Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine, but don't really know how to link an image very well through here...
One small part of mine broke, where a piston in the right thigh connects to the pelvis, it's a very weak connection. The part is easily removed with one screw, I'm hoping to get a replacement from my seller through hot toys...
Here's a pic I took today, didn't do anything to the photo except alter the color a little bit. Pretty amazing how different a figure can look just from a different camera angle.

Awesome picture ! Looks just like the film . Very creepy.

Awesome picture ! Looks just like the film . Very creepy.

Thanks sixx, endo. If you've got one of these coming, I assure you, you won't be disappointed...even if it's not 110% accurate, it's still extremely cool, and looks even better in person. Everyone in my office, even women were astonished by it.
The delivery guy said he would've had it to me 15 minutes earlier, but he saw the sideshow packing box, and had to swing by his wife's work to say "my birthday is coming up, you know what you can get me?", and he wanted to see me open it, lol...
One thing about pics online is that camera lenses often distort proportions, especially on an item as large as this one. In person it looks really amazing. :panic:
Also, the painted lower legs look very natural in person, I won't be bothering to remove the paint.

Thanks sixx, endo. If you've got one of these coming, I assure you, you won't be disappointed...even if it's not 110% accurate, it's still extremely cool, and looks even better in person. Everyone in my office, even women were astonished by it.
The delivery guy said he would've had it to me 15 minutes earlier, but he saw the sideshow packing box, and had to swing by his wife's work to say "my birthday is coming up, you know what you can get me?", and he wanted to see me open it, lol...
One thing about pics online is that camera lenses often distort proportions, especially on an item as large as this one. In person it looks really amazing. :panic:
Also, the painted lower legs look very natural in person, I won't be bothering to remove the paint.

Hope someone would say that about the dirt paintjob.
Awesome reaction by your delivery guy.
:lol
Congrats, bud.

Got mine tonight and I have to say as my first hot toys I'm pretty impressed. I like the weight of it but I'm scared to move it too much or apply too much force to get it into a pose.
It's a nice height, certainly does grab attention. I showed my room mate and he wanted to create a short film on some stop motion app. Had to take it off him, bloody child.
I do wish the feet and lower part of the legs were diecast to much the rest of the figure but over all I'm happy, I'm glad I paid $369 from bbts. I don't really have a problem with the base at eye level you can only see the skulls no lava.
I think at $400 for this figure is a little much if it was priced at $350 I would be happy, but I under how many little pieces are used and the time it would take to assemble one of these guys would be painful and take a good amount of hours.

I was trying to move the hoses infront of his collar bone but they are attached to something on the chest. How did you guys go about removing that little piece inside the chest? I'm not too fussed about it as no one is going to comment oh no that is not the right T1 when they see it.
One other thing I would like to add the switch to light up the eyes, I wish that was placed in his back not in his head. It's a bit of a pain in the *** to remove the head piece just for such a little issue.

Cannot wait for mine to arrive. Seems like a great piece. I'm thinking of repainting the lava black, to look like broken rock/asphalt instead of molten lava.

Like Fedsparkles above I'm curious in how to repose the hoses, since I don't have it in hand yet, I'm not sure if it is easy or not.

Got mine tonight and I have to say as my first hot toys I'm pretty impressed. I like the weight of it but I'm scared to move it too much or apply too much force to get it into a pose.
It's a nice height, certainly does grab attention. I showed my room mate and he wanted to create a short film on some stop motion app. Had to take it off him, bloody child.
I do wish the feet and lower part of the legs were diecast to much the rest of the figure but over all I'm happy, I'm glad I paid $369 from bbts. I don't really have a problem with the base at eye level you can only see the skulls no lava.
I think at $400 for this figure is a little much if it was priced at $350 I would be happy, but I under how many little pieces are used and the time it would take to assemble one of these guys would be painful and take a good amount of hours.

I was trying to move the hoses infront of his collar bone but they are attached to something on the chest. How did you guys go about removing that little piece inside the chest? I'm not too fussed about it as no one is going to comment oh no that is not the right T1 when they see it.
One other thing I would like to add the switch to light up the eyes, I wish that was placed in his back not in his head. It's a bit of a pain in the *** to remove the head piece just for such a little issue.

Cannot wait for mine to arrive. Seems like a great piece. I'm thinking of repainting the lava black, to look like broken rock/asphalt instead of molten lava.

Like Fedsparkles above I'm curious in how to repose the hoses, since I don't have it in hand yet, I'm not sure if it is easy or not.

The feet and inner leg struts are diecast. You can pull the chest hose out by removing the smaller hose first, but it's easier to remove the 90º elbow from the shoulder joint. Enjoy!

Changing the pistons over only took me a couple of minutes to complete using a pair of micro diagonal pliers. The steel pins aren't glued in. It's a simple matter of carefully levering the base of the pistons upwards until you expose enough of the metal pin to grip and pull out. No need for any great force to be applied during the process. Be careful and take your time.

8798784.jpg

98789347.jpg

89478445.jpg

Thanks for the tips, please post pics once its back on :)

Oops!

876435679.jpg

All the parts are electroplated chrome. You can safely wipe away the weathering with nail polish remover or thinner if you don't like the look of it. Only takes a minute.

98723489.jpg

89723848.jpg

great info!

Excellent. I may do that one day. Or I might just leave it but good to know it can be done.

Thanks a lot for posting this! I already have this figure on order and this was the only real let down for me. Great to know it can be easily remedied.

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated. Is it acetone free nail polish remover?

Acetone or thinner works best. Use some q-tips and you can remove as much or as little as you like. I left the feet looking pretty dirty and some smudges here and there so it wouldn't look too clean.

Glad to help guys.

Gigerfan thanks for the tip on the hose. I've done that and pretty happy. Not going to worry about the pistons thats too fancy. But the light up base does look appealing to me I have to say.

Back