Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most said get her while she's under $200, I waited to get Sheva thinking that she'll be easy to get at retail but just like that she went up in price. Plus if I wanted her real badly I would have hard time spending $200 on Sheva. But it's frreakin Jill.

just got my jill valentine awesome figure i would get it now waiting later will cost you

eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh I probably will. I'll have 2 Chris's and 1, possibly 2, weskers I may as well get a partner for Chris to fight complete.....global.....saturation...... She'd be my first female figure too. Kinda feel weird about that and don't know why. :dunno

The difference between action figures and dolls is action figure come with weapons! If Barbie or Ken came with little AKs and rocket launchers I probably would of had some Barbie or Ken dolls growing up.

Seriously though, it's not weird to have a female action figure especially Jill Valentine. She was my first 1/6 female figure so she's special.

Yea that's exactly it. I have a tradition view of action figures as growing up I had you know GI Joes and whatever else and non of them were females. Like I said Chris needs a partner and honestly I'd rather have BSAA Jill than Sheva. Sheva's a good figure, imo not worth the price she is commanding now.

So I will probably try to get Jill within the next couple of weeks.

I would say it is only as wierd as other people see it. Meaning that, to me, its not wierd, but unfortunately, my non-collecting friends and my wife especially, would have far less tolerance to my 1/6 figures if they were chicks =(...

darn I really wanted to pick up Jill and BW (hehe...)

I would say it is only as wierd as other people see it. Meaning that, to me, its not wierd, but unfortunately, my non-collecting friends and my wife especially, would have far less tolerance to my 1/6 figures if they were chicks =(...

darn I really wanted to pick up Jill and BW (hehe...)

Whoa whoa, might wanna rephrase that. :monkey1

She's my first to and there's nothing weird about that. I'm secure about myself.

I'm not sure this is about being secure with ourselves. As vareika said, that's more what others think about "us", collecting female figures. I admit I was a little worried/embarrassed the first time about others' reactions :D

But they are "shocked" by the prices, not the figures :lol

However, I still don't like posing my figures when other people might watch...

eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh I probably will. I'll have 2 Chris's and 1, possibly 2, weskers I may as well get a partner for Chris to fight complete.....global.....saturation...... She'd be my first female figure too. Kinda feel weird about that and don't know why. :dunno

What should I say about myself in this case... I started "collecting" Hot Toys figures with two females (Jill and Abigail). Facts are that female figures are mostly cheaper than males. And I'm not ready to spend 200 to 300 € in a Hot Toys figure if I'm late for a release...

To stay on the topic, my Jill current pose (sorry I didn't bothered to remove the base for a crappy phonecam shot :wink1:):

mtjUgRd01Xj0FPVCFprR9T7ufyWmAXhWN86siO55ZFNn4Wmlrv.jpg

I'm not sure this is about being secure with ourselves. As vareika said, that's more what others think about "us", collecting female figures. I admit I was a little worried/embarrassed the first time about others' reactions :D

That's why I had reservations originally. My freinds think I'm overboard with collectibles as it is and to see her would just as fuel to the fire. But honestly I'll probably try to get Jill soon once some fundage is avaliable.

Back