Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing a second head could be a repainted BR sculpt. If it follows recent reissues it's going to be mostly a rehash with (maybe) a minor accesory or two.

Im with you on that!

:yess:

I want an angry hit-me face.

I think out of all the ideas thrown around this is more likely what were apt to see. Basically a "hit me" Joker figure.

I'm guessing a second head could be a repainted BR sculpt. If it follows recent reissues it's going to be mostly a rehash with (maybe) a minor accesory or two.

How many literal "re-issues" have they had? The Mark 1 is the only one I can think of. Yeah, they have the Classic Predator and the TF BB but the Pred was from a different movie and the TF is meant to be the "First Night Out" figure.So I guess both have some sort of credibility to be an all new figure. The Mark 1 is the only one besides the Joker to have the 2.0 title, right?

How many literal "re-issues" have they had? The Mark 1 is the only one I can think of. Yeah, they have the Classic Predator and the TF BB but the Pred was from a different movie and the TF is meant to be the "First Night Out" figure.So I guess both have some sort of credibility to be an all new figure. The Mark 1 is the only one besides the Joker to have the 2.0 title, right?

Tumbler and Batpod are both full reissues. TF Begins Batman was a reissue with a headsculpt and a harness.

SnakeDoc

Tumbler and Batpod are both full reissues. TF Begins Batman was a reissue with a headsculpt and a harness.

SnakeDoc

The vehicles were a re-issue. But the TF wasn't a 2.0. Yeah, it's mostly reused parts but enough there to justify a new figure. I'm talking about something they are actually calling a re-issue. Judging by pics what is different from the original Mark 1 and the 2.0? I don't own any Iron Man figures. Aren't they completely redoing the whole thing?

I think that we're already past the point of a straight re-issue when one of the tailors has already said that the DX 2.0 clothing is some of HT's best work (it's in this thread somewhere).

I don't think Joker 2.0 will be a straight re-issue ... it'll be an augmented reissue, similar to the Bruce Wayne/Begins TF Excl.

Mostly the DX ... or maybe a DX BR combo. Couple of new accessories -- shotgun, rocket launcher, and the machine gun that came with the BR. Maybe remove the grenade rig, and add a reworked/repainted headsculpt.

It'll be the same basic Joker, maybe just tailored to a different scene in the movie. I don't think they'll do a bottom-up re-work of Ledger's Joker, though

SnakeDoc

I think that we're already past the point of a straight re-issue when one of the tailors has already said that the DX 2.0 clothing is some of HT's best work (it's in this thread somewhere).

I thought that was just a rumor and that it wasn't even confirmed to be the Joker of which was spoken about. I'd like to read that.

Yeah, pretty much you're right. IM Mk II AU was reworked a fair amount plus a new paint app & a new sculpt. I think the City Hunter Pred is a re-release with a new paint app, and HT also announced reissues of T-800 Endos, albeit with a shiny new paint job, similar to Caps' shield from the looks of it.

My basic point is that I wouldn't expect a whole lot in terms of major upgrades from these 2.0 figures. IM MK I is the same with a new paint job, a new base & a fire attachment for the arm. Not sure about a new head sculpt. It's probably fair to set expectations based on that figure moving forward until we see some specs & pics when it's announced. It seems this is another case of "missed it the first time? Here's your second chance to own one" type of thing.

Hell forget DX 2.0 Joker and Batman Returns, Hot Toys will be lucky if they can get a Bane, Catwoman and Batman out in time for when the DVD hits next holiday season.

When you say "next" holiday season what do you mean? "Next" as in 'next year' - 2013? Or "Next" as in this coming holiday season?

I genuinely don't know.

As I've said before, I host a movie party each year, and fully intend to have TDKR December 2012. Are you saying this wont happen?

I think you guys are forgetting how bare bones most of these DX releases have been. There haven't been too many alternate heads or clothes. In fact with the DX line you get less bang for your buck now.

If this Joker release is like the Nicholson Joker and is just an update of the regular purple outfit then I'd be happy with the following.

- Smiling head (with a lighter yellow/green hair)

- better tailored, more accurate outfit
- brighter purple coat
- orange lining
- blue sports coat

- knife shoe
- RPG
- pipe/bar
- snub pistol
- Remington sawed off shot gun
- detonators

- regular hands (for the interrogation stuff)
- gloved hands

That's a pretty definitive release, I'd be happy. It would cover accessories and weapons that haven't been done, a head sculpt that Hot Toys haven't given us all while being along the lines of their Nicholson Joker, '89 Batman, Jack Sparrow and T-800.

Sounds good to me. I'm even up for the smiling headsculpt. Just don't want a laughing sculpt.

Yeah I meant this holiday season. I don't know why I said "next". Maybe to make it seem more dramatic for a longer wait? I dunno. :lol

Still a while off.

When you say "next" holiday season what do you mean? "Next" as in 'next year' - 2013? Or "Next" as in this coming holiday season?

I genuinely don't know.

As I've said before, I host a movie party each year, and fully intend to have TDKR December 2012. Are you saying this wont happen?

Sounds good to me. I'm even up for the smiling headsculpt. Just don't want a laughing sculpt.

Thats cool the host a movie party every year... Do you do it around the holidays then? Like what kind of movies do you show?

I always host a horror movie marathon in October around Halloween but Ive been thinking about hosting another around the holidays of other movies too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

joke.jpg

What the hell happened to his hair? Looks like a member of A Flock of Seagulls took up miming.

He needs to come with a mountain of money that can be lit on fire and have him slide down. Also need his pencil for his magic trick. And a skewer of food and glass of champagne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back