Hot Toys Robocop Arrival?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wookilar8 said:
I also got my notice from Marc. The flood gates have officially opened. I can barely keep up.:monkey5

Still waiting on my shipping notice (and credit card charge) from Corner Store Comics. D*mn, I wish this would get here already!!! :monkey5

pjam said:
...Just received my shipping notice from marc @ Alter Ego, Robo will be here on the 23rd!

wookilar8 said:
I also got my notice from Marc. The flood gates have officially opened. I can barely keep up.:monkey5

Me too guys...Can't wait to have Robocop in hand...I have been waiting for a HIGH-QUALITY posable Robo since I first saw the movie back in '87! Can't wait for ED too...still can't believe they're actually making a 1/6 ED-209!!!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Oh, and Marc is awesome...he answers all my emails almost immediately! Great customer service!!!

Indiana Fett said:
Me too guys...Can't wait to have Robocop in hand...I have been waiting for a HIGH-QUALITY posable Robo since I first saw the movie back in '87! Can't wait for ED too...still can't believe they're actually making a 1/6 ED-209!!!

Right back at ya bro... :D

Indiana Fett said:

Wow, I was 8 years old in 1987... :monkey4.

So... Ever since I saw Robocop, whenever that was, I've wanted a HIGH-QUALITY posable Robo as well! I still can't believe they're making not one, but two different ED-209's, battle damaged and new!

DekeStarkiller said:
I just got him, wow just wow. He is awesome.

Jealous Deke...should have mine in about a week...Can't Wait!!! Can't Wait for ED-209 too...that thing is going to be unbelievably AMAZING methinks!!! AND HUGE!!!!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

DekeStarkiller said:
I just got him, wow just wow. He is awesome.

Congrats Deke and everyone else! :D This will be a dream come true for me as well, these pic are stunning, the metallic detail and finish, the legs springs and holster engineering, everything. Based on these very few pics of Robo, I am now drooling over Ed, I can only imagine how sick that will be.

Word of caution fellas. Be careful putting that head on, there are the two sets of "connector rings" on each of his shoulders that can easily break. Also the head on Robocop was slightly tacky on each side and stuck to the cellophane when being removed.

DekeStarkiller said:
Word of caution fellas. Be careful putting that head on, there are the two sets of "connector rings" on each of his shoulders that can easily break. Also the head on Robocop was slightly tacky on each side and stuck to the cellophane when being removed.

Thanks Deke, I'll alert my Robot tech assembly team (me!:rolleyes:)

I'm getting more and more saddened that I didn't pull the trigger and get this guy. I know its only a matter of time before I pick him up, but I fear I might be paying a bit of a premium when I do :monkey2

galactiboy said:
I'm getting more and more saddened that I didn't pull the trigger and get this guy. I know its only a matter of time before I pick him up, but I fear I might be paying a bit of a premium when I do :monkey2

There are retailers that still have him in stock. Heck, even Sideshow still has him available. If money's an issue right now, I'd suggest pre-ordering the Robocop 3 version coming out in the 4th quarter. So far, all signs seem to indicate that it is the same figure but with an additional accessory (the gun arm).

Putting the head on was relatively easy, but I'm having an absolutely abyssmal time getting the left leg attached, due in part to the dogbone joint never staying in place while I try to press it in. Does anyone have a successful technique they can clue me in on?:monkey2
BTW, the front plate of the left thigh is cast in a softer material, so the paint is kinda tacky like the back of the head. I discovered this after leaving handprints in my struggle to attach the leg.

Super Poseable said:
Putting the head on was relatively easy, but I'm having an absolutely abyssmal time getting the left leg attached, due in part to the dogbone joint never staying in place while I try to press it in. Does anyone have a successful technique they can clue me in on?:monkey2
BTW, the front plate of the left thigh is cast in a softer material, so the paint is kinda tacky like the back of the head. I discovered this after leaving handprints in my struggle to attach the leg.

You MAY want to try to fill your sink with hot water, let the leg sit there for 1-2 minutes and then try popping it in to place ...

works with stubborn heads.

pjam said:
You MAY want to try to fill your sink with hot water, let the leg sit there for 1-2 minutes and then try popping it in to place ...
works with stubborn heads.
Y'know, I was seriously considering that option but was wondering if it would cause the screws to rust in the future. But never mind, I was finally able to push the leg on with a satisfying "pop." The other limbs went on with no problems. Maybe it was just me...:confused:
I photographed it immediately for a Photoshop job. I'll have to wait 'til later to make a pistol-twirling pose.
fig_robocopht_big.jpg

But I also couldn't help comparing to a previous Takara product.
RoboCop_TvHT.jpg

Sith Lord 0498 said:
There are retailers that still have him in stock. Heck, even Sideshow still has him available. If money's an issue right now, I'd suggest pre-ordering the Robocop 3 version coming out in the 4th quarter. So far, all signs seem to indicate that it is the same figure but with an additional accessory (the gun arm).

That's true... although I don't think I'd feel right with myself buying a figure listed as Robocop 3 :lol I know its silly, but that movie was just so terrible... also are they using a different headsculpt for that one, it was a different actor. I think if my money situation irons out like I expect it to next week I'll pick up Robo.

The more I think about it I really can't pass on him, Robocop is a seriously awesom movie and one of my favorites when I was growing up!

Super Poseable said:
I photographed it immediately for a Photoshop job. I'll have to wait 'til later to make a pistol-twirling pose.
fig_robocopht_big.jpg

This is superb SP, it looks like you pulled this from the film.

Can't wait for the pistol-twirling pose! :D

Here is mine. My first HotToys figure and I have to say I am blown away. The engineering that went in to this figure is amazing. Worth the $105.00 I spent on him. :chew

htroboew2.jpg

So how does the hips on Hot Toys Robo work? Do they have any lateral movement like the Takara Robo picture there, are they just cut joints or very limited Ball joints?

Back