Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today. Possibly hot toys best Star Wars figure.

image.jpg

:lol Exactly. Only noticed it after i snapped the shot.

SSC sandtroopers are kind of the veterans of the bunch. They like to wear their belt high up, the old school way :wink1:

Great stuff, hokietwo. ..finally broke down and ordered this one...it's been getting such good buzz I was afraid if I kept hemming and hawing , I was going to end up missing it.

Pics in here pretty much sold it....

Am I correct in that there is no exclusive for this? I can actually buy this cheaper overseas than direct from Sideshow, but I swear I saw mention of an exclusive somewhere. Thanks

If you look at my HT Sandtrooper pics above (post #2208) you can see that the little brass snap button at the front of the pauldron on the strap is missing. Mine fell off when I brought the figure out to photograph it, and thus it is somewhere in the yard, but never bothered to look for it. I found better (replacement) buttons. I also removed the back button too and threw it away. Instead of those crappy glued buttons I did something very simple but extremely effective: I too 2 pins like the ones in the pic below, inserted them all the way through the pauldron and simply cut the needle part of it close to the button. This way the remaining needle part is holding the button just fine and it also will not fall off like the original ones.

pinneedle.jpg

pauldron_pin.jpg

Just got done doing this to my pauldron and it looks much better; one of the original snaps fell off when I breathed on it and the other took a tiny poke with my finger. Because the backside of the pin was sharp when I cut it off I added a tiny dot of 15 minute epoxy to hold the pins in place and pad the sharp edge...looks great and will never be seen.

I received my Sandtrooper a few weeks back, finally got around to taking some pictures.
Definitely a great figure, he has such a shelf presence. Now I need to weather my marmit Sandie to get him to look similar to the HT.
Second pose inspired by Solo_bones. :)

IMG_6941_2_small.jpg

IMG_6948_2_small_1.jpg

IMG_6994_2_small.jpg

Looks great agonistes86. Ordered sandtrooper yesterday for great price instead of ANH Luke (hope this week i pull trigger).
Cant wait to compare with my Sideshow sandtrooper squad leader.

Need same base for my Sideshow sandy anyone know where i can buy? Cant find on ebay.

They pop up on eBay from time to time, but the Sandtrooper has been put for awhile now so it's getting rarer to see one.

Back