Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke was always my favorite character, with vader second, han maybe 3rd.

But there will be no luke in 9 unless they cgi him, hamill said he is not coming back period. He and RJ did not have a good relationship kind of like RJ and the fans, so any excitement he had for the project is nil at this point, just like the fans in large part.

Also contacted the place i ordered from and they say they will not have them till ship to august, hoping they got that date wrong......

father luke [emoji38]
Hot Toys have kindly given us the option of a Village of the Damned version of Mark.
4aae3ad51663900d1812228bb84862ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

But there will be no luke in 9 unless they cgi him, hamill said he is not coming back period. He and RJ did not have a good relationship kind of like RJ and the fans, so any excitement he had for the project is nil at this point, just like the fans in large part.

Also contacted the place i ordered from and they say they will not have them till ship to august, hoping they got that date wrong......

I don’t recall seeing anything that indicated Hamill and Johnson’s relationship was strained. I know Hamill wasn’t 100% on board with how Luke was handled, but aside from that, I’ve never seen Hamill say anything about them having difficulty. Besides, Johnson isn’t directing IX anyway.

Do Sideshow put packages into another box or do they send them just with shipper box?

Do Sideshow put packages into another box or do they send them just with shipper box?
Just the shipper box. This is the downside when ordering directly from them. So don't be surprised if there's some damage on the figure box. Mine seem to always have a smashed-up bottom left corner. Also..pray the box doesn't get rained on!

I hadn't seen that Hoth Luke on the far left bottom or the top right Medal Ceremony Luke. Are these customs or some other company? (I'm new to collecting Hot Toys!) Maybe top row is Hot Toys and bottom is Sideshow?

Are the head sculpts for ANH Luke, Stormtrooper and X-wing Luke all the same? Great collection, I'm very envious.

I hadn't seen that Hoth Luke on the far left bottom or the top right Medal Ceremony Luke. Are these customs or some other company? (I'm new to collecting Hot Toys!) Maybe top row is Hot Toys and bottom is Sideshow?

Are the head sculpts for ANH Luke, Stormtrooper and X-wing Luke all the same? Great collection, I'm very envious.

Yes. Those are mine. Essentially kit bashes using parts from different figures. The Hoth Luke is the Sideshow version with the HT DX07 body and head. The Ceremonial Luke is also Sideshow Yavin clothing for the most part, Jacket, shirt, belt, blaster with HT ANH body and Stormtrooper Luke Head. I used HT Han boots, and Medicom UU Endor Han pants.

The X-Wing Luke is the Sideshow outfit on the HT ANH body with head. I wanted to be able to take off the hair to put the helmet on. Works really well.

Thank you

Did Hamill actually say this? I don’t remember seeing it anywhere.

582086da9ed43294bf2a9e5319fbe35f.jpg

aad2806682694087f431aec376aa99e3.jpg

1b5cd1d67b7b627cab3db01a47faa972.jpg

61d9871ef01182bd1e5d3de776426024.jpg

537bcae775c4fda5955203099a85f2ee.jpg

72723624ad023203abf0f6ee94666143.jpg

07a52adcf5a2413325d0a5994f3ece03.jpg

I have two Jedi Lukes coming. One I’ll display next to ROTJ Fett in Sail barge attire and one I’ll display in front of the emperor when I get him.

Hoping they put out a preorder for the Endor version so I can display that one with my SSC scout trooper and eventual Endor Leia.

Did Hamill actually say this? I don’t remember seeing it anywhere.

Yeah he was quoted as saying he didn’t like RJ making Luke Skywalker into a Hobo who sat around on a deserted island eating BBQ Porg and guzzling space sea cow milk. Who only cares about himself and refuses to help damsels in distress.

ecfe8213e25602c738c767c6fcc856ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yes he has said that.

As for hamill never said anything? well it is reading between the lines and marks facial expressions when they did interviews and etc together. Heck look at the red carpet clips of mark he was doing handstands to not praise the film talking around the questions.

Look at it like this when factoring JJ in mark gets tapped, he get all hyped up, works out to drop a few pounds to reprise his old role, goes to filming for JJ all ready to work and all he gets is a static shot for a few seaconds of screen time, which he has joked about, then RJ shows up give hamill a script that make him go wtf, tells RJ wtf, RJ tells him shut up and take the paycheck now dance for me monkey. Has him toss his fathers saber away, for lulz, makes him milk a sea cow, makes him try to kill his nephew, makes him reys student rather than luke teaching her to be a fing jedi.

We really think mark is going to come straight out and call RJ an ahole?

And after those 2 films why would hamill want anything to do with this? Not like he needs the sheckles, he has been working quite a bit the last few years with appearances on the flash, still doing voice work, and doing acting and mocap for star citizen, guys been too busy to participate in the destruction of star wars.

Hot Toys have kindly given us the option of a Village of the Damned version of Mark.
4aae3ad51663900d1812228bb84862ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:lol :exactly:

That really is what he looked like with that white paper around his neck.

Great pics!! :rock

Thanks! :duff

I don’t recall seeing anything that indicated Hamill and Johnson’s relationship was strained. I know Hamill wasn’t 100% on board with how Luke was handled, but aside from that, I’ve never seen Hamill say anything about them having difficulty. Besides, Johnson isn’t directing IX anyway.

I don’t recall reading anything like this either, then again, I don’t really look for these types of articles, so I don’t know who said what. However, from what I did read, for some reason I vaguely recall Mark staying that he hoped to come back in IX as a Force Ghost. Not sure how accurate that is or not.

And after those 2 films why would hamill want anything to do with this? Not like he needs the sheckles, he has been working quite a bit the last few years with appearances on the flash, still doing voice work, and doing acting and mocap for star citizen, guys been too busy to participate in the destruction of star wars.

5daa185f82d84693ca5865e108001618.gif

https://youtu.be/0thYSeNRqi0

At the very end he says it’s tarnished. He does t care anymore because they have killed off Han and Luke...they aren’t getting the band back together so basically why care. The video is cut up so things can be taken out of context but every time I hear an interview with him you can see him take shots at the decisions made. It’s like he tries to hold the company line but his displeasure leaks out in comments.

https://youtu.be/0thYSeNRqi0

At the very end he says it’s tarnished. He does t care anymore because they have killed off Han and Luke...they aren’t getting the band back together so basically why care. The video is cut up so things can be taken out of context but every time I hear an interview with him you can see him take shots at the decisions made. It’s like he tries to hold the company line but his displeasure leaks out in comments.

Yeah, pretty heavily edited. I saw many of those interviews in full, and these snippets don’t capture the full context of the quotes. This article is about one of the panels at SXSW, and they seem to have a good relationship, despite Mark Hamill being let down about his wish fulfillment for the character: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/mark-hamill-on-skywalker-disagreements-fear-of-starring-in-a-new-star-wars-film/

Although very interesting to watch RJ's reaction a lot of the time. He knows he's done what he's done. Best was when they ask what Hamill first reaction was after he read the script. I think that says it all. He was obviously not happy. And that's the first gut reaction which most of us had.

Anyway, can't do much about it now. I'm sure we'll see Mark as a Force Ghost in Ep9. He'll get his pay cheque and we'll probably never see him in another Star Wars film. As sad as that is.

Back