Hot Toys Robocop Arrival?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow the arrival notice arrived on 7/24 saying 5 to 7 days to the warehouse so credit cards would begin being charged. Wonder what's up?

My CC has been charged alright. But it could easily take an other 14 days before I even get a tracking number. What a bummer they can't ship him and old ED205 together. I love robot's. I really hope we'll get more from SSC. Al kinds of robots, licence and format cross-over, so to say.

I love robots too. The bigger the better.

I've pre-ordered all the recent Hot Toys Movie Masterpieces figs from Marc at Alter Ego. I'm eagerly anticipating Robo! I cannot wait to open his leg holster and so on and so forth! :monkey5

Last edited:
Robocop is now shipping, and he should probably arrive early next week, but the link is dead through my work computer and I haven't the time to check UPS right now!

got Robocop in the mail today and just finished putting him together. I'm so glad I ordered this figure, by far the best Robocop figure ever.

Pictures please!!! I've been debating whether or not I should have picked this guy up... and I have a feeling I'm gonna be real sad I didn't.

Murderofcrows71 said:
got Robocop in the mail today and just finished putting him together. I'm so glad I ordered this figure, by far the best Robocop figure ever.

Pictures please, if you can!

Murderofcrows71 said:

Definitely post pics please!!!

Also, how difficult is the kit to build? Relatively easy or on the level of a Colonial Marine and/or AVP Predator?

got Robocop today! it looks great in the box. too bad i'm still at work though. can't wait to put him together.

EASY to put together (at least, compared to all the other Hot Toys kits). Robo's basically in 6 pieces: head, two arms with two hands already attached, two legs, and thorax. Snap on the arms, legs, and head, and voila! Then there are the 'extra' hands and the gun. I'm displaying with the gun in the leg holster (open), "pointy" right hand, and open left hand. If I had my digital camera, I'd take pics, but my husband has it and he's out of town. Anyone else able to post pics?

This fig is awesome, but I'm a little dismayed that he doesn't seem to want to stand up all by himself very well. I've got him in the stand, but hopefully will be able to display him without it when I've got proper shelving. The detail is phenomenal! :rock2

Migwit said:
EASY to put together (at least, compared to all the other Hot Toys kits). Robo's basically in 6 pieces: head, two arms with two hands already attached, two legs, and thorax. Snap on the arms, legs, and head, and voila! Then there are the 'extra' hands and the gun. I'm displaying with the gun in the leg holster (open), "pointy" right hand, and open left hand. If I had my digital camera, I'd take pics, but my husband has it and he's out of town. Anyone else able to post pics?

This fig is awesome, but I'm a little dismayed that he doesn't seem to want to stand up all by himself very well. I've got him in the stand, but hopefully will be able to display him without it when I've got proper shelving. The detail is phenomenal! :rock2

Good news on the minimal assembly. Bad news on the sturdiness. Hopefully, it's just the surface you had him on...

How does the holster work? Does the gun pop out on its own? How poseable is it?

Good lord we Robofreaks need details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana :wacky :banana

Hmm, not to take anything away from this figure (I really do like it), but poseability is ok, not excellent and not awful. I had Robo standing on a flat table surface, and I think it is his feet that want to bend a little too easily, so he wanted to lean forward or backward. I kept trying to find that "sweet spot" where he was standing on his own, very solidly, but it just never felt like there WAS a "sweet spot".

The holster isn't "automatic", as it were. In order to get the gun to show itself, you GENTLY pull on the front thigh piece, then push the side thigh piece back (did I mention GENTLY?), and the actual holster is visible. It's possible to close the holster with gun inside, but it doesn't automatically "pop" open so Robo can grab it.

Damn, wish I had my camera! It would be so much easier with pics! :eek:

Migwit said:
Hmm, not to take anything away from this figure (I really do like it), but poseability is ok, not excellent and not awful. I had Robo standing on a flat table surface, and I think it is his feet that want to bend a little too easily, so he wanted to lean forward or backward. I kept trying to find that "sweet spot" where he was standing on his own, very solidly, but it just never felt like there WAS a "sweet spot".

The holster isn't "automatic", as it were. In order to get the gun to show itself, you GENTLY pull on the front thigh piece, then push the side thigh piece back (did I mention GENTLY?), and the actual holster is visible. It's possible to close the holster with gun inside, but it doesn't automatically "pop" open so Robo can grab it.

Damn, wish I had my camera! It would be so much easier with pics! :eek:

No, you're doing great without the pics!! I really appreciate the info.

Unfortunately, it's starting to sound like it's not worth the $120 I'm paying for it. I hope it's just that yours is slightly defective with regards to the ankle joints (which would be good because you could get a replacement). As for the holster, I wonder why Sideshow Brandt referred to it as an engineering marvel (or something along those lines). Sounds as though there's nothing automated about it as well as being potentially fragile.

I'll fiddle with the feet and see if I can work with it. Hate the thought of returning anything.

What IS really neat are the 'hydraulics' that are connected on the back of the leg from the calf to the heel of the foot. Of all the details on this figure, I thought THAT one was an "engineering marvel"! Little metal springs and rotating widgets! Kinda cool!! :lol Or maybe I'm just easily impressed for some reason... :D

The thigh holster does have a "cool" factor to it. While I wouldn't call it an engineering marvel, what I WOULD say is that the parts move together in "engineering harmony". (Just be GENTLE!) :lol

Back