Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the math if correct. Based on what Wookiepedia has mentioned, the height of the Ronto is 4 to 5 meters in height,

4 meters = 400 cm/6 = 66.66666* cm tall or 2 feet 2 inches
5 meters = 500cm/6 = 83.3333* cm tall or 2 foot 8 3/4 inches
Yep, that's a pretty big box ! But possible I guess.

I was surprised at 4-5m tbh. In the movie it looks a lot taller, but perhaps that is just my bad memory.

Yep, that's a pretty big box ! But possible I guess.

I was surprised at 4-5m tbh. In the movie it looks a lot taller, but perhaps that is just my bad memory.
Maybe they'll make one in this position, thus will fit most collections :monkey4

giraffe-drinking-from-water-hole-linda-d-lester.jpg

So it’s a take on: “How much I love you sweetheart? Let me count the ways in which I do.” :LOL:

Alright dangit, I finally caved and ordered the combo set. No idea where I'll find the space, but this thing is just impressive as hell and super unique, as I don't have any other 1/6 creatures in the collection. And even though I already have the previous Sandtrooper, the idea of opening up this deluxe set with a brand new ANH trooper included was too tempting to pass up.

Last edited:
Alright dangit, I finally caved and ordered the combo set. No idea where I'll find the space, but this thing is just impressive as hell and super unique, as I don't have any other 1/6 creatures in the collection. And even though I already have the previous Sandtrooper, the idea of opening up this deluxe set with a brand new ANH trooper included was too tempting to pass up.
Cool. I have the Blurrg and believe me a beast in amongst all the humanoid figures makes a world of difference. Mixes things up.

Just out of curiosity here. Since we’ve known that previous HT licensed lines has been delayed by a few months, will this combo pack (or its own stand alone items) be possibly delayed as well or be on time for the estimated release date?

Just out of curiosity here. Since we’ve known that previous HT licensed lines has been delayed by a few months, will this combo pack (or its own stand alone items) be possibly delayed as well or be on time for the estimated release date?

Honestly, it is wayyyy too early for us to know that.

HT has been better the last 6 or 7 months being on time or even early with a handful of figures. Someone like Cad Bane came out about 13 months after he went up for pre-order.

The release date has a large window between the middle and end of 2024. Could be any point between that, though I usually expect releases to be a few months after the latest estimated release date.

But at best the dates are estimates - "expected dates." There's a lot that could happen to delay a figures. Heck, aliens might invade in retaliation for the bodies of their two buddies being paraded around. We don't know.

There's nothing in this set that usually bottlenecks production like a head sculpt or complex tailoring. Just the logistics of a large piece. The Sandtrooper is just a trooper that they can knockout blindfolded. Don't think it'll be substantially delayed, but who knows.

Just curious, why does it matter? And so early on? It's the nature of higher end collectibles. They're rarely on time, but at least Hot Toys eventually delivers. We'll get it when we do. I'm perfectly fine with that.

There are always impatient collectors that want everything in a snap. Just like in the Wandavision Liz thread since there was a comment about why it took so long to release, and can't stand to wait until it get official released (two years after the official announcement was made and then finally released). It's like a matter of life and death to them since a that specific item dictates on how their life will determine if it does not arrive.

There are always impatient collectors that want everything in a snap. Just like in the Wandavision Liz thread since there was a comment about why it took so long to release, and can't stand to wait until it get official released (two years after the official announcement was made and then finally released). It's like a matter of life and death to them since a that specific item dictates on how their life will determine if it does not arrive.
I think that's pretty fair considering it was 2 years !! That is ridiculous.

I'm no newbie here. It used to be 1 year, but Hot Toys have grown by the orders they receive and not scaled their production accordingly.

I can totally relate to people wanting something from a show 2 years ago !

I think that's pretty fair considering it was 2 years !! That is ridiculous.

I'm no newbie here. It used to be 1 year, but Hot Toys have grown by the orders they receive and not scaled their production accordingly.

I can totally relate to people wanting something from a show 2 years ago !
Long term this is killing their sales and elevating the entry barrier for new collectors’. We who’ve tasted the good crack can wait, but newcomers who've never seen or even dared to look at the price tag, why would they want to wait two years for something to release? Two weeks and their enthusiasm is dead!

Long term this is killing their sales and elevating the entry barrier for new collectors’. We who’ve tasted the good crack can wait, but newcomers who've never seen or even dared to look at the price tag, why would they want to wait two years for something to release? Two weeks and their enthusiasm is dead!
Yep Hot Toys still continue to behave like a little company, when they really have the potential to be so much larger. I guess their risk then is reduced quality. But pushing out timing is not the right solution imo.
If they're behind due to the recent China lockdown hire some people shorter term to catch up, and get back to the 1 year timing they had.

As far as the Dewback it seems they must have an external company who deals with production of the larger beasts and vehicles. I guess they've been pretty much on time. Seemed pretty quick that those BARC speeders etc were turned around.

Yep Hot Toys still continue to behave like a little company, when they really have the potential to be so much larger. I guess their risk then is reduced quality. But pushing out timing is not the right solution imo.
If they're behind due to the recent China lockdown hire some people shorter term to catch up, and get back to the 1 year timing they had.
Agreed. It is a strange practice, indeed. The current output is extending the release window further, I think they need to launch fewer figures to get their current production on pace. Furthermore investments in larger facilities is needed, expansion is crucial to lower costs and expand sales. I don't think anyone would be sad if the figures went down to a $200 tag. These figures, over all, are upsized Hasbro figures and I am happy with that. Premium premium with rooted hair is ok too, the segment has proven to exist in 1:6.

I want the market to grow bigger, more collectors' = more joy. That's my position at least.

As far as the Dewback it seems they must have an external company who deals with production of the larger beasts and vehicles. I guess they've been pretty much on time. Seemed pretty quick that those BARC speeders etc were turned around.
This. Must be so, all their larger stuff has a scheduled delivery between 12 - 18 months, much better than their figures. Hope they'll get closer to a 6 - 9 month window.

Agreed. It is a strange practice, indeed. The current output is extending the release window further, I think they need to launch fewer figures to get their current production on pace. Furthermore investments in larger facilities is needed, expansion is crucial to lower costs and expand sales. I don't think anyone would be sad if the figures went down to a $200 tag. These figures, over all, are upsized Hasbro figures and I am happy with that. Premium premium with rooted hair is ok too, the segment has proven to exist in 1:6.

I want the market to grow bigger, more collectors' = more joy. That's my position at least.

This. Must be so, all their larger stuff has a scheduled delivery between 12 - 18 months, much better than their figures. Hope they'll get closer to a 6 - 9 month window.
I guess looking at it from a different angle. At least for the near future Disney, Marvel, Star Wars and WB/DC have nothing noteworthy coming up. so with a bit of luck HT will use this time to catch up.

Or at minimum come back to some figures which have been missed or skipped over the years.

But knowing how HT thinks they will do re-releases or artistic figures no one asked for to continue clogging up their production.

Last edited:
This is a bit off topic - I preordered the HT dewback because that is 1 of 2 my favorite animals in all of Star Wars universe. My question is - since the dewback is out what are the chances hot toys makes an epic tauntaun? I have the sideshow which I think is epic. But wondering if HT will ever update it like the did with the dewback

Back