Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 years from now everyone will be inserted into the Matrix and will be collecting and playing with virtual dolls.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At one time I wanted the Flametrooper but was holding out until it reached $130... now I'm thinking $70 or keep your stock for another 3 years.

Its a great time to be a TFA fan. :lol

Watch all this crap be worth a bloody fortune 30 years from now when all the 8 year olds are nearing 40 and have expendable cash for their old favorite movie.

Yeah the target for the Flametrooper is $100 for me. But I’d still hesitate cause I’m not sure it’s worth making space for. It does represent the best part of the whole ST — opening 5 minutes of the first installment. All downhill from there. :lol

30 years from now everyone will be inserted into the Matrix and will be collecting and playing with virtual dolls.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my definition of virtual dolls and your definition might be different. LOL

PO one, get one cheaper later. Let's be real, they are cool only for us oldtimers and nerds. They will stick around for quite a while, but not tfa long of course :)

The demand for those guards is much bigger than you expected, not just for oldtimers but for us younger SW generation too :)... dont want to take risk getting second one over retail price so I have PO'ed 2 guards.

At one time I wanted the Flametrooper but was holding out until it reached $130... now I'm thinking $70 or keep your stock for another 3 years.

Its a great time to be a TFA fan. :lol

Watch all this crap be worth a bloody fortune 30 years from now when all the 8 year olds are nearing 40 and have expendable cash for their old favorite movie.

Not mine this just showed up on Facebook. Now i'm confused how anyplace still has any TFA stuff in stock if this guy is out there :lol

I wonder if it’s ever dawned on that person that they have a lot of duplicates of the same character.....

Seriously wonder if they live near me. Sometimes in the gym parking lot, I see a Hummer decked out with Stormtrooper stickers.

I'd never go that deep, even if I had the money to burn, but I love a collection that knows what it wants to be and goes all in like that, and personally I think it looks great on display. Although being a sequel trilogy only collection, I really hope that The Last Jedi didn't taint their enthusiasm in the same way that it did for many folks...

Bejeebus what do you do for a living!!����

Sent from a point in space and time

Not saying that collection isn't impressive, but you can get all those figure super cheap, there is (obviously almost) no demand for them at all.

I know each collection is personal and a desire to own a particular figure can be down to several reasons, but I'm just not sure how I feel about something like that. It's great the the owner of those figures is in that deep with the ST but having that many of them becomes a blur to me. There's nothing to focus on. I'm not even sure I'd like that many OT Stormtroopers and I think they're one of the greatest pieces of pop culture design ever produced.

I'm also happy he can pick them up for as little as he can. If he sticks at it he will eventually own all of them. In fact any store that has stock warming a shelf for more than 5 years should just pack them up and send them to him. :horror

Not saying that collection isn't impressive, but you can get all those figure super cheap, there is (obviously almost) no demand for them at all.

Once they are sold out everywhere I can see the prices going back up.

Once they are sold out everywhere I can see the prices going back up.

Never gonna happen. Just because almost nobody wants them (sequel trilogy is super unpopular) and HT made tons of them. And what's more important - they are rotting at warehouses even now, three years after TFA release. And i bet it will take another three for them to sold out.

Back