Hot Toys: PPS: Iron Man Power Pose Series Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys think HTs are coming out with new lines because their 1/6 are not doing that great anymore? the only 1/6 that making them any real money are Predators, Batman and Iron Man.

do you guys think HTs are coming out with new lines because their 1/6 are not doing that great anymore? the only 1/6 that making them any real money are Predators, Batman and Iron Man.

That's becuase they're the ones they back the most. Figures can't make money if they aren't made.

Just what exactly is Power Pose supposed to be?

I'm thinking they're including extra arms and legs in pre-posed positions in order to do away with unsightly joints, which is exactly what I suggested they do on their Hulk figure, too bad they didn't go with that option at the time. Maybe they'll do it for the inevitable Avengers 2 Hulk?

Maybe it's more of a statue with optional additional limbs in new positions like a Kotobukiya Clone statue?
:dunno

Power Pose is Hot Toys answer to Kotobukiya statues in this way they would conver all the various different types of collectables to suit the different collectors tastes.
They produce cosbaby to compete with the various chibi toy makers medicom Kubrick figures and others

Its not surprising the would do this Enterbay announcing !/4 figures Hot Toys follows up with their own.

Play imaginative is making Diecast 1/6 scale so will Hot Toys

Kotobukiya statues really have no rival until now they were really the only people making Plastic and PVC models of comic characters . Side show as focused on the expensive statues premium format but Kotobukiya was in their own niche.

Hot Toys CEO Howard Chan mentioned in an interview that they would treat the Iron Man License like Bandi does will Gundam so expect these figures to be milked unlike figures which require tailoring these plastic figures can be much more mass produced and hence the Hot Toys need to take advantage of the movies release and get as many products out their as they can

Power Pose is Hot Toys answer to Kotobukiya statues in this way they would conver all the various different types of collectables to suit the different collectors tastes.
They produce cosbaby to compete with the various chibi toy makers medicom Kubrick figures and others

Its not surprising the would do this Enterbay announcing !/4 figures Hot Toys follows up with their own.

Play imaginative is making Diecast 1/6 scale so will Hot Toys

Kotobukiya statues really have no rival until now they were really the only people making Plastic and PVC models of comic characters . Side show as focused on the expensive statues premium format but Kotobukiya was in their own niche.

Hot Toys CEO Howard Chan mentioned in an interview that they would treat the Iron Man License like Bandi does will Gundam so expect these figures to be milked unlike figures which require tailoring these plastic figures can be much more mass produced and hence the Hot Toys need to take advantage of the movies release and get as many products out their as they can

You hit in on the head precisely!:clap

Alot of negativity here, but I think it's about time HT went for statues. The Enterbay route. It could also mean a lower price-point. Perhaps they're trying to take on the lower-end of the market too? Either way, I think this is great news.

I'd love to be able to buy HT products at around the £100 mark and make good looking shelves.

I have no objections to HT announcing new Iron Man stuff at all. I do, however, think they need to lay off the announcements for awhile and show the goods...

I'm very interested in the quarter-scale stuff. Imaginative Play are intruiging me too with their 1/4 Die-Cast announcement...it's a good time to be a collector! :)

Last edited:
So you guys are telling me this is not the Die Cast line? 3 ****ing lines now? Wow, can't take much more of this.

It could also mean a lower price-point. Perhaps they're trying to take on the lower-end of the market too? Either way, I think this is great news.

I'd love to be able to buy HT products at around the £100 mark and make good looking shelves.

Ha ha ha

:cuckoo:

Is this the first time you hear about Hot Toys?

we should all be aware of the Hot Toys Model by now they focus on the figures that have movies coming out in the upcoming year I don't think we could expect any company to do other wise its just not good business sense I did last year with the crazy Avengers figures they were making and the will repeat the process this year with all the comic book movies coming out this summer.

Other figures not related to figures coming out this year can be expected to be put on the back burner as there is no great business need to release them.

So you can expect more of these types of release focusing on the more current movie line up that will included Iron Man 3 , Man of Steel , GI Joe , Lone Ranger

I don't think the have announced any others as of yet so we will see I don't think they would wolverine with out a figure although the have yet to formally announce anything maybe when the trailer hits.

we should all be aware of the Hot Toys Model by now they focus on the figures that have movies coming out in the upcoming year I don't think we could expect any company to do other wise its just not good business sense I did last year with the crazy Avengers figures they were making and the will repeat the process this year with all the comic book movies coming out this summer.

And the next summer, and the summer after that, and the summer after that. Anyone looking for non-superhero characters or superhero characters that are from older films (Batman Returns) or that they missed the boat on (X-men First Class) like will be thrown the odd bone every now and again.

Thanks, but no thanks. The Iron Man MMS line is going to be the only 1/6 HT figures I'm buying.

"fans have been awaiting the Mark XLII collectible for long"
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It seems Hot Toys now wants a bite of the market that Koto dominates with their kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back