Hot Toys Robocop Arrival?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO WAY SP! HOW DID YOU DO THIS BRO? AMAZING, JUST AMAZING WORK! BRAVO!!!

fig_robocopht2_big.jpg

screamingmetal said:
So how does the hips on Hot Toys Robo work? Do they have any lateral movement like the Takara Robo picture there, are they just cut joints or very limited Ball joints?

That's what I was wondering too.

And, Super Poseable, how did you do that pistol-twirling effect?!?!?!

This figure looks absolutely incredible and everyone seems impressed. Can't wait until mine comes in from TS.

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
This figure looks absolutely incredible and everyone seems impressed. Can't wait until mine comes in from TS.

Cheers,

Brad

I wish mine would arrive from Corner Store Comics already. They told over a week ago that he'd arrived and processing was imminent. And yet, still nothing. And they keep changing the price and free shipping on it. I sincerely hope that they honor the $114.99 w/ free shipping under which I placed my order.

I'm just very anxious to get this figure already. I'm looking forward to it more than Obi-Wan and Mace.

haha, I think Arnie Kim got his personally from a friend who works at Hot Toys.
It shows it on his blog....

How much do these go for again?
And where's the best place to buy?
hopefully not eBay... >.>

sunohc said:
haha, I think Arnie Kim got his personally from a friend who works at Hot Toys.
It shows it on his blog....

How much do these go for again?
And where's the best place to buy?
hopefully not eBay... >.>

Alter Ego still has him for 110.

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
So how does the hips on Hot Toys Robo work? Do they have any lateral movement like the Takara Robo picture there, are they just cut joints or very limited Ball joints?
The head and limbs are connected with "dogbone" connectors. The arms rotate nicely and shift around somewhat, but any lateral movement in the legs you'd expect to get are negated by the tight-fitting rubber trunk piece. The package illustrations cheat a wider stance somewhat by having the leg not seated fully into the trunk. With some careful twisting, you may be able to get a wider stance by a quarter-inch. Below is a diagram of what I could decipher about the figure:
rcht_construct.gif

Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's what I was wondering too.
And, Super Poseable, how did you do that pistol-twirling effect?!?!?!
"Ancient Chinese secret!":D

Actually, radial blur was applied to a separately photographed gun, and the thumb was grafted on from another separate shot. The background was captured from the dvd.

Super Poseable said:
Actually, radial blur was applied to a separately photographed gun, and the thumb was grafted on from another separate shot. The background was captured from the dvd.

Cool. Thanks for the tutorial there. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Which scene from the DVD did you use though? I can't place it.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Cool. Thanks for the tutorial there. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Which scene from the DVD did you use though? I can't place it.
The shot of the firing range partitions is right before Lewis walks out of her space towards the growing crowd around RoboCop. I flipped the capture horizontally to match the figure lighting.

Super Poseable said:
The shot of the firing range partitions is right before Lewis walks out of her space towards the growing crowd around RoboCop. I flipped the capture horizontally to match the figure lighting.

Well, would ya look at that...that's pretty good work there. It looks like a building the way its been comped in there. I never would've guessed. :)

Just "pulled the trigger" on Robocop. Got him from Alter Ego (first time buying form them) and I can't wait to get this guy in the mail! I'm also glad there were still some available as I was waiting for some cash flow issues!

Thanks for all of your bad influences on me :lol

galactiboy said:
Just "pulled the trigger" on Robocop. Got him from Alter Ego (first time buying form them) and I can't wait to get this guy in the mail! I'm also glad there were still some available as I was waiting for some cash flow issues!

Thanks for all of your bad influences on me :lol

I'm getting mine today, a childhood dream come true... and when Ed arrives it'll be totally insane in the brain, yo! :D

Yeah I can imagine... I'd love to get ED, but the cost and ginormous size of him make it a little difficult to justify. But, maybe that will be a purchase down the line... or if I get weak enough again.

But I can honestly say I am thrilled to know I will finally be getting this kickass figure I've been wanting for so long. And I'm looking forward to having him square-off against my Aoshima Endoskeleton!

Be sure to post some more pics PJAM!

galactiboy said:
Be sure to post some more pics PJAM!

I will when I have time to build him but there is nothing that can top this shot done by the very talented Super Poseable, just amazing stuff...
fig_robocopht2_big.jpg

Got mine yesterday too - the only bit I had trouble fitting was the head - but I just put the base of it in boiling water to soften it up and it went on easy then. Looks brilliant! Now I can't wait for ED-209 to go with him

Well guys, I received my HT Robocop today from Alter Ego in a near mint box and when I unpackaged him I found his head was apparently glued/stuck to the back of the black head tray section.

This is no fault of Alter Ego, this is an obvious HT Factory defect in that the head paint was probably not completely dried and stuck to the black plastic tray. Unfortunately a ring of paint was removed from the back of his head and left in the tray as you can see from this pic I snapped. The actual ring of removed paint is larger than the pic shows and runs across the entire back of the helmet.

The rest of the figure looks great but you need to watch out for the leg/calf springs as well as they seem to want to remove themselves from their sockets. I also peeked under the helmet and saw a fully sculpted/painted face up there.

Anyway I wrote Marc and I'm sure we'll work something out but I am clearly bumming right now. :monkey4

DSC01785.jpg

Back