1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Nooooo why do I have to be broke !!!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

any chance we will see Queen Padme Amidala? I really want to complete the trio "Padme, Leia, Rey"

Incredible looking set. Someone mentioned earlier that his face might be too wide - I dunno but I wouldn't be surprised - it's a Hot Toys trademark. DX13 has a great facial resemblance to Arnie but the head is too wide, so this might likewise look like McGregor but be too wide.

I really love the swishing lightsaber effect, ingenious idea.

And the production piece will probably look like he had his face too close to a bonfire [emoji6] ...but looks great though.

That’s easily fixable provided that his belt is removable . I think it just needs to be stripped down like RO Vader and the clothes refitted. Made a huge difference with Vader IMO
Is that easy to do? I never alter my figures like that out of fear of damaging them, I'm more of a 'display out of box' kind of guy. I modded a figure once when my ANH Vader's belt ripped and it didnt turn out great.

Hopefully I'm not the only one that thinks Obi looks a little chunky on his upper half. The robe hides it well but I dont plan on displaying him with it on. I wonder why Anakin didn't have that same problem, considering they're wearing such similar outfits.

$275 for the Deluxe... this is getting much more expansive than I thought for this doll collecting hobby

:gah:

Nooooo why do I have to be broke !!!

$275 for the Deluxe... this is getting much more expansive than I thought for this doll collecting hobby

:gah:

I can relate. I really do want this figure, as I've always stated that the only two PT figures I want in my collection are RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, but this release couldn't have come at a worse time for me. I have an M1 Carbine that I want to restore back to working order as well, so I kind of also want to set the money aside for that. This guy might have to take a backseat for now, as I'm leaning towards doing that first.

This thing is likely a year away, plenty of time to save.

I wonder if Darth Sidious and Yoda are the next fighting duo we will see?

Hard to imagine them adding Darth Maul right away given the two they started with.

Or perhaps Count Dooku vs Yoda, as we got a sneak peek at him already?

Then up next Maul vs young Obi vs Qui Gonn!

Speaking of Yoda vs Dooku - reminded me of those silly AotC commercials...

Who da man? Yo da man!

Truly awful :lol

I can relate. I really do want this figure, as I've always stated that the only two PT figures I want in my collection are RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, but this release couldn't have come at a worse time for me. I have an M1 Carbine that I want to restore back to working order as well, so I kind of also want to set the money aside for that. This guy might have to take a backseat for now, as I'm leaning towards doing that first.

Well...we all have priorities. I'll let you know how he is in 12 to 14 months.

Not my cup of tea ..Padawan Anakin ..his outfit looked to big on him for some reason in AOTC . Glad HT did the ROTS first

I wouldn’t mind TPM Obi-Wan .. he looked better with the pony tail

But a HT Darth Maul that has to happen

I’ll take all versions of Obi-Wan they make. And for Maul I’m just curious how they best SS’s. For once they set the bar high...except for the cloak.

Sideshow needs to produce a sixth-scale Eopie. They are always great with the creatures....and the eopie could work with ROTS Obi-Wan or...do we hope..TPM Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan's gotta carry that baby in on something.... :)

Not my cup of tea ..Padawan Anakin ..his outfit looked to big on him for some reason in AOTC . Glad HT did the ROTS first

I wouldn’t mind TPM Obi-Wan .. he looked better with the pony tail

But a HT Darth Maul that has to happen

They started with ROTS for Prequels, many interesting characters still waiting in line. I would say most potential could be General Grievous, Yoda vs Darth Sidious, High Council members...and inevitable Padme (variant version)

Maul is a must, but hes in Ep1..how long will HT reach to him ?

HT does seem to stick with a particular movie for a while. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku is just the beginning.

General Grievous, Yoda, Sidious, more Red Guards, Commander Cody, and of course the endless rainbow of troopers.

I think we'll be here a while.

But again, its all up to sales. HT has put the two biggest out first. We'll see how deep HT goes by how sales go for characters other than the two leads.

Got $100 in RP. Looking like they will be applied to the deluxe.

Man I hope they don't waste resources on a prequel Yoda. If you want that buy the sideshow deluxe. Top notch HT Anakin and Obi Wan is understandable. But too many desirable OT figures still to make to be doing porcelain Stormies, cartoon boba, and 2nd/3rd tier prequel stuff that folks suddenly have the cajones to ask for.

I’ll take all versions of Obi-Wan they make. And for Maul I’m just curious how they best SS’s. For once they set the bar high...except for the cloak.

HT doesn’t have to do much to outshine SSC maul

TT >>> SS body

No contest

I wonder if Darth Sidious and Yoda are the next fighting duo we will see?

I really hope so. I know I’m in the minority here but I truly feel like the emperor is one of the few characters in ROTS makes you look at him so much differently in the OT. Or it did for me anyways... he’s my most wanted character from PT now even though we are getting OT one already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back