Hot Toys: PPS: Iron Man Power Pose Series Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure no matter how many line/type colletibles HT make for IM (MMS, PPS, Die-Cast), people will keep buying.

And if other company try to beat them in IM product, they sure will counter them...same thing goes for HoA, Die-Cast & 1/4 scale IM.

They even did the Milk WM & Metal Grey IM just to show that they surpass even Tony Stark himself:lol:lol:lol

Did anyone else notice this in the fine print:

** using Hot Toys patented fading crotch paint so the statue blends seamlessly with your pink Iron Men MMS figures

yah...not interested.
i feel the same about the die cast line as well.

Just what exactly is Power Pose supposed to be?

I'm thinking they're including extra arms and legs in pre-posed positions in order to do away with unsightly joints, which is exactly what I suggested they do on their Hulk figure, too bad they didn't go with that option at the time. Maybe they'll do it for the inevitable Avengers 2 Hulk?

Maybe it's more of a statue with optional additional limbs in new positions like a Kotobukiya Clone statue?
:dunno

I like your Hulk idea. Too bad it didnt happen that way.

HOT TOYS...a subsidiary of Stark Industries

:lecture

if you want "power pose" buy youself the kotus ironman mark vii and save yourself some usd or euros...although i admit i will wait to see that hot toys toy too!

I like your Hulk idea. Too bad it didnt happen that way.

Agree about the Hulk. And they already kind of started doing this with the Mark VII - those extra forearms with the wrist rockets open. I cannot understand why they didn't give us another pair of sculpted forearms with the hands in the repulsor position :dunno I would get FAR more use out of those than the forearms we got, which will likely never be displayed.

whats next------make em talk series
just do a dx mark iii..............................................dx blade

If these statues have the same quality head sculpts as thier 1/6 human figures, I will be all over this line. Unfortunately they started this with iron man, which likeness is not so much an issue for the armors.
But image for star wars? I would much prefer a 1/6 statue of Bespin luke with a great headsculpt, or 1/6 han solo statue. Even statues of Metal gear characters. Prefer the sculpted statues over cloth figures anyway, but the reason I collected Hot Toys figures was because of the headsculpts. This is exciting news.

why would i buy this when I can pose the 1/6 figure the same way...

Power pose aka any other scaled statue but with one moveable area? LOL

$300 price tag hoooooooooo!!!

Well I wasn't sure until the full reveal a few minutes ago that this was a statue....a statue with swap out parts....no thanks...Besides the fact that this Mark will see maybe 5 to 10 minutes of screen time anyway...:pfft:

This line is going to die quickly I think, especially with a high price tag.

Well, I guess this can officially go to the statue section, then? I can't say I understand the point of this as a move for their company. And I don't understand how this is more expensive than their figures. Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back