Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it should be smaller with tissue and heeled biker boots removed. Will be interesting to compare . Will post pics ASAP!

IIRC, my HT 1/4 Endo was about 18.5" standing straight up. Since most people pose it with the knees slightly bent, it will look shorter.

I measured my EB T-800 (clean version) last night while it was still in box and its exactly 19" tall. The base also added another 1".

This is a good pic...

i must admit, i am warming to the HT's 1/4 Endo figure

Opened mine today and overall am very happy with it. Couple of niggles the gun feel cheap as it is a light plastic but I wonder if it's so it's not too heavy in his arm also couldn't find a decent purchase for the gun clip to go on but didn't need it anyway. The switch for the eyes inside the head is a nuisance. It doesn't have Arnie's gap in the front teeth either. Stand is ok and apart from the niggles I'm glad I got it in the end after it was initially a pass. Some picks to enjoy and height comparisons with the EB reg and BD:

usuvynu5.jpg

u2adydub.jpg

This was with the endo slightly raise to simulate heeled boots and a bit of flesh

emymavuh.jpg

2eba4e9a.jpg

a3u9a3y2.jpg

de4aha9a.jpg

gu2e4u3y.jpg

ryzu5uhe.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats venturluni!The plasma rifle was plastic to be able to pose it easier and not to be too heavy. The base and skulls can be weathered a bit and the lava removed easily. The only issue I see is the way the eyes turn on, but since I rarely use the electronics on my collectibles is not a big problem

Opened mine today and overall am very happy with it. Couple of niggles the gun feel cheap as it is a light plastic but I wonder if it's so it's not too heavy in his arm also couldn't find a decent purchase for the gun clip to go on but didn't need it anyway. The switch for the eyes inside the head is a nuisance. It doesn't have Arnie's gap in the front teeth either. Stand is ok and apart from the niggles I'm glad I got it in the end after it was initially a pass. Some picks to enjoy and height comparisons with the EB reg and BD:

usuvynu5.jpg

u2adydub.jpg

This was with the endo slightly raise to simulate heeled boots and a bit of flesh

emymavuh.jpg

2eba4e9a.jpg

a3u9a3y2.jpg

de4aha9a.jpg

gu2e4u3y.jpg

ryzu5uhe.jpg

Really appreciate those fantastic pics big V! :hi5: as great as your pics are to show the height comparison, it has made my mind up to pass on this one and wait it out for the new Sideshow 1/4 maquette :(

No problem, you do what you gotta do!

This should have been an instant buy for me but the inaccuracies have put me off. I'd go as far as saying that the first 1/6s HT did were more accurately proportioned than this.

This endoskeleton is far too lanky, with a pin head to boot. It's like it's been sculpted from memory almost.

A real shame in my book, as the finish, articulation and quality seem excellent. I'll wait it out for a maquette, or perhaps the 1:2 HCG torso. (or maybe a SS LSB?)

This should have been an instant buy for me but the inaccuracies have put me off. I'd go as far as saying that the first 1/6s HT did were more accurately proportioned than this.

This endoskeleton is far too lanky, with a pin head to boot. It's like it's been sculpted from memory almost.

A real shame in my book, as the finish, articulation and quality seem excellent. I'll wait it out for a maquette, or perhaps the 1:2 HCG torso. (or maybe a SS LSB?)

Oh god i hope they will make another cinemaquette. I'm also thinking about a T-800 LSB. SS is releasing the veteran version.

Oh god i hope they will make another cinemaquette. I'm also thinking about a T-800 LSB. SS is releasing the veteran version.

I've said this before, but feel gutted to have missed the heyday of sideshow and the predator/alien licenses.

All I want is a decent endo that'll sit on tempered glass, a decent Jungle Hunter and a decent-sized (and reasonably affordable) Aliens Warrior!
Oh...and a Queen. Some AvP1 stuff would be great too. Like high-end versions of the McFarlane figure dioramas. The waste of potential from Sideshow with their 1/5 line was shocking.

I totally understand what you mean mate

I'm new into that hobby, that's why i'm impressed by this piece ...

I totally understand what you mean mate

I'm new into that hobby, that's why i'm impressed by this piece ...

Fair play. As you're new into the hobby you're forgiven! Haha, I'm relatively new into it too...and the first thing I've learned is that you can build a collection much much faster than you realise.

The second thing I've learned is that you get license-cycles. It's never worth paying over the odds for a rare in my book, another, superior version will come along eventually.

There was a real dry-spell for Robocop up until now for example, now there's tons of great products on the horizon.

The third thing I learned, is stick to the licenses you really, really, can't live without. If you buy a piece, aim for something as definitive and as expensive as you can afford, then move on. If you don't, you'll end up stretching yourself keeping up with licenses that you go on to not really care about.

Nothing worse than selling an unwanted collectible that you paid a fortune for! Those are my two cents...sounds obvious I know! My point is...I think some really cool Alien/Predator/Terminator stuff is on the way now...

I really appreciated that mate.

I need to learn more about collectors like you because if i see an item i want, it's like i can't resist or a little !

I have 3 licences i really love : Batman (a big fan since the Nolan's trilogy), Terminator (T2 especially) and Predator. I'm also a big fan of Street Fighter (Akuma & Oni) and Mortal Kombat (Ermac & Noob Saibot).

When I see an item from those characters, i can't resist. I become like a child and i can't stop thinking about it until i get the item lol

Now, i go everyday on SS to see the 1:1 bust asking me if i have to order it before it is sold out :)

I really appreciated that mate.

I need to learn more about collectors like you because if i see an item i want, it's like i can't resist or a little !

I have 3 licences i really love : Batman (a big fan since the Nolan's trilogy), Terminator (T2 especially) and Predator. I'm also a big fan of Street Fighter (Akuma & Oni) and Mortal Kombat (Ermac & Noob Saibot).

When I see an item from those characters, i can't resist. I become like a child and i can't stop thinking about it until i get the item lol

Now, i go everyday on SS to see the 1:1 bust asking me if i have to order it before it is sold out :)

Cheers dude - dont want to sound preachy - just that I wish I had adopted this approach from day one. The first year or two of collecting can be a little rickety. The Dark Knight Trilogy is a great example. Some may have spent thousands on 1/6 scales, only to now face the fantastic figures from Enterbay. Not forgetting Hot Toys will be likely producing more 1/4 scales too.

Those dollars add up quickly. For the sake of keeping up with Hot Toys sixth scales, you could probably manage the HCG 1:1 Dark Knight Bust, the 1/4 DKR and the Joker from EB!

Goes to show the merits of holding back those impulses...

As for MK, that's a scary license for the wallet, so again, I'd be inclined to go for quality over quantity. Sure, you could spend hundreds on every Syco piece, or get a select few from SS/Pop Culture.

I was looking at the 1/6 scale endo I have today and noticed how much better the neck articulation is on it than the 1/4 scale. Am I missing something? I have only been able to move the neck at the joint to the shoulders, the joint at the base of the skull is fixed?

Back