Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like maybe a luke force choke hand:

NUwnS.jpg

I dont use battery light up function, I just put there once for testing and take some photos ( 2 Death Troopers, latest 2 pack Vader with saber light up arm) then remove. Gonna do the same for upcoming Anakin and Jedi Luke

I used to think Luke was not a Light side Jedi, nor a Dark side one.

That was why he could sometimes use “darker” powers.

I thought that because of the decissions he made, not following the Jedi “manual” or “guide”.

After TheLast Jedi, this is reinforced, imho.

I thought that because of the decissions he made, not following the Jedi “manual” or “guide”.

To me Luke in TLJ is like "Vader" in TPM - related to the OT via brand association only. But yeah as to Luke in the OT, I agree with your thoughts.

There could be some great movies or TV series set between ROTJ and TFA with Luke and what he gets up to. Jedi artefacts searching etc I guess Sebastian Stan must be looking for something to do after IW and Avengers 4.

No idea how photoshopped this is, I think just the hair, but I buy it !

1462981734.jpg

Also why did Luke wear all black?

To make the audience think he went dark after discovering Vader was his father.

Lucas has said in many interviews that the colors of Luke’s outfits reflected the symbolism of his journey through maturity and the force.

First film he wore white, meaning purity and innocence. Before his knowledge of “good and evil”. White belt in Karate.

Second film, tans and browns, symbolizing him going out into the world and finding out how “dirty” or bad things really are in the universe. That comes with knowledge and a sullying or corruption of innocence. Also akin to a brown belt in Karate.

Black, grey, outfit but let’s not forget the Brown robe to symbolize his maturity of the reality of the universe and his submersion fully into the force. Brown robe shows he’s not completely jaded and darkened by the world. A glimmer of hope and perhaps still some light in him. He uses dark powers like choking in the beginning to make the audience wonder if he truly has turned evil. Not necessarily a Jedi trait but it was for us to decide who Luke had become.

The final battle shows just how easy of a decision it would have been for Luke to turn. Knowing how the world is a terrible place and not letting bitterness and resentfulness to invade your soul is a choice everyday.

I think it was a great use of symbology using color pallets to convey a message.

Bingo. :duff

Lucas has said in many interviews that the colors of Luke’s outfits reflected the symbolism of his journey through maturity and the force.

First film he wore white, meaning purity and innocence. Before his knowledge of “good and evil”. White belt in Karate.

Second film, tans and browns, symbolizing him going out into the world and finding out how “dirty” or bad things really are in the universe. That comes with knowledge and a sullying or corruption of innocence. Also akin to a brown belt in Karate.

Black, grey, outfit but let’s not forget the Brown robe to symbolize his maturity of the reality of the universe and his submersion fully into the force. Brown robe shows he’s not completely jaded and darkened by the world. A glimmer of hope and perhaps still some light in him. He uses dark powers like choking in the beginning to make the audience wonder if he truly has turned evil. Not necessarily a Jedi trait but it was for us to decide who Luke had become.

The final battle shows just how easy of a decision it would have been for Luke to turn. Knowing how the world is a terrible place and not letting bitterness and resentfulness to invade your soul is a choice everyday.

I think it was a great use of symbology using color pallets to convey a message.

Is there some reason the light up arm is not preferable? This will be my first SW figure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
The arm is mostly fixed at an angle. Like green goblin, i tried it out on obi wan but removed it right after trying it.

The light doesnt travel very well to the end of the blade, and after seeing the cold cathode mod, this feature will seem even less sensible. Also, the switch is pretty high up on the arm. If you decide to keep it on, then you run the risk of battery leakage.

If its adding money to the cost of these figures, and it doesnt look very good, then it is a feature i would rather live without.

Now if there was an option to plug the figure in, and it came with a remote, and it came with cold cathodes,(which are pretty fragile), well then it would be well worth the extra $30 or whatever they are charging for this feature.

You learn something new everyday in the world of Star Wars!! Thank you :hi5:

The arm is mostly fixed at an angle. Like green goblin, i tried it out on obi wan but removed it right after trying it.

The light doesnt travel very well to the end of the blade, and after seeing the cold cathode mod, this feature will seem even less sensible. Also, the switch is pretty high up on the arm. If you decide to keep it on, then you run the risk of battery leakage.

If its adding money to the cost of these figures, and it doesnt look very good, then it is a feature i would rather live without.

Now if there was an option to plug the figure in, and it came with a remote, and it came with cold cathodes,(which are pretty fragile), well then it would be well worth the extra $30 or whatever they are charging for this feature.

Yeah they really should do away with this gimmick as it really does look terrible when turned on. If they aren't going to find some CC like way of using the led's to make it light up decent they should just quit.

I always found it funny how he used force choke, which is clearly a DARK SIDE power. :lol
How did he even learn that?

I never realized that he utilized a force choke in that scene. I always thought that he used the Force to simply push the guards back to where they were and keep them in place.

:exactly:

Don’t think they passed out or died....he just tweeked them to get them to move.....

Let’s apply that to the harsh reviews today’s movie audience now bitches about....

Why Didn’t Like just choke Jabba to death from the start? Leila did it later anyway?

Why didn’t Luke just Choke the speeder bike pilots?

Why didn’t Luke just choke the Emperor from the start?

Back to regular programming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think they passed out or died....he just tweeked them to get them to move.....

Let’s apply that to the harsh reviews today’s movie audience now bitches about....

Why Didn’t Like just choke Jabba to death from the start? Leila did it later anyway?

Why didn’t Luke just Choke the speeder bike pilots?

Why didn’t Luke just choke the Emperor from the start?

Back to regular programming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn't Luke just choke the saga after ROTJ?

You learn something new everyday in the world of Star Wars!! Thank you :hi5:

I never realized that he utilized a force choke in that scene. I always thought that he used the Force to simply push the guards back to where they were and keep them in place.

:exactly:

Why didn't Luke just choke the saga after ROTJ?

Thanks guys. Just some stuff I’ve picked up along the way. None are my original thoughts but after viewing countless hours of behind the scenes footage and interviews I’ve formulated this short summary.

Also these films were meant for kids so the simple symbology of colors along with a brilliant musical score for each make characters easily and instantly recognizable as good or bad. Everyone knew Vader was a bad dude as soon as he stepped on the bridge of the Tantive IV.

I don’t think Luke killed the Gamorean guards. I think he just made them pass out. At least that’s what it looked like to me. I also don’t think he was powerful enough to take on or choke an entire room full of Jabba’s guards, denizens, and bounty hunters so choking him would have resulted in his death for sure.

He could probably have looked into the future a bit to see where that kind of action would have lead him. Plus he was trying to revive the old Jedi ways of negotiating first before entering into “aggressive negotiations”. Supposedly he found Ben’s old books and notes in his home on Tatooine and completed his training. See Shadows of the Empire novel.

Don't forget how after he battles Vader in his black tunic, he unbuttons the collar to show a white shirt underneath, symbolizing that despite his brief dark side temptation, he's still good inside.

Back