Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pics are so dark, it's hard to see any fine details. The head does look less horse faced though.. And the the neck hoses are there.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm excited this is almost here. :dunno

Those pics are so dark, it's hard to see any fine details. The head does look less horse faced though.. And the the neck hoses are there.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm excited this is almost here. :dunno

Well I'm certainly looking forward to it... I just wish some quality photos of it were taken and I want to see the in-hand light up feature. As far as I can remember there hasn't been any besides for the dumb press shots with photoshop red eyes... :pfft:

Out of curiosity, are they doing a DX release for the tech noir Arnie? I still don't own him and wouldn't want to jump the gun if a re-release was coming! Just because of his inclusion in the below pic.

If not at all, anyone in need of quick funds and parting with one? :)

t114backstage.jpg

Argh. I think I have to cancel the preorder on this...but I just can't tell...maybe it's the pose I don't like - but this thing just isn't getting me excited. It's mostly the face...something just isn't working. Probably a bunch of small things that all together ruin the likeness for my eye.
DAMN, I want to love this!

You might just find that Enterbay's upcoming offering will be more to your taste. I don't doubt they will give it their all to out-do Hot Toys.

You might just find that Enterbay's upcoming offering will be more to your taste. I don't doubt they will give it their all to out-do Hot Toys.

There exists today quite a few original full-scale props and castings for those props. It would not require an enormous amount of effort to apply the dimensions of those props to a quarter scale endoskeleton that precisely resembles the original props. Like for example, this one in Japan.

P1020772.jpg

It's an original, and it exists in its entirety, so researching the precise layout of the endo would only require a ticket to Japan, and the permission of the owners of the hotel to analyze the piece ( or even just detailed pictures of it). Who the hell knows what Hot Toys was referencing, but they're way off.

I hear ya dude! The sad thing is that Enterbay appears to be using Sideshow's 1:1 endoskeleton as reference which makes it unlikely that we'll see an 100% true T1 representation just yet!

Maybe one day we'll finally get exactly what we've been asking for.

EB have the T2 license so theirs was always going to be based on T2 if anything. And HT have the T1 license and they're probably basing it primarily on T2 aswell. A missed opportunity to please the hardcore detail guys who know the differences between the T1 and T2 endos. If they had been pleased we would all have been pleased.

I snapped this one of a screen used endo at the Seattle Sci-Fi Museum. I had to wait until the security guard wasn't looking...no pics allowed..lol. Notice the missing on the right hand. The security guard told me some kid jumped over the rope, broke off the finger, and ran out of the museum. He wasn't caught. I've always wondered who has that finger...

That one has screen used feet from T1. The rest is mainly from T3 and bits from T2.
It was used for promotion for T3 & ILM reference. This is the one was sold for $500,000 @ Profiles in history. Now displayed & the Sci-fi museum, probably for tax purposes by the owner.

That one has screen used feet from T1. The rest is mainly from T3 and bits from T2.
It was used for promotion for T3 & ILM reference. This is the one was sold for $500,000 @ Profiles in history. Now displayed & the Sci-fi museum, probably for tax purposes by the owner.

:lecture Interesting. Thank you for the info.

There exists today quite a few original full-scale props and castings for those props. It would not require an enormous amount of effort to apply the dimensions of those props to a quarter scale endoskeleton that precisely resembles the original props. Like for example, this one in Japan.

P1020772.jpg

It's an original, and it exists in its entirety, so researching the precise layout of the endo would only require a ticket to Japan, and the permission of the owners of the hotel to analyze the piece ( or even just detailed pictures of it). Who the hell knows what Hot Toys was referencing, but they're way off.

:goodpost::exactly::hi5:

P1020772.jpg

Do you have more pics of this museum?

I hear ya dude! The sad thing is that Enterbay appears to be using Sideshow's 1:1 endoskeleton as reference which makes it unlikely that we'll see an 100% true T1 representation just yet!

Maybe one day we'll finally get exactly what we've been asking for.

Well they have a full endo right in their office. There's no way to know what they are exactly using to reference their 1/4 version until we see it, but I'd bet it will be a better overall piece than the ht version. I don't think the EB version will be chromed though.

Back