Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Roll on the following weeks, need to see some final production photos. Not that I'm going to cancel my order either way but it would increase the hype ten-fold. Exciting times ahead for us Robo fans.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

^indeed sir, indeed.

Well, I'm happy I'm not on that big Batman and/or Bttf train.
I want/need a 2nd DX-13 in fight with the T-1000 and Kyle Reese and then I COULD be done (after Murphy/Rc, Hulk and HB.)

Batman Returns won't be a big train really, they'll likely only release Batman himself ultimately so that's a one and done purchase. The Delorean is a big one for sure although I think you have it beat with Hulk and Hulkbuster!

When were those four pics taken at Secret Base? Is that the production pieces? I notice that Budjet Starks proto from month behind had Murphy with helmet on. Those are with Helmet off.

When were those four pics taken at Secret Base? Is that the production pieces? I notice that Budjet Starks proto from month behind had Murphy with helmet on. Those are with Helmet off.

Not production pieces. They had the helmeted look displayed and also without.

Either had 2 displays or they switched it up.

HT could of made a battle damage Murphy too.

robocop.jpeg

I always like HT battle damaged figs, Like Marcus Wright, T1 & T2 Terminator.

Watching the movie again in reediness for the figs. Geez Robocop was ultra violent. :exactly:

Last edited:

HT could of made a battle damage Murphy too.

robocop.jpeg

I always like HT battle damaged figs, Like Marcus Wright, T1 & T2 Terminator.

Watching the movie again in reediness for the figs. Geez Robocop was ultra violent. :exactly:

Yeah was originally an x-rating and it had to be bumped down to an R before they would allow it in theaters. This meant murphy's mutilation scene got cut down and that ED209 scene got cut. I love watching it uncut though :yess:

Happy and sad at the news that this seems to be coming out sooner. Happy cause it looks great and to have it in the collection will be great but sad because I think HT will probably be done with Robocop now. :(

Yeah was originally an x-rating and it had to be bumped down to an R before they would allow it in theaters. This meant murphy's mutilation scene got cut down and that ED209 scene got cut. I love watching it uncut though :yess:

Me too, but the uncut ED209 scene is so long it becomes comical. They did the right thing by cutting it. Makes that scene a lot more serious.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Me too, but the uncut ED209 scene is so long it becomes comical. They did the right thing by cutting it. Makes that scene a lot more serious.

That was the whole point though with Verhoeven intentionally taking it over-the-top to satirize violence. I think the extended cut makes the Old Man's line even more hysterical afterward.

Batman Returns won't be a big train really, they'll likely only release Batman himself ultimately so that's a one and done purchase. The Delorean is a big one for sure although I think you have it beat with Hulk and Hulkbuster!

Well, if HT is smart, which I bet they are (due to new infos I just got, but not wanna spread´em too wide) they should do Penguin and Catwoman, really.

Yeah, I got MY WALLET beat.
:lol

Happy and sad at the news that this seems to be coming out sooner. Happy cause it looks great and to have it in the collection will be great but sad because I think HT will probably be done with Robocop now. :(

I agree that it's likely that Hot Toys is done with RoboCop now as they haven't exactly been a sell-out but I'm just so glad that we got a decent range of such stunning figures from my all-time favourite film. Clarence Boddiker and Lewis would complete the set nicely but I'm certain that's just not gonna happen. ��

Spoiler Spoiler:

That was the whole point though with Verhoeven intentionally taking it over-the-top to satirize violence. I think the extended cut makes the Old Man's line even more hysterical afterward.

:exactly: I prefer the uncut version because I the satire is stronger in the ED 209 scene and the more brutal violence in the Murphy execution scene works better for me in the film. That scene is brutal and sadistic but it really works to make us hate Boddicker and co.

With regards the Director's Cut, I prefer the longer ED-209 scene and all of Murphy's uncut excecution other than the final head-shot with the mechanical Peter Weller. I prefer the glancing blow head-shot of the theatrical version. The leg shot where Murphy shoots Bobby on the van chase is also better at long range than in the close-up of the Director's Cut. The only other of the extended bits is the Clarence blood spurt from his neck wound which is better in the longer version.

:exactly: I prefer the uncut version because I the satire is stronger in the ED 209 scene and the more brutal violence in the Murphy execution scene works better for me in the film. That scene is brutal and sadistic but it really works to make us hate Boddicker and co.

:exactly: paul wanted that scene to be violent and tragic so u really feel sorry for murphy, loathe clarence, and his revenge on them as a cyborg is that much more meaningful :lecture

Hard to believe if this releases soon in HK that UK sellers might have it in stock BEFORE the original HK October release. Not that I am complaining, bring it on!

This, DX 13 and DX Luke my three most expensive HT figures ever. BD Robocop basically having the same sculpt and price as original minus the diecast and electronics only tell you one thing….Weller likeness rights must have cost HT $$$$!!!

Love the long ED209 scene. LOVE the gore.

Back