Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the DX07 belt I made for my custom Luke. You can see the Jedi belt is wider and the buckle is bigger.
884db2b64310226f24745a1af37ece67.jpg

8c9db5ba77279c65dd88c6ac5c6ca082.jpg

You’re looking at this from a US perspective. My guess is most sellers commanding that price are from Asia and getting that price from international buyers, and they had the figure available before Sideshow.

For some people that might not be that big a price hike. They might be looking at the retail price from Sideshow, plus international shipping, then having to pay 20% taxes on both, and looking at something closer to $350, so they’re willing to pay the extra surcharge to get it earlier.

Just order from Sideshow and forget about it. They have a rewards program so you have to subtract the $11 you get there to make yourself feel less bad about the high shipping. You don’t want to mess around with his figure. It’s a must have.

Those sellers on the 'Bay can suck it is my main point. Everything you said makes sense I guess. But these figures aren't worth over $300 no matter what...except the Deluxe Palpatine. That's my own personal exception. 😎

I don't want to order from sideshow 'cause it's loo late for that. I preodered my Anakin figure from Sideshow on May 3rd (waaaay late I know, I just started collecting HT SW figures) and who the hell knows when he'll arrive????

If I preorder Luke from them now I'll be waiting till the end of the year almost guaranteed to get him. What if I find a better deal before then? I lose $23 on the NRD? Screw dat noise bromaggedon 😐😐😐 (jk)

I know it's partially my own fault for getting into collecting these figures so late, when they've been available for preorder almost a year in advance (I didn't know darn it!!! I didn't know!!!!). That's why I'll be preordering Dooku next month, not next year lol.

..why are all my uploaded pictures so blurry now?? Ehh..
Anyway, Cocoboloboy has got me wanting a skiff railing/floor. That would have been a much more awesome back piece than those canisters. Now I just have to figure out a way to make all that. Would have been really cool to have a few of those side by side with Luke and Boba.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why some people think Luke is too tall? He's the same height as my farmboy Luke and he's also dwarfed by my Anakin figure.
I would post pictures, but I've totally forgotten how to do it on here.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why some people think Luke is too tall? He's the same height as my farmboy Luke and he's also dwarfed by my Anakin figure.
I would post pictures, but I've totally forgotten how to do it on here.
Strange..maybe there was a mix up on the production line and different length bodies were used?

Even though i modified the neck on mine so that the head sits a couple of mm higher...the body itself is still way too tall and dwarfs farmboy luke...
View attachment 416060

Awesome shot. I like Luke holding the saber, but I may use the ss dx Vader and recreate this scene. Did you remove the fat suit? Looks great.
Thanks...and no i didn't remove the fat suit...for me the short neck was more of an issue and needed to be lengthened

Strange..maybe there was a mix up on the production line and different length bodies were used?

Even though i modified the neck on mine so that the head sits a couple of mm higher...the body itself is still way too tall and dwarfs farmboy luke...
View attachment 416060

That there is the direct effect of blue milk :lol

Hobo Luke must be even taller !

Why the funk would that happen?
My package took a visit to Compton on the 30th.....RIP Luke. Not getting it now. Compton CA is a very infamous violent and crime-ridden city. Just check out the reviews for that UPS there where it talks about the janitors putting packages in trash cans to move them out of the place.
Looks like you are posting from a phone. Not sure which one, but perhaps you can change the setting on the quality of a screen shot taken from the phone ?
Thanks, but it's not my phone. The picture quality is great on my phone, and they were being uploaded on the site just fine up until recently when they started looking low-res on the site. Maybe the phone changed a setting to when a picture is uploaded on the site, it loses 98% of its quality.

Can you go into more detail

There's a tiny peg on the inside of the saber hilt(circled) that plugs into the glove.

A spot of glue holds it in place..but with a little rocking back and forth and the help of a small screw driver it pops out easy..

Just be gentle as you go as the wire for the electronics is beside it...
View attachment 416091

View attachment 416060

Thanks...and no i didn't remove the fat suit...for me the short neck was more of an issue and needed to be lengthened

My figure is not that tall. I do have one from the Sideshow batch. How do I post a picture to show you?

My figure is not that tall. I do have one from the Sideshow batch. How do I post a picture to show you?

When you reply there is a small icon bar above. Pic the one third from the right (small picture frame). Then select from my computer and upload it. It may take a few seconds, depending on your internet speed. Then it will be added to your post.

Easy !!

Back