1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be aware that the sideshow bodies can be really bad, I have around fifteen SSC clones, officers and snowtroopers and about half couldn't stand under their own weight and some couldn't even hold their arms up in poses out of the box. Other people have had no problems, we've had a lot of arguments about it here. So it might be down to luck if you need to tinker with it and/or change out the body.

My problem troopers include the deluxe clones and Echo and Fives (not the ARC versions) so it is not a problem that was solved years before.

With this said I have about fifteen of them so they can't be that bad after all. Lots of hands and guns, the armor is cool. No problems there.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of firsthand advice I was looking for. I think I'll definitely pick up Wolfe, a Wolfpack trooper, and p2 Rex when I can and just be patient with everyone else.

Has there ever been a tutorial posted on how to remove the clone chest armor without damaging it so a body swap can be done?

Has there ever been a tutorial posted on how to remove the clone chest armor without damaging it so a body swap can be done?

Ive removed the chest armor. Since I do quite a bit of customs. Best thing to do is to take a sharp exacto knife and run it along the seam of the chest. I also use a super glue solvent that helps to break the glue. The thing to pay attention to is that the chest seams have a lip, or "L" shape, so you want to score and not cut through the seam. I can send you photos if you need to see, I just did one last week.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of firsthand advice I was looking for. I think I'll definitely pick up Wolfe, a Wolfpack trooper, and p2 Rex when I can and just be patient with everyone else.

That is probably the best idea. P2 Rex is by far their best figure.

ARC Troopers Fives and Echo are good figures but do have a few of the problems their older figures have.

Ive removed the chest armor. Since I do quite a bit of customs. Best thing to do is to take a sharp exacto knife and run it along the seam of the chest. I also use a super glue solvent that helps to break the glue. The thing to pay attention to is that the chest seams have a lip, or "L" shape, so you want to score and not cut through the seam. I can send you photos if you need to see, I just did one last week.

Thanks! I went to remove it the other day and stopped because I wasn’t sure how it was assembled. Didn’t want to snap those little tabs on the side. Good to know it has an overlap joint.

If you come across a good deal for any HT hasn’t announced yet I’d pick it up. I wouldn’t pay top dollar though. I found a deal on the 501st and Gree and don’t regret it one bit.

View attachment 429599
View attachment 429600

Damn Coco, I sold my Gree MIB about 6 months ago; this stand you made makes me wish I didn't! Very nice work as always! Since prequel Yoda is up now, and Cody has been previewed, hopefully HT Gree isn't too far behind...

Wolffe is one of my favourite Commanders. He stands out in my display for sure.

Idk if im a little late but didnt hot toys cancel the commander Cody? I dont see it in the coming soon section anymore...... Anyone have info? Im definitely getting that jango fett!

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

Neither officially cancelled or confirmed. Hot Toys barely showed a prototype at a few events this summer. Nothing is guaranteed until a prototype is getting to Pre-order. There is already a couple dozen HT prototypes that vanished into thin air in the last few years for the Star Wars licence only.

Neither officially cancelled or confirmed. Hot Toys barely showed a prototype at a few events this summer. Nothing is guaranteed until a prototype is getting to Pre-order. There is already a couple dozen HT prototypes that vanished into thin air in the last few years for the Star Wars licence only.

Thin air = Howard’s Collection

Sometime he doesn’t like to share his toys :(

Damn Coco, I sold my Gree MIB about 6 months ago; this stand you made makes me wish I didn't! Very nice work as always! Since prequel Yoda is up now, and Cody has been previewed, hopefully HT Gree isn't too far behind...

Thanks! SS Gree is great. I never did get him the first go round. I can definitely see HT making him and a couple other prominent clones.

Star Wars stuff is probably put on ice until the conclusion of Infinity War. After that who knows if figures like this one get produced...

I think 2018 ' s SDCC HT display is going to end up being remembered as the one with the biggest display of figures that never get produced.

I think 2018 ' s SDCC HT display is going to end up being remembered as the one with the biggest display of figures that never get produced.

I feel like most troopers sell pretty well, when it comes to Cody and the Airborne Trooper they showed, it is just a matter of when and not if.

Where is this figure and Jango? There is no way these characters are joining Baze, Tank Commander, Deathstar Trooper, etc. in Hot Toys prototype oblivion.

Back