Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

So they would do ESB Boba? Just seems like they wouldn't want to compete with the 1/4 and release a ROTJ 1/6 at the same time.

Good maybe they will at least make one with the correct !@#$%$ shade of green this time. :monkey3

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

So they would do ESB Boba? Just seems like they wouldn't want to compete with the 1/4 and release a ROTJ 1/6 at the same time.
I believe they have POs up for both 1:6 and 1:4 IM Mark XLIII, so honestly I don't think they'd be concerned with cannibalizing sales. There seem to be a few people that will buy both scales but not very many, so I think it'd be a non-issue. Plus I really want an HT Boba and Han-in-Carbonite. *goes to start new thread on it* :p

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

^^So with the carbonite, which version makes more sense? ESB that just saw him frozen, or ROTJ admiring his prize at Jabba's. I just usually associate frozen Han with Jabba's palace since the block gets more screen time in Jedi.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

If it's ESB Fett, then for my money the only thing that makes sense is the block (w/light-up feature ;)) with some sort of clear stand so it can 'float' horizontally. Main thing for me is that no corners are cut and it's in perfect 1:6 scale (unlike the Interrogation Droid or recon droid coming with the Sandies -- don't care so much in those cases but the block being proportionally incorrect would bug me a lot). Hadn't thought of it before, but making it specific to ESB also means they could release a ROTJ throne room version later, which I'm sure they would.

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

The carbonite floating horizontally with Fett and a couple stormtroopers would make a pretty sweet display. Start that thread already. Ha

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

I forgot to even ask which Boba Fett it would be. I assume Empire Strikes Back.

I was told a lot of secret Star Wars information today! I heard about the new movie and the toys coming out from Hasbro.

That big Hasbro Millennium Falcon is being released again :)

Another thing of interest is that there will be no more "slave" Leia toys.

I guess that portrayal of the character will be off-limits for just about everything now, including comic books and related merchandising.

They are trying to craft Leia into being acceptable as one of the Disney Princesses going forward.

I guess that portrayal of the character will be off-limits for just about everything now, including comic books and related merchandising.

They are trying to craft Leia into being acceptable as one of the Disney Princesses going forward.

Ugh. Unfortunate this is.

How did you learn all these things?

Is this confirmed? Are Disney tabooing Slave Leia merchandise? :lol But that stuff sells so well!

If it's ESB Fett, then for my money the only thing that makes sense is the block (w/light-up feature ;)) with some sort of clear stand so it can 'float' horizontally. Main thing for me is that no corners are cut and it's in perfect 1:6 scale (unlike the Interrogation Droid or recon droid coming with the Sandies -- don't care so much in those cases but the block being proportionally incorrect would bug me a lot). Hadn't thought of it before, but making it specific to ESB also means they could release a ROTJ throne room version later, which I'm sure they would.

So long as it's the ESB version of the carb block I'm happy. The ROTJ version just doesn't look as cool.

I've been meaning to build a custom block out of the Hasbro one (which is a superior sculpt to the SSC one) but I'm holding off to see if HT does one.

Who said this?

Oola has actual fully exposed breasts and we still got kid's action figures of her.

That was when it was LFL, I'm assuming, though? Suppose Disney wants to mix Star Wars characters in with their other mainstream stuff at their parks or whatever, I could see them wanting Leia as de-sexualized as possible. I'd still take it with a grain of salt but it does sound like something I could see Disney doing.

*Runs to go buy all the VC64's for kids college fund*

I forgot to even ask which Boba Fett it would be. I assume Empire Strikes Back.

I was told a lot of secret Star Wars information today! I heard about the new movie and the toys coming out from Hasbro.

That big Hasbro Millennium Falcon is being released again :)

Hopefully you mean the one with the interior, not the latest one that lacked any detail.

I knew I should've bought this when I came across it in Barnes and Noble lol.
FU2597lg.jpg

They have Slave Jasmine collectibles, why not Leia?

18795735.jpg

How many figures do people think they'll show at once? What's the most they've ever shown at one time from another license?

I can't remember exactly now but two years ago when the Hoth display was new they did both Han, Luke, Taun Tan and Probe Droid along with some other non-Hoth stuff (some of that other stuff had already been teased or shown without release date like Grievous, Capt. Wolf etc).

Last year was underwhelming with Xwing pilot Luke, Tie pilot, R2 and C3PO but that was all SSC. HT did the entire Guardians of the Galaxy, BTTF, Ripley and quite a bit more stuff so hard to say. HT had no Star Wars presence at last year SDCC so we will see what they pull out this year and if they combine it with SSC (come on Jawas). Two years ago SCC said in their panel that we would see the rest of the bounty hunters soon so I would love a reveal of Dengar, Zuckuss, or 4-Lom but I have no idea what to expect from them anymore, especially with the lack luster production pieces of recent and now HT all over it, I hope it is not just all the figures we have seen already plus Luke and Leia but that could be it.

That is actually not true at all. Not sure where you got your info man, but I know for a fact Disney will still make slave Leia merch.

That is actually not true at all. Not sure where you got your info man, but I know for a fact Disney will still make slave Leia merch.

That is good to hear. I thought it weird they wouldn't because they pulled out all the photos of her in this garb on the Leia panel at Celebration and Carrie had a good laugh. It seemed they were still promoting that image of her.

It would be nice to finally get a figure for her in this guise as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back