Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No exclusive for this. I am tired spending more than 50 for a stupid accessoire I dont need but still cannot pass on. :lol
But if they really want to give us an excl. this would be the way to go:

robocop_2_450.jpg

Just give me a removable helmet, movable fingers and the actual Iron Man standard high tech body construction and I am happy. I want his gun to come out of his leg. Thats everything. Sure I wouldnt mind his flightpack or an interchangeable chestpiece and helmet for battle damage look.

damaged version will be the 2.0 release probably...

No exclusive for this. I am tired spending more than 50 for a stupid accessoire I dont need but still cannot pass on. :lol
But if they really want to give us an excl. this would be the way to go:

robocop_2_450.jpg

Just give me a removable helmet, movable fingers and the actual Iron Man standard high tech body construction and I am happy. I want his gun to come out of his leg. Thats everything. Sure I wouldnt mind his flightpack or an interchangeable chestpiece and helmet for battle damage look.
For the sake of the figure's stability, I really hope they don't persue a "Robocop with fall-apart action!". Hot Toys mentions the Iron Man series as their newfound experience in making robotic characters, but I pray Robocop is nothing like their Iron Man figures. They are the least pleasant Hot Toys figures I've ever owned. They feel so plastic, hollow, light and fragile. And with the battle-damaged versions it just gets worse. If you so much as look at the Mark VI, something will fall off. I avoid reposing him because it's such a pain in the ass, and that's not an experience I want in a $200 figure.

Thankfully, Robocop doesn't have much in the way of flaps and gizmos the way Iron Man does, so that should help his case. I want him to feel more like a solid Predator figure and less like a hollow creaky Iron Man.

:lecture

Agreed! The old Robocop is pretty light though so I suspect a new one will be likewise. Funnily enough the 12" McFarlane is a really hefty mofo.

:lecture

Agreed! The old Robocop is pretty light though so I suspect a new one will be likewise. Funnily enough the 12" McFarlane is a really hefty mofo.
It'd be great if they could find something that actually feels metallic, both in weight and texture. The Hot Toys figures who actually feel like what they look like are the best. Grabbing an Iron Man and feeling a hollow, frail plastic shell is incredibly off putting.

Plastic with metallic coating? Is that something that's possible?

They could always actually go the non cheap route and use diecast pieces, but then Hot Toys would use that as an excuse to charge us more even though Bandai has been shelling out twelve inch and higher diecast robots for half the price for something like forty years now. You can get a twelve inch robot that weighs five pounds for 150. You sure as hell should be able to get a basic humanoid that weighs at least some decent heft for 200 even with likeness fees. It's not like metal is some untouchable substance impossible to obtain.

Now that enterbay has announced a 1/4 Robo, I think I'll be passing on this one.

Iron Man was the first HT I ever bought, once I held him in my hands I knew he wasnt for me...it was like holding a thin pane of glass!
I sold him right away and would have never touched another HT except that I had ordered a Beserker Pred at the same time, now THATS what a figure that expensive should feel like!

I suppose the reason the old Robocop was light (like the Iron Man figures) was the rubber midsection and the hollow leg for the gun holster. If they do those things again theres every reason to think the new Robocop figure(s) will also be lightweight.

I suppose the reason the old Robocop was light (like the Iron Man figures) was the rubber midsection and the hollow leg for the gun holster. If they do those things again theres every reason to think the new Robocop figure(s) will also be lightweight.

The old one didn't have a leg holster, did it?

Hot Toys mentions the Iron Man series as their newfound experience in making robotic characters, but I pray Robocop is nothing like their Iron Man figures. They are the least pleasant Hot Toys figures I've ever owned. They feel so plastic, hollow, light and fragile. And with the battle-damaged versions it just gets worse. If you so much as look at the Mark VI, something will fall off. I avoid reposing him because it's such a pain in the ass, and that's not an experience I want in a $200 figure.

Thankfully, Robocop doesn't have much in the way of flaps and gizmos the way Iron Man does, so that should help his case. I want him to feel more like a solid Predator figure and less like a hollow creaky Iron Man.
I love my HT Iron Man mk4 figure - glad I got it, but I totally agree with you about their general frailty. :lecture

Hopefully Robocop 2.0 benefits from some radically improved toy engineering on HT' part.

Maybe they should go the MKI route and stick a true type as the base body and build around that. After all, it is a man in a suit figure

Im disappointed they choose Cain from RC2 instead of revisiting Ed209.. ED209 is so much more iconic than Cain, and the second movie is just a B movie while the first one is a true classic..

Maybe they should go the MKI route and stick a true type as the base body and build around that. After all, it is a man in a suit figure

That´s the perfect solution for the perfect figure. If hottoys is wise they contact Rob Bottin, he made the orginal ROBOCOP armor.

Well, considering nothing is left of Murphy but a torso and a head, that really wouldn't be necessary.

"I thought we agreed on total body prosthesis. Lose the truetype!"

Just thought I'd paraphrase a film quote - I actually wouldn't object to Wanderers idea.

Took out my Robocop criterion DVD. Just noticed his Battle Damage is so severe it'll make Iron Man 2 blush , I don't know how HT is going to manage to make so many interchangeable Armor plates without the fig gonna cost _____loads.

Oh yeah , as soon as the credits roll, I went nuts ; took out my soldering iron and paint.

figure if my one old loose , damaged Robo is gonna go down the drain value wise by this year, might as well enjoy it with some improvised BD ing

PS: tried to remain accurate for abit. But using your imagination is always better

Enjoy :

n4fcizkscjc4dijtphi5.jpg

ndk24jz08dkytkjkd1l.jpg

m8bvc2zr5w5v6wntg8jr.jpg

xksglokc41s82v72kf5f.jpg

ymixbg22ii1618bisrb3.jpg

ssx8bnuejmyjsk5416ew.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great man! :clap

I really would love a new HT Robocop figure - I'm eagerly awaiting the specs.. surely they won't do a Hasbro & just paint up a re-run? :dunno

It's been long enough for a completely new one to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back