Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up! I was on their wait list and received an email this morning saying they had some stock available. Just ordered a 2nd one. Less than 10 available after I ordered mine so they probably won't last long.

yeah no probs!
SSC wouldn't let me order due to Region we are in and the cutoff.
Was hanging on ebay and voila..ERG was up on POP last night.
Too good a price.

Congrats to everyone picking this (these!) up. Hopefully mine arrives from PC before the weekend. I have another on order from a different local seller, so we’ll see how soon that arrives. Really looking forward to the Emperor now. Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha yeah. I do a lot of web-surfing and their site is the ONLY one with that sort of queue setup. Strange.

They must get a heap of impatient people deciding to go elsewhere while waiting in the queue. Get a better server or website provider.....
It is set up for Funko Pop Comicon convention exclusives. They have a stupid amount of people who converge on the site during release and you end up stuck in a queue for 5 plus hours just to get onto the site to buy anything. Their servers just can't handle the traffic and the queue is the only thing stopping them from crashing. For some stupid reason the queue is still loading, even when it is not in effect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up! I was on their wait list and received an email this morning saying they had some stock available. Just ordered a 2nd one. Less than 10 available after I ordered mine so they probably won't last long.
I bought 2, only 6 remaining now.

Really happy they had some left over, they sold out before I realised. Now I will have the Emperor with his 2 guards and Vader with his 2 Stormtroopers.

$300 was a decent price each considering we're paying $380 for regular HT figures these days.

Very glad to have picked up one of these from PopCultcha. I was always intending on picking up a second but thought that ship had sailed when PopCultcha pre sold out.
I paid through the nose on Sideshow for my first so getting a second for under $300AU was a nice bonus. Even better since I had a few pennies to spend.

They certainly are getting through them...

...wonder how many were people picking up a second...

I picked up a third.:monkey3 Had some pennies to spend.

And for the record, I HATE that weird "waiting in queue" thing on the PC site. What the **** is that? Never seen it before in all my internet commerce travels.

I've only ever had to wait thirty seconds or so before getting into the site but it certainly is a weird thing...I've never seen it anywhere else either.

I posted several posts back about the queue. I've been stuck in it for 7 hours during SDCC for Funko Pops. That's why the queue is there, but it shouldn't be on now.

So... why does no other commerce website on the planet have to use this "queue"?

Are they now using website architecture from 1996 to save a few $$?:dunno

So... why does no other commerce website on the planet have to use this "queue"?

Are they now using website architecture from 1996 to save a few $$?:dunno

Perhaps Sideshow could have benefited from using it in the days of inclusive editions?

It's pretty commonplace for events websites to have this kind of system.

In the UK, all theatres, stadiums etc, have something similar.

If you think the one minute wait is scary.....

When buying tickets to Fleetwood Mac last week I was told I was 5674 in the queue!

They use the queue because otherwise the site just crashes. They had a couple of years there where it just couldn't handle the load, even after server upgrades. It is just a single store, not a huge multinational company.
Unfortunately it gets every man and their dog from across Europe clogging up the webpage on con days because they seem to not have any decent retailers themselves. Even with North America restricted from buying Funko exclusives they find ways around it and clog up the site.

Perhaps Sideshow could have benefited from using it in the days of inclusive editions?

It's pretty commonplace for events websites to have this kind of system.

In the UK, all theatres, stadiums etc, have something similar.

If you think the one minute wait is scary.....

When buying tickets to Fleetwood Mac last week I was told I was 5674 in the queue!

I'm not sure thousands (or for really hot acts tens of thousands) converging on a ticketmaster type site as a new act's tickets go up for sale is comparable. Wembley stadium has a capacity of 90,000.

I don't think Funko exclusives and Adele/Bieber are quite at the same level.:lol

They use the queue because otherwise the site just crashes. They had a couple of years there where it just couldn't handle the load, even after server upgrades. It is just a single store, not a huge multinational company.
Unfortunately it gets every man and their dog from across Europe clogging up the webpage on con days because they seem to not have any decent retailers themselves. Even with North America restricted from buying Funko exclusives they find ways around it and clog up the site.

Sounds like they need Nick Burns, Computer Guy.

c9cd8fc5c93820ba2d56c856d3b4ad97.jpg

I bought 2, only 6 remaining now.

Really happy they had some left over, they sold out before I realised. Now I will have the Emperor with his 2 guards and Vader with his 2 Stormtroopers.

$300 was a decent price each considering we're paying $380 for regular HT figures these days.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back