Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how did you go about the mod for it any picks

Well it was a long, long time ago :lol because that medicom body broke a while back ( cheap plastic material which changed color ) so I used the parts for my custom Jedi Luke .

I believe it had a peg attached permanently to the back of the glove, so I think I digged into the peg with a xacto knife because it was a extremely tight area , carved and yanked the pieces of the peg out. Then I drilled a hole big enough and carefully ( because that plastic was not made to have a hole) just deep enough that a HT or SSC hand peg can slip into the hole I made and then still grinding slightly the hand peg into the plastic until the hole had a snug fit.

Simple right :slap

Last edited:
If I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I read any of the old EU books), didn't EU Luke pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit and crash it?
I know Starkiller did that in the Force Unleashed game, not sure about EU Luke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well it was a long, long time ago :lol because that medicom body broke a while back ( cheap plastic material which changed color ) so I used the parts for my custom Jedi Luke .

I believe it had a peg attached permanently to the back of the glove, so I think I digged into the peg with a xacto knife because it was a extremely tight area , carved and yanked the pieces of the peg out. Then I drilled a hole big enough and carefully ( because that plastic was not made to have a hole) just deep enough that a HT or SSC hand peg can slip into the hole I made and then still grinding slightly the hand peg into the plastic until the hole had a snug fit.

Simple right :slap

I figured that I did the same thing to. I cut the back off of another hand cut around the whole where the hand peg would fit into small enough to fit inside the whole where the old wrist peg was and glued it into place it was a pain process but now we have another black gloved hand. so instead of 11 now there`s 12.:wave

so which lightsabers do every one like best for this release. I still have two of the original SSC luke jedi handles and of course the one that came with this release. I like the darker green from the sideshow better then the clear blade. because if your not going to use the light up arm I would think the darker green would look better maybe.

Sideshow seems to be the better more accurate saber but the HT has the better paint job.

so which lightsabers do every one like best for this release. I still have two of the original SSC luke jedi handles and of course the one that came with this release. I like the darker green from the sideshow better then the clear blade. because if your not going to use the light up arm I would think the darker green would look better maybe.

Comparing all the green sabers ( Medicom, SSC, HT ) ..I actually like this one the best despite the wide part, I like the shine of the hilt and I like the clear blade and I’m actually surprised there is a little touch of crystallization on the blade . I also like the option that both the swipe effect and blade can be attached on the lit and non lit hilts.

The silver on this hilt blends so well with any light that I like having him posed just holding the hilt in his hand

I got my choices so I`m good either way. I just got him in today awesome figure I love it. it will stand proudly with my dx07 and my SSC snowspeeder pilot as my three favorite luke`s in my collection. I have him wearing his Endor poncho gear on right at the moment.

I got my choices so I`m good either way. I just got him in today awesome figure I love it. it will stand proudly with my dx07 and my SSC snowspeeder pilot as my three favorite luke`s in my collection. I have him wearing his Endor poncho gear on right at the moment.

Congrats! :wave

I wish HT gave this one an extra glove holding saber non lit hand, but I see they focused mainly on the fist to simulate him cuffed that they forgot that people might never want to use the light up arm. :slap

BTW, I tried the SSC first run gloved hand with this figure and of course it was easier to slip on the HT peg but it looked flat out ugly and too big . So I’m glad for now I have the medi as an option. It is a tad small and the glove is an inch or two shorter than the HT glove . But eh, it gets the job done. I’m hoping the Endor version will have some glove options .

I wish HT gave this one an extra glove holding saber non lit hand, but I see they focused mainly on the fist to simulate him cuffed that they forgot that people might never want to use the light up arm. :slap

BTW, I tried the SSC first run gloved hand with this figure and of course it was easier to slip on the HT peg but it looked flat out ugly and too big . So I’m glad for now I have the medi as an option. It is a tad small and the glove is an inch or two shorter than the HT glove . But eh, it gets the job done. I’m hoping the Endor version will have some glove options .

yeah I know the gloved medi hand is on the small size but don't think will notice it from photos. I`m working on a ROTJ han solo just waiting for some pants to come in. I have the UU han solo trench coat already.

Comparing all the green sabers ( Medicom, SSC, HT ) ..I actually like this one the best despite the wide part, I like the shine of the hilt and I like the clear blade and I’m actually surprised there is a little touch of crystallization on the blade . I also like the option that both the swipe effect and blade can be attached on the lit and non lit hilts.

The silver on this hilt blends so well with any light that I like having him posed just holding the hilt in his hand

I believe the deluxe edition of sideshow Return Of the Jedi R2D2 also comes with the jedi saber.

Does that mean you have to switch to the lightup arm if you want him to hold his saber? Or is it the one attached out the box for once?

Wakanda forever?
5a8677d3593cae2f3d57d2b3a5c5f8f9.jpg

255c8e0a5eef52e9f18fbd303fcad2e4.jpg

Love this one. Great photos by the way.

Back