1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Yeah, it's odd these two troops get skipped every time. Hasbro at least got them out in 2006, a year after their commanders were released. Both Sideshow and Hasbro's Black Series released Commander Gree.

I noticed this isn't in their upcoming releases section anymore even though it was before.... is that a bad sign? Also, while I have 4 sideshow/hot toys figures, I'm not really familiar with them as a business... is it actually likely they'll start making tcw clones, and is this Hot Toys' first clone trooper ever? I REALLLY hope they do! I assume if nothing else, they'll at least also make Bly. I have the SSC Cody and really looking at it next to the picture of this Hot Toys one, they really aren't comparable. I was naively hoping he'd be a little less mac n cheese orange and little more goldenrod but I'm not sure it's gonna turn out that way.

In the words of darth vader, NOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!

The 212th airborne trooper is still in the coming soon area.. I can't imagine they would release that but not Cody.

That would seriously blow. I’m in for all clone Troopers, Hot Toys. And I know I’m not alone. It’d be like printing money.

If they started making the Torrent Company guys including the ones that Sideshow hasn't gotten around to, I would definitely be all in on that...

That would seriously blow. I’m in for all clone Troopers, Hot Toys. And I know I’m not alone. It’d be like printing money.
I'm right there with you. As sad as it is to admit I'd probably buy close to if not every clonetrooper they decided to make, regardless of phase.

I hope Cody up for PO soon, especially the Airborn trooper included as 2 pack troopers...anh that would be nice!

Have some patience. It will be announced soon enough. Comic con was only a few weeks ago..

“if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did — you will become an agent of evil”. – Yoda

Im actually kinda surprised they didn't come out the gate with a 501st trooper. One of the more iconic shots in the prequels and would pair well with Anakin. Regardless, im definitely in for a Cody.

This. Gonna need at least 4 501st Clones for the obligatory Jedi Temple steps pose with Anakin...

I'm thinking of buying into Clone Troopers/ Commanders but I'm unsure if looking for good deals on the ones SSC released is better than staying put and hoping that HT comes out with their own comprehensive line.

Considering that I don't have anything yet, I'm definitely getting this Cody when it comes out. But I'm also interested in Captain Rex, Commander Wolfe, and Commander Fox. I can definitely wait on the other troopers but those 3 in particular I feel like I need to have in my collection. Should I hope that HT releases their own versions of those figures or are the SSC versions good enough?

I'm thinking of buying into Clone Troopers/ Commanders but I'm unsure if looking for good deals on the ones SSC released is better than staying put and hoping that HT comes out with their own comprehensive line.

Considering that I don't have anything yet, I'm definitely getting this Cody when it comes out. But I'm also interested in Captain Rex, Commander Wolfe, and Commander Fox. I can definitely wait on the other troopers but those 3 in particular I feel like I need to have in my collection. Should I hope that HT releases their own versions of those figures or are the SSC versions good enough?

If you come across a good deal for any HT hasn’t announced yet I’d pick it up. I wouldn’t pay top dollar though. I found a deal on the 501st and Gree and don’t regret it one bit.

4CF9CE2C-97CD-4F5D-BD22-D8D6631B5CA3.jpeg
AC10451F-E7C4-478C-82BC-264F90BEF9D9.jpeg

Yeah, I found a local seller that's letting some of his collection go for just a slight mark-up (compared to what I usually see online) from their original price, so I might pull the trigger on some of his commanders that I like.

I can definitely be patient on the more generic/ non-descript troopers.

EDIT: And actually part of the reason I'm posting here is to gauge how happy SSC clone trooper owners are with their figures. Like I saw a few pages back that the earlier figures had some issues that they more or less ironed out by the time it got to Rex and Wolfe.

Back