Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soft sculpt?! Whatever that means. Exaggerations aside...buy more figures and stop looking at photos, because they are two very different beasts. "I know, but I don't care" comes to mind whenever I look at how stunning the DX12 looks with all my other figures. I'm sure I'm not in the minority on this forum that holds that opinion after plying around with the figure in person.

The DX12 is a fantastic figure, end of story

The DX12 is a fantastic figure, end of story

It's 'adequate' for the less 'discerning' person...

img_43452_lulzsec-exposed_thumb.jpg

J/K :wink1::lol

They don't have anywhere near the experience or connections in the industry that HT does. You make your own mind up, but I know I won't be giving them more of my cash until they have a more established track record.

Who cares about experience and connections? I've had 2 EB figures, and they've both been better than anything I've seen with my own eyes from HT. HT is old news.

I'm not going to put both companies at odds with eachother (and some of you know I absolutely cannot stand Bill and all of his smacktalk after the Rambo fiasco), but the company's immature business practices have nothing to do with the talent it employs. Now I know not to buy direct and I'll be more cautious because, frankly, their stuff looks pretty damn good and worth the time spent waiting for a closer retailer to get their hands on it. Sometimes it's superior to HT, sometimes not. Seeing as they are a different size and feel like different types of collectibles (at least to me), I'll buy whatever looks kickass. If that ends up being Enterbay, I'll proceed with caution and order from someone with a better track record CS-wise. If it's HT, I'll dive right in via Sideshow. Simple as that.

For the time being, I won't be getting any 1/6 releases from EB mostly because none of them have impressed me. A larger canvas helps them out, no doubt.

HT just doesn't impress me with anything they do anymore. They used to, but their prices continue to climb and they just put out the same stuff. I've been in the game long enough, bigger is defn better in my eyes. I'd rather not have 50 figures grouped all together that don't stand out from afar if we are talking about 1/6 stuff. As far as 1/4, HT hasn't shown anything amazing in that scale yet, and they started out with higher prices than EB.

If this Endo looks better then the EB attempt, then I will defn get it, but I really doubt that will be the case. EB will prolly make 2 guns standard with their release, and hopefully have a light up base like the full size.

HT just doesn't impress me with anything they do anymore. They used to, but their prices continue to climb and they just put out the same stuff. I've been in the game long enough, bigger is defn better in my eyes. I'd rather not have 50 figures grouped all together that don't stand out from afar if we are talking about 1/6 stuff. As far as 1/4, HT hasn't shown anything amazing in that scale yet, and they started out with higher prices than EB.

If this Endo looks better then the EB attempt, then I will defn get it, but I really doubt that will be the case. EB will prolly make 2 guns standard with their release, and hopefully have a light up base like the full size.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

I'm curious as well to see what EB does with their Endoskeleton. Note that the potential for shoddy QC is even greater with that character because it's not something they've done before. I fear giving such an intricate robotic design over to that company is like asking a toddler to build a computer from scratch -- and giving him wire cutters and X-acto knives to do it. Hopefully I'm wrong and we have yet to see any pictures of EB's attempt (everything so far was just the Sideshow 1:1), so there's no reason to judge quite yet.

Well I finally broke and pre-ordered the endo, I really need that in the collection, will be my first 1:4 scale piece:panic: The thought of displaying a hugh @$$ fully chromed out fully articulated endo is just to awesome to pass on. I hope to see the final version released with some updates on the head though, while it looks cool it don't look like its strait outta the movie.

Well I finally broke and pre-ordered the endo, I really need that in the collection, will be my first 1:4 scale piece:panic: The thought of displaying a hugh @$$ fully chromed out fully articulated endo is just to awesome to pass on. I hope to see the final version released with some updates on the head though, while it looks cool it don't look like its strait outta the movie.

:panic: indeed.

This is a risky move for you since you've been trying to avoid the 1:4 Arnies. Having this could push you over the edge. To paraphrase Boromir 'one does not simply buy only 1 Quarter Scale figure'!

:panic: indeed.

This is a risky move for you since you've been trying to avoid the 1:4 Arnies. Having this could push you over the edge. To paraphrase Boromir 'one does not simply buy only 1 Quarter Scale figure'!

I know and i'm scared:horror but the more I thought about it the more I wanted it, the endo is the most iconic figure from the whole terminator franctise, when I see it I get all gitty. Its such an amazing design for machine. I still have no plans to pick up the enterbay 1/4 arnies, just want this to be a center piece in my collection.......thats the plan anyway:panic:

Also just finished paying off a six year car loan, now I have an extra 400 bucks a month back in my pocket!!!

Last edited:
I know and i'm scared:horror but the more I thought about it the more I wanted it, the endo is the most iconic figure from the whole terminator franctise, when I see it I get all gitty. Its such an amazing design for machine. I still have no plans to pick up the enterbay 1/4 arnies, just want this to be a center piece in my collection.......thats the plan anyway:panic:

Also just finished paying off a six year car loan, now I have an extra 400 bucks a month back in my pocket!!!

Ah, now thats handy.

I agree the Terminator endo is beautiful. If only they could be real (but not so inclined towards violence against humans)

If I did not have the Alien Warrior PS and HT Joker 2.0 on order I would have bought this in a heart beat!

It will take me 6 months to pay off those two so I hope there are still some left for a decent price next summer.

Or they should re release the 1/6 endo!

If I did not have the Alien Warrior PS and HT Joker 2.0 on order I would have bought this in a heart beat!

It will take me 6 months to pay off those two so I hope there are still some left for a decent price next summer.

Or they should re release the 1/6 endo!

:lecture

I´d take a new and chromeplated 1:6 Endo in an instant.
Good thing that I rarely to PO´s, but IF this really gets released in april, then I´ll have to look how to afford this.

I finally need a high end endo...

I am really keen to get this as well but really don't think I need to rush into it. Anyone know if you can put SS points towards it?

I am really keen to get this as well but really don't think I need to rush into it. Anyone know if you can put SS points towards it?

Should be able to. Just remember you'd get $20 worth of points on a standard order. So you need to use a heap of points to make it worth while.

This guy will sell out in ten minutes if Enterbay's endo sucks..lol. Not likely though.

I have a feeling that Enterbays will be better too, although more B-D in apperance. I like what I've seen of this from Ani-Com pics etc, but there's 2 things that need upped. The base is crying out for some blue LEDS, and the facesculpt could be improved. I was hoping for a 'quantum leap' in detail at this scale and have been a little disappointed in what HT have done (afterall I'm sure I read an interview where a HT artist said 1:4 was better for detail) Heres hoping Enterbay continue to grow

The image of the endoskeleton from the terminator films is stuck in my head since I saw the movies as a small boy, so the endos are familiar to me since then. I just love the sinister design that stan created. Let's hope Enterbay annouces their endo soon enough because the HT version look a little poor to me atm...

The image of the endoskeleton from the terminator films is stuck in my head since I saw the movies as a small boy, so the endos are familiar to me since then. I just love the sinister design that stan created. Let's hope Enterbay annouces their endo soon enough because the HT version look a little poor to me atm...

Me too, and I'm not sure why I don't like the HT, I think it's the face. The teeth maybe? IDK. If there wasn't another 1/4 on the horizon I probably would have already ordered the HT.

Me too, and I'm not sure why I don't like the HT, I think it's the face. The teeth maybe? IDK. If there wasn't another 1/4 on the horizon I probably would have already ordered the HT.

I think me too! Hmm... but did EB already announced their 1/4 Endo?
Haven't heard anything about a announcement yet.

Back