Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts up a TA...go!!

Yeah, TA is great. I have managed to now put together three Royal Guards for $450 shipped total - about $150 each shipped - mostly via TA. I did buy a complete one for around $200 shipped using some points.

For the other two I'm using parts bin bodies, though only one of my "simplified" guards has the HT boots because you can't really see them. But they have inner robe/sash and correct Guard hands.

These guards are a great one to assemble via parts - at their core they are really just a helmet, outer cape and pole, and you can add whatever you think is necessary (inner robe/sash, correct hands, boots etc.)

Everytime I see pics of this guy I want one, but then i think how can you have just one?

So far I've managed to keep talking myself out of wanting one. Especially since I think I'm also passing on the Emperor. Without him not sure what I'd do with this guy. Although 2 flanking a Vader would still be pretty cool. See, again, I'd need 2.... :(

Everytime I see pics of this guy I want one, but then i think how can you have just one?

So far I've managed to keep talking myself out of wanting one. Especially since I think I'm also passing on the Emperor. Without him not sure what I'd do with this guy. Although 2 flanking a Vader would still be pretty cool. See, again, I'd need 2.... :(

I’m just glad you have a safe place where you can talk about this![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m just glad you have a safe place where you can talk about this![emoji4]

:lol

That'd be a great career... A psychologist/therapist/counselor specializing in collector/hobbyist disorders.. That way we have a real person to talk to rather than being shunned by our friends/significant others/relatives who don't understand our odd passion.... :(

:lol

That'd be a great career... A psychologist/therapist/counselor specializing in collector/hobbyist disorders.. That way we have a real person to talk to rather than being shunned by our friends/significant others/relatives who don't understand our odd passion.... :(

True! There’s been many times when I’ve voiced my frustration about a delayed release or indecision about how to display something that’s been met with blank stares. They don’t know my pain!

I picked up a robe and helmet. Gonna try and make a generic prop figure to stand behind my Palps.

Argh. Australia Post delivered it somewhere in my work building but not at our reception. It’s been signed for by somebody....sickly feeling I won’t ever see it.[emoji853]

Argh. Australia Post delivered it somewhere in my work building but not at our reception. It’s been signed for by somebody....sickly feeling I won’t ever see it.[emoji853]

They keep a copy of the signature on the little hand scanner. If you can prove it's not your signature, the carrier has to cover it because they delivered it to someone other than the named recipient.

I've had this happen (turned out the carrier signed it himself - in my name - so he could just dump the box.)

They keep a copy of the signature on the little hand scanner. If you can prove it's not your signature, the carrier has to cover it because they delivered it to someone other than the named recipient.

I've had this happen (turned out the carrier signed it himself - in my name - so he could just dump the box.)

Good to know. Wow, that’s dodgy of the carrier! Can you remember what the turnaround time is? I guess I’m worried that it will take weeks and it will sell out. I’m trying to keep positive![emoji51]Thanks for the info.

Mine arrived from PopCultcha today.

Spot free and minimal wrinkles...just waiting on Palpatine now.

Yay! AusPost found my parcel and was delivered today. Purchased from PopCultcha-spot free and freakin’ awesome.
15fda7a42be27ef84945dfe13ecd4db0.jpg

Yeah mine was spot-free too (but I could see a slight "pinch" in that exact area where a white mark might have formed.)

I'm 3 for 3 with no spot.:yess:

Back