Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whenever these upcoming Hot Toys Batman products are shown you can bet they won't be available in hand until next year.

So either way you're looking at least a 6 month wait before any of these announcements are available. Sure there might be specs/pics and preorders but it's all a moot point with everything Hot Toys' has on their plate right now.

Hell forget DX 2.0 Joker and Batman Returns, Hot Toys will be lucky if they can get a Bane, Catwoman and Batman out in time for when the DVD hits next holiday season.

Avengers DVD is coming out in like Septemeber or something crazy. Batman might come out Thanksgiving. The theatrical-to-DVD window has shortened to 4 months. :google

Do Hot Toys ever release stuff to coincide with anniversaries? Because it would be 5 years since Dark Knight was released next summer....clutching....at.....straws....desperate...for...this...figure:impatient:

I'll be happy if they just use a fabric like they did on the DX08 jacket.

This is what I was thinking just the other day. It's perfect.

If they made the lining orange and made the purple coat a little lighter and the same fabric as Nicholson Joker it would make a great bookend piece to the DX 09.

That orange lining in the jacket would do it. Joker needs that little bit of orange to him with the purple and green to really make him pop. Ever since the V1 Joker I've always felt they could have brightened up the pallet a bit on their Joker figures. Everything from the coat and the hair is just too dark. I'd love to see a blue tinted sports coat too as opposed to the gray one they keep using.

I'd love to see a smile too. They proved they could handle it with Nicholson. Brighten up the clothes, improve the tailoring and give him a smiling portrait and I think you have the ideal improvement.

I agree with everything you say, except the smiling sculpt. If they include a smiling sculpt I'd rather it be a second head, not the only one we get. Now that would be nice. A regular scowl/neutral expression and smiley expression. Regardless of the issues the DX01 has, the 2.0 has a lot to live up to. The DX01 was a nice package with loads of accessories, clothes etc. What is this one going to have?? I really don't think we're going to see another double outfit. I know some people think we're getting a straight re-issue with the Honor Guard outfit. I don't know.

This is what I was thinking just the other day. It's perfect.

I agree with everything you say, except the smiling sculpt. If they include a smiling sculpt I'd rather it be a second head, not the only one we get. Now that would be nice. A regular scowl/neutral expression and smiley expression. Regardless of the issues the DX01 has, the 2.0 has a lot to live up to. The DX01 was a nice package with loads of accessories, clothes etc. What is this one going to have?? I really don't think we're going to see another double outfit. I know some people think we're getting a straight re-issue with the Honor Guard outfit. I don't know.

The second outfit is questionable if we get one or not.

But I think if they decided to exclude the second outfit I would at least expect a second headsculpt considering this may be the final time HT visits this Joker.

But again, they said that with the DX01 the first time

The second outfit is questionable if we get one or not.

But I think if they decided to exclude the second outfit I would at least expect a second headsculpt considering this may be the final time HT visits this Joker.

But again, they said that with the DX01 the first time

:lol Indeed they did. I don't think we'll get a second outfit, having said that, a second sculpt is a must.

Hopefully we'll see this very soon- and release by end of year...

I just had a thought. What if there was lost footage of Ledger? What if there was footage of Ledger going ape sh** crazy in a straight jacket in Arkham. I would totaly go for a straight jacket Joker.

I think you guys are forgetting how bare bones most of these DX releases have been. There haven't been too many alternate heads or clothes. In fact with the DX line you get less bang for your buck now.

If this Joker release is like the Nicholson Joker and is just an update of the regular purple outfit then I'd be happy with the following.

- Smiling head (with a lighter yellow/green hair)

- better tailored, more accurate outfit
- brighter purple coat
- orange lining
- blue sports coat

- knife shoe
- RPG
- pipe/bar
- snub pistol
- Remington sawed off shot gun
- detonators

- regular hands (for the interrogation stuff)
- gloved hands

That's a pretty definitive release, I'd be happy. It would cover accessories and weapons that haven't been done, a head sculpt that Hot Toys haven't given us all while being along the lines of their Nicholson Joker, '89 Batman, Jack Sparrow and T-800.

Last edited:
I think you guys are forgetting how bare bones most of these DX releases have been. There haven't been too many alternate heads or clothes. In fact with the DX line you get less bang for your buck now.

If this Joker release is like the Nicholson Joker and is just an update of the regular purple outfit then I'd be happy with the following.

- brighter purple coat
- orange lining
- blue sports coat

- knife shoe
- RPG
- pipe/bar
- snub pistol
- detonators

- gloved hands

That's a pretty definitive release, I'd be happy. It would covering accessories and weapons that haven't been done, a head sculpt that Hot Toys haven't given us all while being along the lines of their Nicholson Joker, '89 Batman, Jack Sparrow and T-800.

Yeah, this or GTFO HT :lecture

- brighter purple coat
- orange lining
- blue sports coat

- knife shoe
- RPG
- pipe/bar
- snub pistol
- detonators

- gloved hands

That's a pretty definitive release, I'd be happy. It would cover accessories and weapons that haven't been done, a head sculpt that Hot Toys haven't given us all while being along the lines of their Nicholson Joker, '89 Batman, Jack Sparrow and T-800.

I would be happy if we got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back