Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always two there are, no more, no less..........
View attachment 431585

Nice Barryo. I noticed on mine the hole cut in the red cloak for the head is way off centre. Makes it really difficult to get it positioned to see all three of those pre-creased loops under the mask. Did you futz with yours a lot to get it looking like that.

One of the more frustrating figures to get right imo. But maybe it's just mine ??

Yeah my guy said mid November. I've two on order with him and my Emperor is arriving from Hong Kong around the same time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My Emperor is due in Feb/March as my supplier gets them 3 months after Sideshow.

Due to the simultaneous release of the Royal Guard in Asia and the USA, he is coming soon :)

always two hundred plus they are, or more, never less....:lol

Looking good. They are a really sharp figure.
:lol.............:hi5:
Nice Barryo. I noticed on mine the hole cut in the red cloak for the head is way off centre. Makes it really difficult to get it positioned to see all three of those pre-creased loops under the mask. Did you futz with yours a lot to get it looking like that.

One of the more frustrating figures to get right imo. But maybe it's just mine ??
strait out of the box, didn't really do anything to them other than minimal futzing. I'm really much more impressed with them than I thought I would be.
I guess I got lucky with these two. no tears, spots, or any sort of blemish I can tell.

I just recently picked up my Guard and checked, mine does have a very tiny dot on the front of the cloak, it appears to me to be a measurement mark made by the sewer for sewing the cloak together. It's very small and not easily noticed though. I know others have posted the same, has anyone had any luck removing the dot so far?

I just recently picked up my Guard and checked, mine does have a very tiny dot on the front of the cloak, it appears to me to be a measurement mark made by the sewer for sewing the cloak together. It's very small and not easily noticed though. I know others have posted the same, has anyone had any luck removing the dot so far?

Yep, just go back 5 pages or so. Ironing with T-shirt protective layer between removed mine no problem.

Check Chalors very detailed explanation post.

Yep, just go back 5 pages or so. Ironing with T-shirt protective layer between removed mine no problem.

Check Chalors very detailed explanation post.

Thanks for the help! :duff
I thought the answers might be here but I didn't want to spend so much time diving into the thread.
I checked and your post #1603 with quotes summarized it well, so I'll be referencing it in the future.

Thanks for the help! :duff
I thought the answers might be here but I didn't want to spend so much time diving into the thread.
I checked and your post #1603 with quotes summarized it well, so I'll be referencing it in the future.

No problem. It worked for me. In the end it's just crushed material which seems to reorientate itself when ironed or perhaps just with some water.

Better question: Why do you people CARE to find these things??? I've never seen such absurdity in collecting.
The level of expectation for perfection has just gotten ridiculous. These are handmade items, and they are made of cloth. The material they chose is almost a velvet like material that has all kinds of imperfections, the way real cloth does, because that's what it is. The fact that now someone is taking pictures and altering the color JUST to see imperfections, I just can't believe that. Quick, check what it looks like in the another spectrum that you'll never see! I bet you can see even more when you look at a negative version of the image. :slap Yes, they are $200 figures, but they aren't magically created looking exactly like they stepped out of the film. They are made by hand. If there is a series of tiny dark spots the size of a pin head, then use some water to get them out. They are small enough that water will dissipate the mark into the surrounding cloth. The so called "stain" from the knee is just the material pressed flat and going the wrong direction. I can't believe people were returning them at first without even touching them to see what could be done. I haven't received mine yet, but I'll deal with whatever shows up. This increasing level of obsessive analyzation needs to stop. How do some of you guys even enjoy any of these if you are scrutinizing cloth material to this level?

I agree 100%. Unless it’s some glaring defect, it totally ruins the fun of these toys by trying to find every possible inconsistency or slight error as soon as you open the box. Relax. Breath. Enjoy the toy.

i have a small white spot near the knee of second guard but it realy does not matter much to me though...

Oh goody - I'll go get in their "website queue" then.:slap:lol

Haha yeah. I do a lot of web-surfing and their site is the ONLY one with that sort of queue setup. Strange.

They must get a heap of impatient people deciding to go elsewhere while waiting in the queue. Get a better server or website provider.....

I had one paid off about a month ago with PC, so it was nice to get a “shipped” email on the day they also emailed to say ROTJ Luke has been pushed back till end of December. Swings and roundabouts, I suppose. This wacky hobby.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Popcultcha just got these instock.$299AUD!!

Thanks for the heads up! I was on their wait list and received an email this morning saying they had some stock available. Just ordered a 2nd one. Less than 10 available after I ordered mine so they probably won't last long.

Back