the back side of the pauldron. If I decide to take it off and bend the next pin, I can simply push it out with my fingernail or use some small pliers to take it out. Then I can take another pin from the sewing box and insert it the way I want. IMO this is such a simple and less costly way to add good snap buttons, which will not fall at a simple touch, that I cannot imagine what was in HT's heads when thee chose their "sticker" type low quality buttons.

Thanks for the info jkno its much appreciated; it should be an easy fix. I'll probably add a dot of 2-part epoxy on the backside to prevent the pin from backing out and provide a little padding underneath. I really hate having to "fix" these figures, especially at these prices; HT needs reconsider some of their techniques and decisions if they want to keep taking my money.

Finally got time to set this guy up! Using the tips I have seen posted here I think he was pretty easy to put together.

Just a quick picture with crap lightning.

e5e68b666031f374754268cc335da6b5.jpg

Can't wait for my second one to arrive!

How long do you guys think this figure will be available? Debating between this and TFA Jakku exclusive stormtrooper. I'm just new to collecting these and wondering what kind of figures of the tendency to actually sell out.

The lower "ears" on the helmet on this are so wide - probably too wide. It's really drastic next to the HT stormie helmet.

Other than that, I like this sculpt better.

Thanks for the info jkno its much appreciated; it should be an easy fix. I'll probably add a dot of 2-part epoxy on the backside to prevent the pin from backing out and provide a little padding underneath. I really hate having to "fix" these figures, especially at these prices; HT needs reconsider some of their techniques and decisions if they want to keep taking my money.

Glad to help. I think HT should have done something similar in the first time, instead of using crappy sticker buttons. At least Medi and SSC did it right here.

You could also use a bit of velcro to hold the back pack better too when modding the figure.

Got my second one today! :rock

Set him up a little differently so they are not exactly the same, left out the shoulder pouch and one belt pouch.

I had to remove the cords for the lighting in my cabinet since our cat decided that it was his new chew toy so not the best pictures but I love the Sandies!

068c37d02bff7c27dd0571621d6614e7.jpg
883d4e2e569e5a57eb0d086be3991e96.jpg

Nice photos Aliaz, I like a simplified look to my Sandy, so no shoulder pouch on mine.

Set him up a little differently so they are not exactly the same, left out the shoulder pouch and one belt pouch.

I had to remove the cords for the lighting in my cabinet since our cat decided that it was his new chew toy so not the best pictures but I love the Sandies!

883d4e2e569e5a57eb0d086be3991e96.jpg

Lookin' good! :clap

And yeah, I personally like the Sandies a bit more than the Stormies. The Stormies have more notoriety, but I think the Sandies' uniforms are more ornate.

Nice! Looks like the sand dune lines on the base lines up with the other. Nice.

Back