Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a rubber band in the lower part, that goes through the legs.
This is the steps to be followed.
1. Remove the head and hands.
2. Take the boots off
3. Take the pants off pulling from the ankle area
4. Bend one leg in the knee and take the rubber band off
5. Remove the shirt
6. Remove the fat suit starting with the shoulders and sliding it down.

All have to be done not forcing it at all.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed to know.

What do you guys think they will do with the accessories. I know it’s been discussed a lot but after them releasing Dark Side Anakin, do you think they’d dare release a deluxe Jedi Luke this late in the game?

Btw he’s back up at BBTS for preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys think they will do with the accessories. I know it’s been discussed a lot but after them releasing Dark Side Anakin, do you think they’d dare release a deluxe Jedi Luke this late in the game?

Do you mean releasing a whole deluxe figure vs an accessories pack?

God only knows at this point what they will do, lol, after releasing Anakin and then dark side Anakin so close together. Im hoping for an accessory pack because all the current Luke needs is a helmeted head sculpt and a poncho, and boom, you have Endor Luke. Possibly a few more gloved hands. Other than that, you are rebuying everything you already have. Which sort of sounds ridiculous, but hell they are re-releasing the same exact Anakin with painted eyes and a different base, so it's a coin flip at this point what they have planned.

The one thing that gives hope to the accessories pack is that it was vaugely mentioned in the Luke ROTJ instructions, which was something new for Hot Toys it seems.

I'd rather have a full Endor Luke with the options to switch parts between the figures.

There's an outside chance that HT break with tradition and give the option of both a full figure and an expansion pack. Thereby covering all bases and maximising sales.

I wish they would ship the pre-orders they have before taking more orders. Hopefully this signals that they will be shipping soon.

I'd rather have a full Endor Luke with the options to switch parts between the figures.

There's an outside chance that HT break with tradition and give the option of both a full figure and an expansion pack. Thereby covering all bases and maximising sales.

Yeah, they might as well include an expansion accessory pack for this figure, in addition to an Endor Luke.

Those who have intentions on only having one RotJ Luke, say just this figure, likely aren’t going to buy Endor Luke just for the additional accessories. Offer an accessory pack though for this figure, and they’ll get that. Wouldn’t cut into sales of Endor Luke because those who plan on having this figure and Endor Luke are going to get Endor Luke anyway, regardless of an accessory pack to this figure.

Highly doubt they do an Endor accessory pack for Luke. They already showed it as a full figure. That is what you will get if they ever put the damn thing up for pre-order :tap
And they better, because I want the extra gloves and windswept hair they held back for extortion.

I wish they would ship the pre-orders they have before taking more orders. Hopefully this signals that they will be shipping soon.

I'm with you there...I am glad to see that it is still available at BBTS for folks that missed it previously (that's how I got a PO in - missed it the first round, got in on the second - now it's in round three)...here's hoping the flood gates open soon and these start shipping to everyone who ordered.

In the meantime, more pictures from those lucky enough to have received him already are most welcome!

Before this Luke went up for order I thought there was a slight chance of them doing the same thing they did with JL WW, where they offered a deluxe version that included the black fur cloak that had previously been previewed at SDCC as part of a separate figure. But now that this Luke as been released I think the only way we're getting his Endor look is with the full Endor figure.

No way they're doing an expansion pack.

I'm parting out my spare HT Jedi Luke. If anyone's interested in anything, PM me. Everything's available except the base and the lightsaber w/both blades.

Just preordered mine from SS. Hopefully it ships soon. Us folks in Canada get slapped with duty tax [emoji35]

So i shouldn't worry about the fat suit ruining articulation?

Depends what poses you are going for. Some say it hinders movement. I left mine on (no desire to start chopping up all his padding) and have had no issues with any poses I was looking for, but others swear by it. So I suppose it's personal preference

I'm going to go for full cloak option at first so a simple pose that will just be down to futzing rather than padding removal.

Before this Luke went up for order I thought there was a slight chance of them doing the same thing they did with JL WW, where they offered a deluxe version that included the black fur cloak that had previously been previewed at SDCC as part of a separate figure. But now that this Luke as been released I think the only way we're getting his Endor look is with the full Endor figure.

No way they're doing an expansion pack.
Truth be told as much as I sometimes would like things like accessory packs or whatever to me it kinda makes sense to not do releases that way. I mean from the collector’s perspective we think that makes sense but yet a lot of us want to display more than one look anyways so you’d be buying a second figure. From Hot Toys’ perspective they’re able to release a second figure easily and satisfy the wants of some.

Just preordered mine from SS. Hopefully it ships soon. Us folks in Canada get slapped with duty tax [emoji35]

Dont you have any friends(On here or otherwise), in the US?
I get all my SS shipments sent to a friend in the US and he forwards them to me marked as “toy doll, gift, $15”
All tax concerns taken care of, lol.

Back