Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally bit the bullet and got Jill off of ebay. The price wasn't too bad w shipping. I'm sure she'll feel slighted as the only female in my collection, but she'll feel right at home with STARS Chris and STARS Wesker. So I'm officially not worthless Biojex! :yess:

First of all I want to thank you all, because you prevented me from making a big mistake.

I never was a toy collector, but when I saw first pics of JV(BSAA) I hardly wanted to buy it! First I tried to find some reviews. So I found this forum. And what I see? The quality of final figure is much worse then commercial one!

First, this ugly baggy baseball cap. It looks like Sherlock Holmes hat (Deerstalker). But on the commercial we see really accurate baseball cap!

And second. Face. Final product has more childish, more simple face then the commercial version! I'm very disappointed!

I want to say that Hot-Toys use cheats in their commercials. And unfair commercial is punished by law! If I were you, I'd turn back the purchase or require commercial quality in court!

Sorry for my english. I'm not very skilled in it.

Eh you make valid points, but I wanted to get another character to go with my STARS Chris and honestly after weighing the options I preferred this figure to Sheva. A. I like Jill's Character better and B. In my opinion Sheva is only worth retail price and not much higher. I was able to get Jill with shipping for only about 20 over retail where as Sheva is 200+. I'll be honest though. If I couldn't get Jill for that price I wouldn't have gotten her either.

I'm very happy with Jill on my collection. But I agree about the cap. It's very annoying. But i know that can be fixed, just need some time to do it.

A pic of her current pose (Those arms need more articulation :gah:).

jillbsaa002.jpg

By ultimessiah at 2011-03-16

Well she arrived today. I acutally think she looks pretty good in person compared to the pics. although I got a "Biohazard" version and not "Resident Evil 5" lol

The game titles have always been Biohazard in Japan, same thing with the movies, comics, and collectibles. The only difference with the HT figures is the packaging. I have several of both types of packaging, and the figures are exactly the same.

Ok heres a question. I was putting the 500 accessories on her today and when I tried to put the radio in the pouch I guess I put pressure in a weird spot and the damn wire came off. How the hell do you properly get that in there? After the wire broke I tried to get the pouch in an buckle it(I ordered a replacement headset) just to figure out how to do it and the strap doesn't even connect. How do you get these things in?

Ok heres a question. I was putting the 500 accessories on her today and when I tried to put the radio in the pouch I guess I put pressure in a weird spot and the damn wire came off. How the hell do you properly get that in there? After the wire broke I tried to get the pouch in an buckle it(I ordered a replacement headset) just to figure out how to do it and the strap doesn't even connect. How do you get these things in?

I think I understand. What you could try, is take a pointy object and try widening the hole a little bit, where the peg is supposed to be inserted. Use a pencil or a toothpick.

I broke the wire on the headset too. Jill was such a pain to assemble and took me over 2hrs. Are you trying to put the radio pouch on the belt/harness or are you trying to close the strap on the pounch over the actuall radio headset?

The strap won't even go over the radio enough to insert the peg into the hole. Like I said I ordered another radio so I want to know the exact procedure for getting the radio in place before I risk breaking another one.
thanks for responding guys.

I just left the radio pouch open on mine. I didn't want to risk stretching the plastic too far and breaking it.

Back