1/6 Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive) CONFIRMED FAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Confirmed? Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Yeah, I checked OSR and saw nothing. They have the old articles though.

ms2jqe.jpg

That was just last month's. Notice how the questions are pretty much the same as this new one?

The original poster of this new "article" also posted this on the Hot Toys facebook wall a while back,

attachment.php

And if Smooth Criminal MJ is cancelled, why did Sideshow put this teaser up last week on their site?

preview__SmoothCriminal.jpg

Don't make no sense. Not real.

Re: Confirmed? Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Additional good arguments. :(

Can you link us to the "original" posts?

Re: April fools? Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

I almost bought the unlicensed figure, so glad I waited!! Pretty much everyone I want from The Dark Knight Trilogy I'll have now. Blake and Lucius would be icing on the cake at this point.

Crap didn't even think about April Fools Day. Hopefully that's not the case...

Not to mention the fact that it probably would've been posted by one of the admins of that group, if it were legit. Guy's a **** for doing this, if you ask me.

Not to mention the fact that it probably would've been posted by one of the admins of that group, if it were legit. Guy's a **** for doing this, if you ask me.

Indeed he is! :gah:
Was assuming it was posted by one of their admins as it looked so legit at first but there are many good arguments against the authenticity of this interview now.
At this point I'd say it's not legit. The only good thing is that it doesn't mean we will not see a HT Ra's but once again we wouldn't be sure if and when this would be the case. :dunno

So BTTF and Batman Returns are pushed back to 2015/2016 (which really means 2017 or never). Yet again just tying up a line and doing nothing with it.

As for the new pieces I wonder if one of the villains will be Iron Whiplash since it has been shown. I'd like a black suit Superman, because I've actually been holding on the first one to see if they end up doing a DX version in a smaller size more in scale with other HT releases.
Chewbacca would be amazing, as would Han and Anakin.

If it is a prank, that guy is a jerk, yes, but I still hate Hot Toys' style for disseminating information. In the absence of solid information there is bound to be a lot of rumors, speculation and deliberately malicious misinformation to fill the void.

Teasing as a marketing strategy to build interest is one thing, and fine if done consistently, but Hot Toys is so random and unclear all the time.

HT really should have a quarterly newsletter or something to update people on delayed licenses, new licenses, etc.

If it is a prank, that guy is a jerk, yes, but I still hate Hot Toys' style for disseminating information. In the absence of solid information there is bound to be a lot of rumors, speculation and deliberately malicious misinformation to fill the void.

Teasing as a marketing strategy to build interest is one thing, and fine if done consistently, but Hot Toys is so random and unclear all the time.

HT really should have a quarterly newsletter or something to update people on delayed licenses, new licenses, etc.

This is what Bo Shrek was getting at in the Returns thread actually:

So is HT version of updates to their fans through a casual interview? So if the interviewer never asked these questions the MJ Smooth Criminal is still happening and Batman Returns is still on track for late 2012? Kind of ****ed up if you ask me!!!

attachment.php

Never seen that - is it legit or part of the prank?

Re: Confirmed: Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Well a lot of times they can't reveal things to the public, especially with new films because of the movie producers and all that don't want to give anything away until the movie is just about released. And if a license can't get approved, im sure they don't love that either. HTs love the figures just as much as the fans and Im sure they want to make Batman Returns and BTTF. Sometimes things just happen that they can't control.

Is it their job to inform the public? ehh, not really. They only need to announce Pre-Orders. The fans are just very anxious and impatient and can't control themselves for finding out every little thing, like some probably want to know what HTs are eating for lunch :lol

like if this is a fake interview, and it wasnt something OSR did, then just goes to show how crazy some fans are and the lengths they would go.:cuckoo:

Great prank if it is just that. Very well done. :lol

seems like it would be a lot of effort for some shinannigans if that's what it was for?

The more you look at it the more it seems to be a prank. I wouldn't think Howard would do that cough cough thing.

Well a lot of times they can't reveal things to the public, especially with new films because of the movie producers and all that don't want to give anything away until the movie is just about released. And if a license can't get approved, im sure they don't love that either. HTs love the figures just as much as the fans and Im sure they want to make Batman Returns and BTTF. Sometimes things just happen that they can't control.

Is it their job to inform the public? ehh, not really. They only need to announce Pre-Orders. The fans are just very anxious and impatient and can't control themselves for finding out every little thing, like some probably want to know what HTs are eating for lunch :lol

like if this is a fake interview, and it wasnt something OSR did, then just goes to show how crazy some fans are and the lengths they would go.:cuckoo:

Very true. They don't have to give us information at all. In fact, it would be better if they didn't announce licenses that they weren't 100% sure would be ready to ship soon. I bet if the first we ever heard of a new Nolan villain figure or a Batman Returns figure was a fully realized proto at a comic con or Toy show, a few months before it is released for sale, it would still sell out. There's really no reason to announce licenses years in advance of when they'll be ready for production and shipping.

Very true. They don't have to give us information at all. In fact, it would be better if they didn't announce licenses that they weren't 100% sure would be ready to ship soon. I bet if the first we ever heard of a new Nolan villain figure or a Batman Returns figure was a fully realized proto at a comic con or Toy show, a few months before it is released for sale, it would still sell out. There's really no reason to announce licenses years in advance of when they'll be ready for production and shipping.

Ya they could probably do a better job with that, they probably shouldn't mentioning license until the build the approved Prototype. But sometimes there are delays caused by the licensor even after Pre-Order reveal or their could be mass producing delays like with large scale vehicles.

So its tough.

And we live in the internet world where everyone needs to know everything immediately. So when people get to interview them, they ask questions about upcoming releases and that usually causes people to freak out in one way or another.

The plot thickens...

Well, that would suck if it weren't true but all the same, I wasn't expecting a Ras figure before today so I guess I can go to not expecting one again until I see final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back