Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

i got it, you want to weather the helmet but keep one intact. ok, you'll be able to do your weathering experiments while waiting for a month for a stock one :)

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I went to pick up my BD on Saturday.

Its a nice piece no doubt. But... I actually like the Diecast a little more. The weight, the reflective color, the presence it gives is more impressive.

However, the detailing on the BD is just stunning. Especially the parts where you can see inner wires and stuff inside. Also.. the right leg, there is a hole big enough you can see the gun (or lack of) inside the leg if you look hard enough.

Thanks to Clipperking. I was wondering on how to remove the HS. Tried pulling out the chest, but it wasn't as easy to pop out as the diecast version. So didn't persist, and this time, the HT instruction book didn't say it was removable. Thanks for clearing that up.

yeah its weird they used the same body with the voice speaker in the chest.

In a perfect world, the clean robo with the right paint job would be best in my book...but sadly we do not live in that world, so I would have to go with the battle damaged.

Now THAT is what I was looking for in the earlier release. Whether they changed the base color or the battle damage did it for us it's far more accurate looking now. Same with the dulled rubber. Can't really complain.

^He had both sets. I'm guessing he's keeping the twin pack and selling the single.

Love the look of this set. The FB pics were great, but it is amazing to see this in video. All the angles of both figures look absolutely stunning and accurate. The face sculpts look stunning, two of the best that Hot Toys have ever done. For Robocop fans, to have all three figures (3 major versions of Murphy from '87 movie) is a must. All stellar pieces! Yay cannot wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. That's how I see it too.
I can't wait to get my set.

I really HOPE that they somehow obtain Kurtwood Smiths Okay to produce a headsculpt for a figure.

Could easily be a convention exclusive.
Would be the first I'ld ever buy, even for a stellar price!

^He had both sets. I'm guessing he's keeping the twin pack and selling the single.
oh right, that's a single figure box, i get it now.
the stupid thing is that i'll get a separate BD body in several days and a complete set in several... months maybe. :(

You know what?

I'm starting to swing towards getting the 2 fig set now. :lol

If only there was some way to get a lewis and a ford taurus in 1/6 :gah:

As much as i love the taurus i don't think its iconic enough to be made in 1/6th scale. The delorean or ecto 1 on the other hand definitely are. I think the best chance of seeing a taurus in any scale would be 1/18th diecast model made by hot wheels elite who seem to be covering all the cult classics at the moment. Comic con is also soon though so you never know...

Last edited:

i know HT vehicles dont sell well but a lewis and ocp ford taurus would go great with cop murphy.

Does anyone know if DarkSpidey is interested in doing movie-accurate RC1 custom paintwork? If so, how many of you fellas would be interested?

I only ask because the paintjob on the clean figure is simply unacceptable. I don't know if DarkSpidey has a history of custom work or if this is even possible, but if there's enough interest and he wants to do it, then maybe we can make something happen.

it's my job actually ^^

I just work on statues 90% of the time :wink1:

I'm extremely busy right now working on a lot of projects at the same time, but I'll start taking robo orders again sometime in the summer. thanks

i know HT vehicles dont sell well but a lewis and ocp ford taurus would go great with cop murphy.

Absolutely.
Think about doing something, maybe just a Taurus front and piece of the windshield which could be leaned against the shelf wall, for Murphy to sit on, but I know that I have said that, regarding doing something in the past also.

let me get a plan up...

I did indeed receive mine today. Found myself surprised how light the double-set is but - no diecast and no chair.

I'll open it later as I'm in work now.

Back