1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be the big question to see if HT crosses over to expanded universe stuff. I have a hard time seeing them do it. Does anyone is Asia watch the cartoons?

It's not EU, Clone Wars is canon. A Rex figure is no different from a Mandalorian figure in that regard. Now whether they extend to non-live action canon is another question.

SS Rex holds up pretty well, except for the head sculpt. If you use the helmet, he looks great in a display with Hot Toys figures. Nice weathering, detail, etc.

Personally I think Rec is one of SS better head sculpts. In fact if it wasn't for the hair seam I'd put it at HT levels.

The thing where I'm unsatisfied is change from proto to production. They should reveal the proto in expos and fair, receive the feedback regarding figure like this part is nice and this part is not. Then they can go preorder with a pre-production figure which will go to production line. Then all change will be the unavoidable change due to mass production. By this way we'll know what we'll get rather than getting a different figure with the statement "change was due to licensor request" etc.
I used to preorder, and after I saw these changes, I quit preordering.

The thing where I'm unsatisfied is change from proto to production. They should reveal the proto in expos and fair, receive the feedback regarding figure like this part is nice and this part is not. Then they can go preorder with a pre-production figure which will go to production line. Then all change will be the unavoidable change due to mass production. By this way we'll know what we'll get rather than getting a different figure with the statement "change was due to licensor request" etc.
I used to preorder, and after I saw these changes, I quit preordering.

This is just the reality of production and working with licenses. What you are wanting is just not feasible.

Pre-orders are a business decision/necessity.

For a company the scale of Hot Toys, which does nowhere near the amount of sales as a standard retail toy company, they most likely have a lot less room to play around with their margins.

They sell less overall numbers and probably have a smaller profit margin percentage on each figure sold. Pre orders allow them to get a rough idea of how many figures to actually produce. If they blindly overproduce a ~$250 figure that doesn't sell as well as they hope, it could really hurt them financially.

The long lead times most likely have to do with the planning of their production. This isn't Hasbro or Mattel, who can create molds and mass produce dozens of individual toys lines simultaneously. At most, Hot Toys can probably only produce two or three figures at a time.

Someone who knows business.

I always preorder as I PO through HK sellers. If you only PO through SS, I see why that's not much of an issue as their POs hardly sell out.

This will be the big question to see if HT crosses over to expanded universe stuff. I have a hard time seeing them do it. Does anyone is Asia watch the cartoons?

It?s not expanded universe. That thing doesn?t exist anymore. It?s solid canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clone Wars, Rebels & Resistance are all hard canon, not expanded universe. HT don't seem to like making figures from Animated shows/movies but Rex would be easy to translate the head sculpt, it's just Cody with a blonde buzz cut.

I'm not convinced HT will make any clone troopers besides Cody - at least for right now. If Cody sells well, no doubt they'll put some generic troopers up. If those sell well, maybe they'll make a Rex/Echo/Fives/whoever from the series. But that's all contingent on Cody being a hot item.

I still think HT will revisit the PT to eventually make Mace Windu, Darth Sidious, Padme and Jango. It's not like it would be a one more and done. If wave two of PT figures does well, I'd be willing to guess HT might include some more clones in there.

I?m not convinced about this either. In fact I doubt that they will at least for sometime. Perhaps in a decade.

If somebody takes Cody Head sculpt and reworks it to resemble other clones, they could make some money - some collectors will want to swap out SS head sculpts for hot toys.

For the "unhelmeted heads" I could see some folks wanting to upgrade, but for the rest of the commanders (or other clones), I think the Sideshow ones hold up pretty well. Remember, Hot Toys was credited on the box art for assisting with the Sideshow clones.

I've got Cody on order and am looking forward to it. The body on my Sideshow one is not aging well (getting real loose). As for the other commanders, the Sideshow ones will suffuce for the collection. Here's a new shot of Commander Neyo on some snowswept world (outside my house lol)

CLONE COMMANDER NEO.jpg

I think the deco still stands up well. I'd rather see HT produce clones we haven't seen in sixth scale before rather than redoing everything.

For the "unhelmeted heads" I could see some folks wanting to upgrade, but for the rest of the commanders (or other clones), I think the Sideshow ones hold up pretty well. Remember, Hot Toys was credited on the box art for assisting with the Sideshow clones.

I've got Cody on order and am looking forward to it. The body on my Sideshow one is not aging well (getting real loose). As for the other commanders, the Sideshow ones will suffuce for the collection. Here's a new shot of Commander Neyo on some snowswept world (outside my house lol)

View attachment 476097

I think the deco still stands up well. I'd rather see HT produce clones we haven't seen in sixth scale before rather than redoing everything.

Wow I never knew HT helped out any with the clones or any other Sideshow figures.

View attachment 476097

Your pix are always amazing!! I wish mine turned out 1/4 this good!

We haven't seen any action on the picture/video front on this yet and it's a good bet that all of the usual suspects will be hitting us with unboxing and review videos. Than the real wait begins. How many "batches" will he end up with once released? Hopefully the first one is big enough for all who've PO'd early.

Back