Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See? Just changed for me to “Shipped”.

What else can you tell us about the future? Good call on shipping...lol

83477e46ba928da76d5c0ceaf681adb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most excellent, mine updated as well! Now hopefully it gets here Tuesday when I'm not working :lol

again with the triple posting, you know some forums, especaily ones with multi quote count that as spamming.

So do not buy the figure if your so displeased with it. *rolls eyes*.

Ouch... I forgot again. Sorry.

But why the extremist attitude in you and so many others around here? All this hivemindish thought control and harsh rejection of free thinking remembers me of all that puritan Mayflower business. Really: are you all from the same country, where constructive criticism is rewarded with the electric chair? I really find your lack of critical thinking disturbing. *rolls eyes*

I have purchased the damn figure, because it still is the best game in town (with puzzling flaws and all, like the clearly-out-of-scale-critical-accessory and dull facial expression). And even in spite of that, I'LL KEEP EMPIRICALLY CRITICIZING IT AND EMPIRICALLY CRITICIZING IT AND EMPIRICALLY CRITICIZING IT (and sending useless emails to HT so that they improve their ways, which wouldn't be so useless if all of you people did the same!).
Is this really so difficult for you to grasp??? Do you feel insulted by this simple notion of buying things but still wanting them to improve??? :)

To be honest, I don't think what he said was that wrong. After all we are talking about a premium figure, which costs a lot of money. I can understand why he is after perfection.

Shshshshshshsh! Don't dare talk like that, for if you do, you shall be crucified for blasphemy!!

Perfection doesn't exist. Not at any price point. The pursuit of it will drive you insane.

Amen. *rolls eyes*

You know what? I think I'll buy the black shirt from the upcoming SSC version of Jedi Luke if it ends up being superior than HT's (and if I can find it loose and at a reasonable price). And I will adapt it to the TT body. And then I'll have a better Luke! And I'll have had a whole lotta fun while at it!! Just as I had when I bought both Medicom Luke and 2006 SSC Luke to create my currently-for-sale Jedi Luke! It was great! And I got to sell all the other pieces I didn't need, so that the Medicom Luke costed me almost nothing! It was great!

I tell you this in a useless effort to make you understand just how basically wrong you are and how useless your dogmas are when applied beyond the limits of your skull.

In my view, perfection is not impossible, and even if it was, PURSUING IT is still worth the "effort" (if anything in this hobby can be called that, which I doubt). And it is when you realise this and go for it, that you understand the deeper truth: the pursuit of perfection actually is a lot of fun. In everything, but especially in this silly 1/6 thing that we practice.

Relinquishing that pursuit, that is the real mistake. Accepting suboptimal stuff in exchange for top cash, that is the real lack of imagination.
Is this really that hard to put through your heads, people? :)))))

I must also say, that now that I know you and understand what your problems are, your expressions of contempt addressed to me begin to feel very good indeed!!
You may fire when ready!!!
:)))

In general, you are absolutely right.
But it's not that difficult to take care of the correct scale of the accessories.

By the way, I have absolutely no problem with "not 100% movie accuracy". If it wasn't him, I would have never noticed that.
I just said I understand him.

I am sorry that guy is not right. Not at all. But well... nothing more to say about that.
I can take 95% accuracy (not less than that, not at this price range), but man, don't let them fool ya: asking for a damn handgun to be in scale with the damn hand that should hold it... that is not wanting 100% accuracy. Not by far. At this price range, that is a big screw-up. In such a situation, with such an iconic character at stake, Asmus would be already shipping fixed guns for free......

Best,
m.

The upcoming SSC version of the same character might have a better made outfit. Have you considered that?
If you are lucky and manage to get hold of the SSC shirt when it come out on TA, you might be able to kitbash out that "front flap" problem. Certainly, it looks too big and out of scale on the HT version... :-(
m.

Wonder if it would be possible to customize the "front flap" on the shirt. Hating how puffy and out of scale it looks, especially when the size of it doesn't look quite right.

I had paid off the entire figure with rewards points and just had to pay for the shipping which Sideshow charged today. Hopefully it’ll ship out and arrive soon!

p.s some of these earlier posts are getting a bit dumb. Just saying. Rock on brothers and cant wait till the pics start rolling in.

Nice to see everyone's order is on the move. Mine hasn't had any change since I placed the Sideshow order over a month ago. Oh well.:(

Nice to see everyone's order is on the move. Mine hasn't had any change since I placed the Sideshow order over a month ago. Oh well.:(

I don't know what has changed but it used to be that split shipments were pretty rare, now it happens about every damn release.

Back