Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has flex payment plans and good replacement part customer service. BBTS has shipping cost of $4 while Sideshow is nearly $20, and I'm not sure how their replacement part service is.

Sideshow has reward points while BBTS does not, so it evens out the shipping cost in the long run, but I'd rather have savings right now than later down the line.

I see. Doesn't Sideshow ship earlier as well?

We've got Popcultcha down here and I'd say they've got a pretty fair reward point system. They also add the shipping price to the figure (usually 20-25 USD) which balances out considering they ship for free (over a $100 or something).

Any chance BBTS will have any for stock after they start shipping? Does that ever happen if the pre-order sells out?

I really want to wait on the inevitable "sith" version but it's getting difficult with all the pics in the thread. :)

I've seen them have stock before after release; but not a guarantee. Best to check there over and over. I'm sure at least one shop around will have some extra.

Sorry for being deviant but what are the pros from ordering from BBTS? I see that there's a big onus on getting it from them considering the new and popular releases are always sold out. Is price the big factor?

Price is the same; except I'm in California and have to pay sales tax and shipping. BBTS is $4 shipping for one item or a bunch of items using their pile loot system. Next time I ship I'll have 3 Hot Toys and a few other toys in the box and still just $4.

If you're in CA Sideshow kinda sucks with Sales tax and shipping. Hard to beat BBTS even with reward points. I think in the long run, you probably make up the lack of reward points in what you save on ST and shipping through BBTS.

IMG-20180417-WA0002.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Wasn’t his fault. Seeing him in other movies, you realize he can act. But the real tell was all the power house actors who also sucked in the PT ie Natalie Portman, Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee.

There was only one common denominator, GL.

And just when you thought a weak plot and bad acting direction was as bad as it gets...TLJ happened :ohbfrank:

Sorry for being OT.

Yet the old and or middle aged folks insist that that the original trilogy had great writing but the prequels are crap when the same guy is responsible for all of it.

Though that may have been the style George was aiming for.

Correct. George was going for Shakespearean space opera, in deliberate contrast to the more down-and-dirty action of the OT.

That’s what Lucas wanted out of him so he kept the takes that McDiarmid thought were silly and unusable.

giphy.gif

Yet the old and or middle aged folks insist that that the original trilogy had great writing but the prequels are crap when the same guy is responsible for all of it.

The great writing in the OT wasn't down to Lucas. Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz wrote a lot of the good dialogue from A New Hope as the original stuff from George was flat. George had the overall vision but the smaller stuff that we love, the humour, the sassiness, was largely due to other people. Hell... even the kind of character Leia was was due to discussions with other people as that's not how George originally saw the character. George at least had the foresight to see this and get those people involved. You then need to look at things such as the 'Jabba's Palace has Got Talent' that was added into ROTJ when George got to redo things how he wanted. Those things weren't always for the best. GL had unbelievable vision and a passion for the Star Wars universe. It wouldn't exist without him... but I don't think he was a particularly good writer. Especially of dialogue.

Agreed. The original trilogy was a collaborative effort on most everything including dialogue, script writing, story elements, story arc. He wrote the overall outline and themes which were great. He didn’t direct Empire or Jedi for the most part because he was busy building Lucasfilm so he didn’t have time to do any of that stuff. So you had other people’s input and decisions on many different levels of the development of the films. Much better story telling and movies. Not spectacular award winning movies but still good.

The prequels George created in a vacuum. He had producers telling him things were great all the time but everything was his. No one questioned Georges vision because he was George. Written, directed, produced, and edited by George. No collaborations aside from the designs that he approved.

Visually the prequels were beautiful. Beautiful sets, costumes, locations, props but and a good overall outline and themes but the dialog suffered from Georges writing.

Allegedly, Ron Howard was approached to direct Episode One. That would have been a better outcome, George in charge of writing the PT then passing it to other directors. Disney should have been using his stories too instead of making it up as they go along.

Many other people were involved with the OT. Lucas was young and it seemed like he was willing to take the help - or the studio forced him to take it. They aren't the greatest movies ever made, but they are fun and have endured. I've always felt that for the PT Lucas wanted to do it all and he was at the point in his career where no one was willing to tell him no. Lucas is a great visionary but I think it works best when he lets others have a hand in realizing that vision.

I look at Empire Strikes Back... Written by Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett, produced by Gary Kurtz and directed by Irvin Kershner. Story by George. Brackett did the original screenplay before her death and Kasdan took it over from George and reworked it. George has the overall vision but everything else about that film and how it was delivered was from other very good people. Funny how the input of women into the OT gave us so much of what we know and love about it, with writing from Katz and Brackett and even George's wife, Marcia, winning an oscar for her work, along with two others, in editing ANH.

Allegedly, Ron Howard was approached to direct Episode One. That would have been a better outcome, George in charge of writing the PT then passing it to other directors. Disney should have been using his stories too instead of making it up as they go along.

I look at how things are going with the movies now in the ST and the thing that sticks out for me is that a complete three movie arc wasn't written and agreed before they started. At least it doesn't appear to be. George having an overall input early on (maybe) and first draft of how he saw things which then could have been refined into a full arc, which each director could have taken forward. Regardless of whether I liked Rian Johnson's film making, I can't comprehend JJ Abrams having to now work with the story from this point if he (or Disney/Lucasfilm as a whole) wasn't fully aware of where the story would be and what characters he would have to work with.

I was driving to work this morning and saw the notification :D so excited.

Does Sideshow typically ship ground? 5 business days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back