Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better question: Why do you people CARE to find these things??? I've never seen such absurdity in collecting.
The level of expectation for perfection has just gotten ridiculous. These are handmade items, and they are made of cloth. The material they chose is almost a velvet like material that has all kinds of imperfections, the way real cloth does, because that's what it is. The fact that now someone is taking pictures and altering the color JUST to see imperfections, I just can't believe that. Quick, check what it looks like in the another spectrum that you'll never see! I bet you can see even more when you look at a negative version of the image. :slap Yes, they are $200 figures, but they aren't magically created looking exactly like they stepped out of the film. They are made by hand. If there is a series of tiny dark spots the size of a pin head, then use some water to get them out. They are small enough that water will dissipate the mark into the surrounding cloth. The so called "stain" from the knee is just the material pressed flat and going the wrong direction. I can't believe people were returning them at first without even touching them to see what could be done. I haven't received mine yet, but I'll deal with whatever shows up. This increasing level of obsessive analyzation needs to stop. How do some of you guys even enjoy any of these if you are scrutinizing cloth material to this level?

If your's arrives in perfect shape, help out one of the obsessive collectors by trading your unmarked Royal Guard with his stained one. Both of you will benefit in the end.

The twins arrived today.

Wife is out tonight. Looks like me and my son are spot inspecting, ironing, steaming, futzing and posing.

Meanwhile there is two weeks of laundry in hamper and a full suitcase from my return from business trip on Saturday.

Hope the kid isn’t hungry for dinner tonight.

Priorities!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotfl

It´s something like this?

Can you take a picture with the real colors?

Its difficult to take the pic with the phone.. this is the best I can do with my phone. Its more easier to see the black dots in person than getting a pic of it on the phone. I am satisfied with my guard and won't be returning it. Besides I bought it at a toyshow. Not looking for an arquement in here... just asking other collectors if they see these black dots. Its a very nice figure to have. The red color really pops out.

r2.jpg

Its difficult to take the pic with the phone.. this is the best I can do with my phone. Its more easier to see the black dots in person than getting a pic of it on the phone. I am satisfied with my guard and won't be returning it. Besides I bought it at a toyshow. Not looking for an arquement in here... just asking other collectors if they see these black dots. Its a very nice figure to have. The red color really pops out.

View attachment 428070

I see them. Looks like glue spots. Frustrating.

Or oil spots? Sometimes when I open up 3rd and 4th party transformers packed into their boxes using clear styrene clamshells like Hot Toys use, there is an oily residue on the styrene that would stain any fabric it touches. Perhaps HT didn't instruct the factory to wash and wipe down the packaging before putting in the figures?

Well we went 1 for 2 tonight. Can you guess which one is the “Monica” and which one stayed home and studied?

Shout out to BBTS for fast, cost effective and well executed shipping and handling.

0852594b700279afa929be09c8634d3b.jpg
303a61ee9f2e6f3a3ea8c9294f1940ae.jpg
254fd2fa7df25ec7e2d1708a4b34fb9e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While undecided on what version of the Emperor i should go for i snapped a few shots of the guards with Sideshow versions of Vader, Emperor and Piett.

View attachment 427755

This is hilarious! Looks like Palpatine's team is about to lose the game.
There's a great companion piece 1/6th scale flatscreen tv and remote on eBay at the moment...

This is hilarious! Looks like Palpatine's team is about to lose the game.
There's a great companion piece 1/6th scale flatscreen tv and remote on eBay at the moment...

That wasn't the intent but now you mention it, it does look like he's watching TV with a few of his minions :wink1:

Just picked up my first Royal Guard off of eBay with today's coupon. Cheaper than SSC or BBTS! Now need to find a second one, and the Emperor.

For those who are ironing to "remove spots":

Is it affecting the drape?
Does it flatten the pil of the fabric (are you ironing the top side or the reverse)?

Does it flatten the pil of the fabric (are you ironing the top side or the reverse)?

Iron on the reverse with something white cotton over the top making sure you completely cover the robe and avoid the bit that sits on his chest where the folds in the fabric are and the bit on the shoulder.
It will drape a lot nicer afterwards and no it doesn’t affect the pile of the fabric.

Yeah , there are some pleats that start from the shoulder and I tried to keep those folded. But I lost one so might try to re-introduce it. But really the spots are from the knees down so most of the ironing doesn’t need to go above that. And the drape didn’t seem affected on mine.

Dang it! Where is this eBay coupon everyone’s talking about? Mine seems to have been lost in the outer rim...

Hey friend. Ebay constantly offers coupons like 10 percent ebay bucks or anywhere from 8-15% off anything over 25.00.

p.s. Use the app! (as they sometime will send you a surprise code to your inbox.) I have afforded a lot of my vintage Pink Floyd vinyl collection that way.

I had a chance to properly inspect my two guards and gave the capes a bit of an ironing. This is a simple figure, but the details are really outstanding. From the drape of the cape to the drape color matching exactly to the helmet (and the purple costume underneath matching the hands), these figures have loads of presence. Super excited to own these!

Back