1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been waiting a long time for Mudtrooper too.

Its pretty pathetic to have a bear a two-year wait period and still get bumped for other things. I just don't see how anyone POs anymore.

Ahh yes. The Mud Trooper. The one figure I?m considering getting from Han Solo. The more troopers the better.

Been waiting a long time for Mudtrooper too.

Its pretty pathetic to have a bear a two-year wait period and still get bumped for other things. I just don't see how anyone POs anymore.

I haven't PO'd anything in forever. I also don't understand why people do it. The waits are insane, they shouldn't even be showing a figure until it's 6mo from production. Add the ridiculous con previews months and years before PO's and it's all a colossal frustration not worth thinking about.

Same, I haven't PO'ed any new Hot Toys figures for quite a while. R2-D2, Krennic, Cody and Quigon are my currently paid list from 2018-2019.

Probably going for a brief hiatus after my SW backlog is cleared.

I haven't PO'd anything in forever. I also don't understand why people do it. The waits are insane, they shouldn't even be showing a figure until it's 6mo from production. Add the ridiculous con previews months and years before PO's and it's all a colossal frustration not worth thinking about.

Yeah, now that I think about it this hobby kind of sucks. I will probably keep buying this crap though.

Patience. Good things come to those who - wait a second, pay now and wait a whole friggin year before I get the figure??? I should be charging them interest!!!

still, I wish they would make one of that alien from the water planet, Tiramisu or whatever her name is.

Pre-orders are a business decision/necessity.

For a company the scale of Hot Toys, which does nowhere near the amount of sales as a standard retail toy company, they most likely have a lot less room to play around with their margins.

They sell less overall numbers and probably have a smaller profit margin percentage on each figure sold. Pre orders allow them to get a rough idea of how many figures to actually produce. If they blindly overproduce a ~$250 figure that doesn't sell as well as they hope, it could really hurt them financially.

The long lead times most likely have to do with the planning of their production. This isn't Hasbro or Mattel, who can create molds and mass produce dozens of individual toys lines simultaneously. At most, Hot Toys can probably only produce two or three figures at a time.

I assume you get some form of discount to pay now instead of paying right before it ships? I used to do that for 3% discount but I no longer do as the time between PO and release will void my Paypal protection.

For a company the scale of Hot Toys, which does nowhere near the amount of sales as a standard retail toy company, they most likely have a lot less room to play around with their margins.

They sell less overall numbers and probably have a smaller profit margin percentage on each figure sold. Pre orders allow them to get a rough idea of how many figures to actually produce. If they blindly overproduce a ~$250 figure that doesn't sell as well as they hope, it could really hurt them financially.

The long lead times most likely have to do with the planning of their production. This isn't Hasbro or Mattel, who can create molds and mass produce dozens of individual toys lines simultaneously. At most, Hot Toys can probably only produce two or three figures at a time.

In addition to this some of us don't live in the States where figures are readily available up until release from Sideshow. If I chose to leave it to the last minute it's a crap shoot if I can even get it for retail or risk paying import duties etc etc.

Pre-order also gives HT an indication of the interest in a line.

You are talking about them like they were some poor province company being constantly fighting for it's existence. Yes, they are operating in much lesser numbers, on the other hand which toy costs $250+? Don't be fooled, they are making insane amount of money. China is a huge market.

Maybe pre-orders will be the way for everything in the future. Stores won’t exist. Pre-order your house, pre-order your car, your clothes, music, films, pre-order your food… Well I guess you really pre-order food anyway, you wouldn’t want to after it was made in case it got all stale and nasty. Imagine pre-ordering television shows. They don’t make it until you vote on it with your wallet. How many people pre-order it will determine its budget. Or if it gets made at all. I wonder how much So called reality TV would be pre-ordered?

I think a lot of people on this board dramatically underestimate how much money it costs to run a company like this, and just how small their profit margins most likely are, in relation to the amount.

Still, the whole pre-order scheme isn’t an option for most companies (collectibles are the exception) that are even smaller, so that definitely gives them an advantage.

Am I missing something, this isn’t even late it says Jan 2020-March 2020. Had it been pushed back from before? I only preordered this a month ago

People are just speculating that it might be pushed back because hot toy seems to be behind on releases. Nobody knows anything yet, so it could release on time.

Ah I see, well hopefully not pushed back too far if it is. I was looking forward to posing a HT Rex with him until it dawned on me that Rex wasn’t actually in the prequel movies. After market prices for the SS Rex are alarming and I don’t know how obvious the quality differences would be side by side with an HT.

Yes, I was hoping that he was coming out sometime after Cody but then I realized he never appeared in the films (unless you count the old Endor rebel soldier from RotJ which is now supposed to be old Rex) so probably zero chance.

SS Rex holds up pretty well, except for the head sculpt. If you use the helmet, he looks great in a display with Hot Toys figures. Nice weathering, detail, etc.

Back