1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far Darth Maul and V2 R2-D2 were among the SW prototypes shown at SDCC2018 that been released so far... lets wait 'till the end of this year to see how many
still survive....

Im still hoping for 2 pack Cody/Airborn trooper and Jango though...

I think Hot Toys sales with all the current trilogy Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers and such were not what they had hoped. This is why they are UNSURE about releasing Clone figures I assume because nobody gave a toss for the Stormtrooper figures and all the other variants from the new trilogy and the Spin off movies.

Bigbadtoystore.com has the First Order Snowtroopers two pack for $390 and they give you $225 STORE CREDIT!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 1.02.09 AM.jpg

In fact, type in search on BBTS.com for Store Credit, there are FIFTY Hot Toys that have $100 or more store credit, about a Dozen of these are the current trilogy Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers and pilots. The new trilogy figures just don't sell like the original trilogy or Prequels. Here is the Tie Pilot for $199 with $100 store credit, so you get it for basically 100 bucks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 1.06.54 AM.jpg

Last edited:
The stupid thing is Hot Toys is trying to focus on movie versions of the Clones with Cody and the Airborne prototypes, yet Hot Toys LOVES to do 100 Iron Man variants. Why they don't want to focus on the Clone Wars tv show Clone figures and basically use the same molds to pump out 40 variants is something I think they are clueless about.

I'm not a big fan of Sideshows figures, but the last handful of Clone figures they did were absolutely outstanding. The Wolfpack (I think these sold for $140 when they came out, but to bring out a figure like this now would be at least $240 if you compare it to the ROTJ Scout Trooper v2 release that just came out for $210) , the Arc Troopers of Echo and Fives (both of which sell for upwards of $500-700 each consistently on Ebay)... yet Hot Toys Force Awakens figures are all in the bargain bins....

Hot Toys, you guys have to understand the Clone figures from the Prequels. I, Myself, HATE the prequels like many fans. The clones and their storyline were the best part of those movies and I loved the Clone Wars tv series. I don't Buy Prequel figures at all. I do however have bought over TWO DOZEN sideshow Clone figures in the past.

2003_4.jpg

100204_press02.jpg

Last edited:
Why even start with Cody and the Airborne figures? Like many collectors have said, they are happy with both the ones Sideshow came out with years ago and for almost half the price the Hot Toys versions will cost.

Why not start with something Sideshow never get around to?

here you go, do these guys first Hot Toys:

clone_phase_ii_armors_by_efrajoey1-dc5izc2 copy.jpg

The stupid thing is Hot Toys is trying to focus on movie versions of the Clones with Cody and the Airborne prototypes, yet Hot Toys LOVES to do 100 Iron Man variants. Why they don't want to focus on the Clone Wars tv show Clone figures and basically use the same molds to pump out 40 variants is something I think they are clueless about.

I'm not a big fan of Sideshows figures, but the last handful of Clone figures they did were absolutely outstanding. The Wolfpack (I think these sold for $140 when they came out, but to bring out a figure like this now would be at least $240 if you compare it to the ROTJ Scout Trooper v2 release that just came out for $210) , the Arc Troopers of Echo and Fives (both of which sell for upwards of $500-700 each consistently on Ebay)... yet Hot Toys Force Awakens figures are all in the bargain bins....

Hot Toys, you guys have to understand the Clone figures from the Prequels. I, Myself, HATE the prequels like many fans. The clones and their storyline were the best part of those movies and I loved the Clone Wars tv series. I don't Buy Prequel figures at all. I do however have bought over TWO DOZEN sideshow Clone figures in the past.

View attachment 433223

View attachment 433224

Echo and Fives, like a lot of the Clone Wars characters, where well developed and fantastically well designed.

The Sequal trilogy stuff isn't.
It has no origin, no gravitas and thus is not desired. Certainly not for 100+ outlay.

All of my sequal trilogy stuff is shunned in my collection. Only Leia and Han get a pass because they are older versions of legends.

And still no one wants them.

Same. No interest. Give me real Stormtroopers and Clones over these losers.

ST has definitely been a huge disappointment when it comes to designs and the feel of the 2 factions. Resistance is as boring as it gets.

I wouldn't want sequel Troopers even if they were free to be honest. The designs are pretty naff. Give us the Clones already!

I see what you're saying, but it's still $199 you have to shell out.
You then have to find something else you want from BBTS that costs $100.
That's not saving $100 on the original item.

The credit gets applied to your next order and it doesn't have to be in stock, it can be a pre-order. So it's not exactly the same, but if you collect this kind of stuff at all it does end up the same.

The credit gets applied to your next order and it doesn't have to be in stock, it can be a pre-order. So it's not exactly the same, but if you collect this kind of stuff at all it does end up the same.

I have only ordered from them once. The import charges were so high it nearly doubled the cost of the items in question(Not their fault of course, but i can't have that kind of cost on every item i buy), so i can't order from BBTS anyway.

Same. No interest. Give me real Stormtroopers and Clones over these losers.

ST has definitely been a huge disappointment when it comes to designs and the feel of the 2 factions. Resistance is as boring as it gets.
Even the arch PT hater Simon Pegg has had an epiphany after watching TLJ and now says the ST films miss George Lucas's creativity.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Even the arch PT hater Simon Pegg has had an epiphany after watching TLJ and now says the ST films miss George Lucas's creativity.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

l feel like he was starting to slowly come over after voicing Dengar in TCW, he seemed to love the series.

Now he has gone full dark side...honestly can you blame him?

To me the biggest problem with the new trilogy are the designs. Like the Apple stormtroopers... everything is just a little bigger, cleaner and over or under designed. (Other than that I’m fine with the new movies).
Rogue One had some good designs because it connected directly to OT.
...that said. I always found the clone troopers over designed. Never really liked the helmets especially.

To me the biggest problem with the new trilogy are the designs. Like the Apple stormtroopers... everything is just a little bigger, cleaner and over or under designed. (Other than that I’m fine with the new movies).
Rogue One had some good designs because it connected directly to OT.
...that said. I always found the clone troopers over designed. Never really liked the helmets especially.

The biggest problem is the terrible writing.

Can you guys see the similarities between Jango Fett and Commander Cody ? They both have Morrisons scuplt shown in the films.... clearly they're not just pick random characters to tease us.

I strongly belive this is Hot Toys intention/business tactic to work on the human scuplt for the clones first so they could release them simultaneously later.

Well I least I think so.....really hope to see Jango & Cody up for PO before end of 2018.

That is an excellent point.

I can see Hot Toys releasing all of their clones with the same Morrison sculpt but with perhaps subtle variations in expressions. (stern, yelling, cocky grin, etc...)

On display, they would look pretty cool. All the same, yet different. (if not wearing their helmets.)

Can you guys see the similarities between Jango Fett and Commander Cody ? They both have Morrisons scuplt shown in the films.... clearly they're not just pick random characters to tease us.

I strongly belive this is Hot Toys intention/business tactic to work on the human scuplt for the clones first so they could release them simultaneously later.

Well I least I think so.....really hope to see Jango & Cody up for PO before end of 2018.

It's cheaper to make them without head sculpts so I think that's what hot toys will do.

Back