Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap and Steve have found their place on my desk.

1908330_10153882844204460_3632100327563825779_n.jpg

Ya it isn't really traditional. I think the AOU look will beat out the strike suit for me as long as the figure doesn't turn out bad.

I don think there is anything that can be done to make the arms move better. The undershirt is so restrictive not much can be done. I cut the arms off the suit to try to give them better range and that was a huge mistake. I have a new top coming in the mail.

I'm in the same boat. The only one I've seen recently was the rubber band mod that doesn't involve any cutting. I think the link is a few pages back.

I was so close to winning a mech test Stark auction earlier today and would've just sold this set to fund it. Got outbid at the last second so I guess I'm meant to get this. :lol

The original Mech Test or the IM3 Armor Test?

Yea, I have some catching up to do. I'm not even aware of the rubber band mod. I saw Haytil's (?) mod with the Reeve body. Looks great but seems like it's limited to a museum pose. I want to see what the best cuts to the rubber suit are; to maximize articulation, gain the V, but not to make him look hollow in certain spots

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and say "Keep your order"

I like this set. Is the STRIKE suit restrictive? yeah. A few loose threads? Just don't pull 'em...a trim with scissors does the trick. Once a good pose is found, it looks GREAT. It was a cool look in the movie, and it looks cool here. The Steve Rogers figure is gravy here. Looks good on it's own with a fantastic portrait or port it over to the Stealth one for an alternate look.

I've got GA Cap too...and almost passed on it after reading a lot of the back -n-forth in here....and it's one of my favorites. You like Cap...get this set!

Hey, I'm looking forward to the AOU version too...and I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of this set until it arrives....

Some of my shots again...

Nice JB! Good to hear the good words, although I haven't heard or seen much (good or bad) to sway my opinion. I was in for this from the beginning. It may need a little TLC out of the box, but I think it's a killer set. Can't believe so many people have decided against if

Alright, I think I took enough space and pages on this thread with this topic so I apologize..
Back to Basics!

Nice shots but you make Widow look particularly good! I was pretty set on not even opening the box and eventually selling her, but your pics are making me think twice! I have to see what else is floating around in her thread to persuade me

Looking good! Which is your favorite so far?

My favorite Cap (that I have) so far is GA Cap. When you combine the costume, die cast shield, and articulation, it's the best combination for me. As I said before, they should have closed his mouth for the head sculpt as that's his only issue.

I played around tonight with stealth Cap and he's really growing on me. QC issues aside, he's got great details and his leg articulation is awesome

No question the Strike set is my favorite IMO. However I don't have any other versions of Cap other than TFA version which I can't stand

PopcultKid Although I highly recommend taking the WS widow out for your collection, I wish I could say out of the box it looks like mine, but no..I actually had to custom mine with the lipstick and hair because HT didn't do Scar that much justice IMO.

The set is definitely my fav

Last edited:
PopcultKid Although I highly recommend taking the WS widow out for your collection, I wish I could say out of the box it looks like mine, but no..I actually had to custom mine with the lipstick and hair because HT didn't do Scar that much justice IMO.

I knew something was up. I decided against her a while ago so I stopped popping in that thread, but I ever seen her look that good. I see the lip repaint now. What did you do to the hair?

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

All set for Cap... He will be here tomorrow.
868a49ced1b8c4afb2b1dd2eb54d22ea.jpg

Incidentally I now have a pair of Rogers' jeans and boots that I don't need. Turns out they are too big for Wolverine.

Ht shld hav used a tmm20 body for cap... Bigger chest n shoulders drop down (bigger neck muscles)..

The body for stealth is not only too skinny, but the shoulders are squarish n makes him look short necked.

No way to put the tmm20 body on him due to the neck pc, unless u wana cut the neckpc to allow for cap head to fit in...

What can be done is to stuff more foam in the chest, n press the two shoulders down as much as possible to avoid the squarish look of the shoulders..

Ht shld hav used a tmm20 body for cap... Bigger chest n shoulders drop down (bigger neck muscles)..

The body for stealth is not only too skinny, but the shoulders are squarish n makes him look short necked.

No way to put the tmm20 body on him due to the neck pc, unless u wana cut the neckpc to allow for cap head to fit in...

What can be done is to stuff more foam in the chest, n press the two shoulders down as much as possible to avoid the squarish look of the shoulders..

That won't help with obtaining the V shape though but I think you are right the perfect body would be TTM20 body, which is believed to be the body they used for the proto.

Back