Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus considering the official release goes for an insane amount now days in the aftermarket. Pretty regularly goes for over $400 which is ridiculous for a character like this.

I can deal with a knockoff for a character like this who’s only going to be in a simple standing pose on one side of Palpatine’s throne.

Last edited:
Eh, I bet the average buyer on eBay will never even know this kit exists.
That's what I'm banking on! Both mine are up for sale along with The Emperor. I'm replacing them all with the KO outift kits! I've enjoyed the officals long enough. Now more money is required to sink into upcoming InArt projects.

I’ve ordered one. Can’t justify hot toys price for a figure that as you say will sit still

20200921_165545.jpg

Well, I took a punt and ordered two. If the helmet and outer robe come out even halfway decent, then this will be a bargain.

I’ve taken the same gamble and sold off my two Hot Toys Imperial Guards for a tidy £620 after shipping and fees.

Even if these aren’t as well made as HT’s, I’m still gonna be happy for the savings.

I noticed that no body was recommended on Kit’s listing and, seeing as the set comes with a specially designed torso, this may require a very specific body to be compatible.

Would be nice if Kit can reach out and ask if the company has a recommendation.

I was wondering exactly the same on the body. Usually, they supply that information but couldn't find it anywhere on osk.

I sold my guard a year or so back and regretted it, but he was mostly just a robe and helmet and I suspect that this will do the job fine.

Kept emperor and throne, he's one of my favourite Star Wars characters, but I'd love to have two guards flanking him.

Back