Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered mine. Just wish I had bought the ssc one when it was released but hey…
this will be one the last bits I get I think as I am flat out of room now.
i Have allocate room for it and a base. I will do the standard frame with sand in it. It’s not hard.
the only question is do I try and squeeze a second trooper next to it. 🤔
room and budget suggest no. but let’s see when it’s released

I keep trying to talk myself out of getting this by finding nitpick reasons since I already have the SS version.
1. Lack of base? I could make my own.
2. More Mando style instead of OT? Who cares?
2. Better material that will last longer? Just don’t sell the SS. Wait that’s a pro.
3. More detail and better paint apps? I’m fine with what I have. Damn! Another pro.
4. Swap out parts for a variety of display options? This is not going the way I’d hoped.
5. Darker paint scheme than OT? Do we really know what color he was on set?

Sells a kidney to fund the preorder.
Hot Toys doesn't know if the Dewbacks were male or female, so that particular swap out part was not in their plan...:monkey1

Last edited:
I’m selling authentic Tunisian sand from the set of A New Hope if anyone is interested.
In fact I have sand, rocks and desert roses from the Tunisia trip I made to the movie sets in 2008 :)

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

Ordered mine. Just wish I had bought the ssc one when it was released but hey…
this will be one the last bits I get I think as I am flat out of room now.
i Have allocate room for it and a base. I will do the standard frame with sand in it. It’s not hard.
the only question is do I try and squeeze a second trooper next to it. 🤔
room and budget suggest no. but let’s see when it’s released
Hi, sorry, but could elaborate a little on the 'standard frame' complete noob question probably.

Hi, sorry, but could elaborate a little on the 'standard frame' complete noob question probably.
Of course I take a picture frame - or in this case I might have to make one and stripit to make it flat then fill it with sand leaving the glass or board to hold the sand

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Of course I take a picture frame - or in this case I might have to make one and stripit to make it flat then fill it with sand leaving the glass or board to hold the sand
Thank you for replying to my inquiry, this is a great idea and I'll factor it in when addressing/planning how I'm going to encase mine.

The proximity of this post to the one about you selling your kidney to fund this makes me somewhat apprehensive as to the sand's authenticity... :ROFLMAO:
It’s authentic. “Trust me”. It even has the “organic” stamp of approval. 🤣

Nearly $1k CND for the combo set with a possible two year wait.. Seriously thinking about this as I do have the Black Series version (or just get the DLX Dewie and call it a day).

I wonder if HT will do a Ronto and Jawa combo for those that want it.

That definitely must have been an amazing trip, jkno!
It definitely was and amazing journey. Hope to go back some day, in an extended trip.

Here is a video collage of the Tunisian movie set for those interested:

Unfortunately there were idiots writing their names on the buildings and stealing parts to sell online - even well known people, who then raised money to "save" the sets, hypocrisy at max . Back in those days there were also fewer locals trying to sell something, seems today there are a lot of them, removing the magic from the location.

Nearly $1k CND for the combo set with a possible two year wait.. Seriously thinking about this as I do have the Black Series version (or just get the DLX Dewie and call it a day).

I wonder if HT will do a Ronto and Jawa combo for those that want it.
Do the calculation on what size that would be in 1/6 scale and you will have your answer......

Do the calculation on what size that would be in 1/6 scale and you will have your answer......
Did the math if correct. Based on what Wookiepedia has mentioned, the height of the Ronto is 4 to 5 meters in height,

4 meters = 400 cm/6 = 66.66666* cm tall or 2 feet 2 inches
5 meters = 500cm/6 = 83.3333* cm tall or 2 foot 8 3/4 inches

Back