Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys pay the same shipping as the us buyers but get air shipment vs ground shipping for us customers?

Just woke up to my shipping notification...arrives today! We pay $35 shipping to Canada (crazy) but at the same time it arrives in less than 24 hrs. Always fun to watch the tracking too :impatient:

Just woke up to my shipping notification...arrives today! We pay $35 shipping to Canada (crazy) but at the same time it arrives in less than 24 hrs. Always fun to watch the tracking too :impatient:

Yeah it’s crazy. Unfortunately the shipping costs plus the import fees make it at least $50 more expensive than ordering from Canadian retailers. I’m back to preordering through Toys2 because of it. I liked being able to wait until I could see final product shots before ordering through Sideshow, can’t do that with other retailers because they mostly presell out.

Also got my shipping notice this morning from Sideshow. Gonna be a busy week! Have an Execution Trooper, Squad Leader Trooper and Anakin all coming this week!

Not in stock yet at the usual Ebay HK stores. Is Sideshow getting stuff in before those HK sellers a first?

$19.50 to ship to New Jersey, and it won't be here until Monday.

ROTJ Luke is the only other figure I have on preorder with Sideshow. I'm going to just find a figure to use my remaining ($80ish) reward points on and move over to BBTS for everything moving forward. I've been going with Sideshow solely because the flex payments are more convenient when paying off multiple figures at once, and getting figures a little sooner is nice, but all that be damned. $20 for shipping to take a week on a package that weighs 4 pounds is uncivilized.

ROTJ Luke is the only other figure I have on preorder with Sideshow. I'm going to just find a figure to use my remaining ($80ish) reward points on and move over to BBTS for everything moving forward. I've been going with Sideshow solely because the flex payments are more convenient when paying off multiple figures at once, and getting figures a little sooner is nice, but all that be damned. $20 for shipping to take a week on a package that weighs 4 pounds is uncivilized.

That's highway robbery. Surely, they have a business account and get way better rates. Something's definitely wrong with that picture.

Yeah, Sideshow’s shipping is absurd for sure.

couldn't have said it better myself. Check out AlterEgo comics also.

As much as SSC's shipping must be a pain for people in the US, here for me in the UK I still do most of my ordering through them. Even with the shipping price to the UK and the Import Duty it balances out to roughly the same as buying from a UK seller. And I still don't have my Hoth Leia as it's a UK seller for that one. Flex payments and quicker figures (along with rewards points and bonus discount codes) still keep SSC just ahead for pre-orders.

I still don’t understand why we didn’t get a Sith eyes portrait with this piece. It’s literally the EXACT same figure with Sith eyes. Just strange they didn’t include it. I suspect either HT has no intention of giving us Sith Anakin or they’ll release him as a special edition. What’s everyone else think?

Not in stock yet at the usual Ebay HK stores. Is Sideshow getting stuff in before those HK sellers a first?

Funny you mention it I also bought overseas an nothing yet. [emoji20]
I guess I won't buying from overseas anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don’t understand why we didn’t get a Sith eyes portrait with this piece. It’s literally the EXACT same figure with Sith eyes. Just strange they didn’t include it. I suspect either HT has no intention of giving us Sith Anakin or they’ll release him as a special edition. What’s everyone else think?

SDCC Ex with Sith eyes, burnt clothes and special base. Or a SDCC 2019/2020 2 pack with Obi and burnt clothes and a special base.

Doesn't Anakin have those Sith eyes only in that one shot when he's looking at the camera when attacking the Separatist leaders? One shot. After that, those eyes return when he's lost his remaining limbs and is shouting at Obi-Wan. Strange that the look has become so iconic for people with so little screen time.

Doesn't Anakin have those Sith eyes only in that one shot when he's looking at the camera when attacking the Separatist leaders? One shot. After that, those eyes return when he's lost his remaining limbs and is shouting at Obi-Wan. Strange that the look has become so iconic for people with so little screen time.

This is a fandom where they have races dressed up as a guy in an orange jumpsuit running around with an ice-cream maker. It doesn't take much for something to be iconic in Star Wars:lol

But seriously, the Sith eyes are just a nice visual to really drive home the fact that Anakin is definitely not a Jedi anymore. That's why I preferred it, myself.

Back